FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I change my IP settings in the registry itself?

koolbluez
I want to know if the IP settings for my Service Provider can be done in the registry itself as I want to automatise the Settings, by making a .reg file.

Is there any method of automatizing the IP settings, like DNS Server properties, addresses....

Please help... urgent
d722002
not that i know of, but try looking in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS_NT/CURRENTVERSION

if theyre anywhere, its in there.
mrbofh
Great DNS ip config, u can find on www.no-ip.com I've seen batch file DNS settings, but i never heard for reg. DNS config...
Bengt
To be honest,
i don't think so.
Very Happy
koolbluez
OK... how to do the batch file DNS settings.... can u type out the batch file here...
orno
what exactly do u want to do?
once the settings are entered for your connection they stay that way...

why do u want the reg file (if indeed u CAN make a reg file for that in the first place)?
orcaz
I think IP address are probably assigned by the ISP, unless you are on your own network, which will start with a 10.sth or 169. sth...
DeFwh
its one of those constants in the universe but u might be able to by messing with some serious back coding of windows and an isp server to reroute your ip which is more like an ip back door hack which would probably get you in a lot of shit because this would mean u could block others ips such as military and governmental and they would come to your house and magnetize your harddrives and not allow u to even touch a computer

but really why do u need to change ur ip? i mean are u the online hugh hefner and pimped the wrong girl or did you hacks something and left a stupid signiture behind and now ur in deep s***?
lukeropro
I have no idea what you guys are talking about...All I know is that you guys are talking about changing your IP...I think you can't but I may be wrong cos I'm a noob at these kinds of stuff...
bvebve
I think i'ts not possible.

When the connection is up, you can make any change to the registry settings but they'll take effect next time you reboot the computer.

Maybe the right question is: It's possible to reload the registry settings without rebooting?
Akselus
If you want to change ip of you network card, it is possible, but new ip will be active after disabling and enabling device (network card), if you're intested i can send you sources of my java program to change mac addres of network cards (it's change it in registry and use microsoft free tool to disable and enable device).

ps. Sorry for my english :/
Talk2Tom11
isn't the IP Address assigned by the Internet provider and not the computer itself. Unless you tell the internet options to not obtain an ip automatically and you can assign one that way.
koolbluez
Evil or Very Mad guyz, what i wanted is an easy method to directly fill up my network ISP provider's IP settings, instead of me remembering all the IP addresses & fillin them up everytime i format & reinstall my windows

using something like a .reg file or .bat file. I didn't commit any "CRIME" as Evil or Very Mad DeFwh Evil or Very Mad mentioned. Only needed to automate my IP-Setting-Filling
Akselus
my card tcp/ip info are storing here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{4CBA7253-C341-4A9E-B2DD-F5264B0435D5}
but that last directory denpends on device (i think soo) soo it will be differen every time you reinstall windows (i'm not sure of that). If i'm wrong the easiest method will be export that key, and if you want to restory ip just add it to registry. But if i'm right you need write small utility to do that (if you realy need it, i can write it when i will have some free time).

Good Luck Smile