FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

band of the week - free domain!

Hobbit
EDIT: We will be be having a contest, $50, $25 and a free domain, please check out the site for more information!!!!

After hours of hard work, and 24 hours of thinking that my domain was not working (when it was actually being activated) I have finally launched my site www.bandoftheweek.com

Basically it's a site where you can post your band, get some feedback, then at the end of the week there will be a poll where you can vote for your favorite bands. This is mostly for undiscovered fans who want to be discovered. The winner will be featured on the home page and the BOTW section of the site so everyone can listen to you.

www.bandoftheweek.com for more details

If you have a band, sign up, if you want to hear new music, sign up. Wink
Balkanboy
You should add some padding to left and right column. Also you can change font to be nicer. Try Tahoma,Arial familly.
Alie
With my resolution (1152X864) site page looks like pretty good Wink
Your link to phpBB templates' site doesn't working... I can't see your button, maybe you made any mistake in the link to it?
7gts-scout
wow..great layout! i like them... keep it up Razz Laughing
Hobbit
Here's a link to the forum http://www.bandoftheweek.com/community/ I just checked all the links and they all work. Confused

Yeah I was gonna change the font, but I don't know what font to change it to. I'm still thinking about that.

Thanks for the layout comment, I might change it up a bit though. 5 bands already posted Very Happy I thought I was gonna be loner.
Alie
Google banner is larger then your header in forum. It looks like lil strange, by the way align is left as I see....
It'll be much better if you'll change forum width up to google banner and remove blue line from picture.
Hobbit
I don't know how to remove the blue line. Embarassed
warallthetm
traffic wise, hows your site doing???? Also, I'm interested in link xchange.
salman_500
well i also had an idea of creating a site to promote underground bands.... and mine was better.. ( ill keep it to myself ) ...

as far as ur site is concerned... i like ur idea too... but the background of ur theme ......wel.....its very bad............ the font of ur header is good and the bg for that is also good.... ubt u can further improve ur layout..... the colo combination is not of my style... coz you see the header of ur side bar is ver kool... but then common grey as bg for it........ not good...... you can make it better... and i say u do soo... it will improve traffic because ppl come bak if the layout is good...
Hobbit
Yeah I think I'll come up with some sort of gradient background with my newly learned css skills. =P
salman_500
Hobbit wrote:
Yeah I think I'll come up with some sort of gradient background with my newly learned css skills. =P

good luck with that !!!!!! Dancing
oskuro
I really like the design, good work Wink
Hobbit
oskuro wrote:
I really like the design, good work Wink

Thanks. Very Happy

Check out the home page for a list of bands that have been submitted to this date. The first two are really good.
NjRocket
very nice idea for a site. Good job.
Hobbit
*bump*

Check out this weeks winner. Very Happy Also check out the featured band Kenotia, it's really good.

I got banned from google, so the home page looks kinda empty. What do you suggest I put on the sides?
Hobbit
Hahah, I asked for suggestions not your band bio, thanks for the info though lol. Rolling Eyes

I'm actually not bias or anything, but it would be hard for me to post up a boyband up, even if they won.
Rmgk
hahaaha...yeh, did you see our music video Razz
Scorpio
Hobbit wrote:
*bump*

Check out this weeks winner. Very Happy Also check out the featured band Kenotia, it's really good.

I got banned from google, so the home page looks kinda empty. What do you suggest I put on the sides?

How long were you on google's adsense anyway?

You can put another ad there from another ad site
Hobbit
*another bump*

Any more suggestions for the homepage? I added a music player, it runs pretty smoothly. I didn't make the music player though, I will make one though (once I have +6 hours to learn how).
Hobbit
I need your opinions, should I change the whole layout? If so, what type of layout? I will keep the three rows though. While you're at the site, check out this week's winner Very Happy.
Tomppe
Nice site! And the layout to your forum is the nicest one Very Happy (i use it too).. Nice and clean
Hobbit
Yeah it's my favorite, I customized the css and buttons though.
Matte52
Very nice and clean site you have there =)

It was clean and it was coded in php (my favorite coding lang)

Kind regards:
Matte52
Tomppe
I have done that too Smile Nice nice
Hobbit
Hey all, check out the new site, everything is new. www.bandoftheweek.com I also upgraded to vbulletin. Sign up as well, theres +600 members and +100 band to listen to.
rayx
Great layout, great site and I like it ! Looks proffesional to me.
Are you using CMS or Template for your webpage ?
Hobbit
Yes, I had my own template before but I want to get better before I upload my own again. I use vbadvanced which is cms/portal plug in. Thanks Very Happy.
Hobbit
Can someone please tell me how the new layout looks? It's a highly modified version of one that already existed (saved me a lot of trouble).

Also, go to the forum ( www.bandoftheweek.com/forum.php ) and tell me if the new topic/old topic icons looks good. They are supposed to be guitar picks, or at least look like one.

It's set to default, but if not then go to the footer and select "band of the week default skin" so you can see the skin I'm talking about.
Hobbit
EDIT: We will be be having a contest, $50, $25 and a free domain, please check out the site for more information!!!!