FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Attn: Crappy Drivers....

S3nd K3ys
1 - Signal first, then apply the brakes. Don't come to a complete stop, then put on your turn signal at the very last second.

2 - The gore is not meant to be driven across. Wait until the dashed white line appears before merging.

3 - If i'm turning left across traffic, and you're coming the opposite way and turning right, and have a YIELD sign, you need to yield and GTFO of my way.

4 - During rush hour traffic don't drive so slow that a 100+ car gap forms between you and vehicle in front of you. This fawks up traffic.

5 - If you are a dirty hippy, in a Prius trying to maximize gas mileage, GTFO of the left lane. You're fawking up traffic.

6 - If you are black, you are not entitled to driving on the shoulder around traffic. When "the man" writes you a ticket, don't fight it in court. You look like a fool, and the judge will mock you.

7 - A Solid white line means traffic is flowing in the same direction, do not pass.

8 - If traffic comes to a halt in your far right lane because it's backed up for an exit, and you're in the center lane, there is no reason to slam on the brakes. Just haul ass by.

9 - If you miss your left hand turn, just go up the the next light and do a U-turn. Don't sit there blocking 2 lanes of traffic because you can't follow simple directions.

10 - If you run out of gas during rush hour, you should be allowed to be shot in the face, and you car looted for parts.

That is all for now.
bluedragon
Hmm ... a black reference can be made, but it seems you've forgotten about the Asians and Arabs and Mexicans!! Senior citizens, too!
n0obie4life
bluedragon wrote:
Hmm ... a black reference can be made, but it seems you've forgotten about the Asians and Arabs and Mexicans!! Senior citizens, too!

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-13011.html Evil or Very Mad. Have you read the Rules?!
Mr Smith
Is this a guide on how to be welcomed at a prison cell? And for the first one... in New Zealand... indicate three seconds before turning... muahaha, I knew that from serious practise - about to get my license after I get the yeah from my parents.
meet in rio
Haha. I can't drive.

I'm one for those annoying ----ers who crawls along in second gear and panics when they see a bus.

I will never pass my test.
Scotty Too Hotty
lol, driving in my area is not bad at all, all you need to do is be able to navigate a car. if you have any common sense it isnthard to do. We dont have free-ways or interstates. WE have Highways and well thats it as well as regular streets. Our Biggest Street is 4 lanes accross, 2 going in both directions. If you cant navigate through this its sad., But i laugh when i see new drivers flipping out over this street as it is so hilariously busy. lol
blackninja_af
Kansas people are the worst drivers in the world. I have yet to see a good one yet
Pablo Diablo
Thank you for posting those road rules. As a valet, I drive 8 hours a day in the downtown tourist area of Niagara Falls Ontario, and the bad driving there has made me a very enraged driver. Every rule you've written is routinely broken. It is as if the tourists assume that since they are on vacation, rules need not apply till they get back home.
ocalhoun
wow...
S3nd K3ys now does for general chat what he does for world news!
This is great!
otiscom
Absolutely marvelous!

I hope more drivers read this and blush (at least) when they realise you are talking about THEM.

The indicating bit is my pet hate (and mobile phone use and...)

Anyway refreshing to read.
orno
in india, theres just one rule

if i have a bigger car, i win

everything is decided by the size of the car
Code of Ruin
orno wrote:

Good then my Hummer rules!!
Also follow these basic rules when driving:
-Horns are used for alerting other people. Don't honk the horn to greet your friends, that only proves you are a danger and gets people very angry.
-If you wan't to overtake someone who is doing 50 miles an hour, then don't do so by driving 51 miles an hour.
-If your eyesight is troubling you then don't take the car to the optometrist.
Helios
Just get a plane licence..
For about 7000$ you can get a flight course that'll give you access to a small propeller plane. These are very easy to fly.. all you have to do is understand some basic physics and learn how to press some buttons.
Blaster
I can fly a plan! Very Happy Totally true S3nd K3ys. Totaly true. And have you ever seen deleware drivers. They are the worst. The kind that get into the left lane and so 50 in a 65 mph zone. and pass you and then slow up.
tidruG
ocalhoun wrote:
wow...
S3nd K3ys now does for general chat what he does for world news!
This is great!

Woah there, little S3nd-fan.

This is definitely not great:

S3nd K3ys wrote:
6 - If you are black, you are not entitled to driving on the shoulder around traffic. When "the man" writes you a ticket, don't fight it in court. You look like a fool, and the judge will mock you.

S3nd, don't overdo in trying to be amusingly funny.
I am not amused. Don't get yourself in trouble. You've also been dodging the forum censor (that's not a big offense in my book. It's still a broken rule as far as the Frihost rules are concerned.)

@orno, the smaller your vehicle, the better your chances of winning. I get where I want to go much faster swinging dodging through the traffic on my bike rather than in my car. Smaller cars/bikes can fit into places bigger vehicles can't.
Scorpio
orno wrote:

@tidrug:

By winning, what I imply is that, you cant get hit by anything else, or run over or trampled..

The best vehicle would be a water tanker, (you rule the world) and the best thing is that you can run over anybody.

I'd rather prefer a plane, but my eyesight may not
Helios
Your glasses can help.

Hey scorpio, let's steal a tank from some בסיס in the דרום. Very Happy
evilryu530
those are some good points. crappy drivers seem to really slow down traffic. the ones i hate the most are the ones who think they are trying to regulate the speed limit. wtf? if people wanna drive fast, than let them. else, get to the right lane. Wink

i tell you, sometimes it drives me insane when iim driving in my corvette and people want to race me, i end up dusting them by far and it's pointless. other people try to drive slow in front of me and won't switch. i hate that! wasup with that?
Kaisonic
I agree. There are some pretty crappy drivers out there. And here's some advice from me. I drive the speed limit. I think we should all drive the speed limit. If you want to drive over the speed limit, go ahead, risk your life, risk getting a ticket, and pass me. But for the love of all things holy DO NOT go slower than the speed limit. There is nothing more pathetic than getting passed by a guy doing the speed limit (me). Seriously. The speed limit means "Drive this to be legal or go faster," not "Drive this or slower to be legal." Well, technically the latter is what's legally said, but the former is socially accepted, so heed to it!
Rmgk
I still cant get my learners license here in Australia because i require soooooooo much proof of identity and since my damn name is spelt wrong on my ONLY proof of being a "legal" Australian citizen, i am unable of proving it, why did my name have to be so ethnic Sad, but the best advice is to read your rule book or whatever else you have in your country, i did and i know all the rules. But i still cant get my license :'(
Kaisonic
And also, don't get mad at me for going the speed limit in the left lane. I'm technically going as fast as anyone should be legally going, so don't get mad if I somehow get stuck in the left lane next to a semi in the right lane. You shouldn't be going faster anyway. (Yes I'm talking to you, random lady in the red SUV a few weeks ago that flipped me off for no reason)
Blaster
I think people should go about 5 miles over. Most cops don't really care. Most of them do it too. But i hate people out in like honda civics doing like 90. But what i really hate is people doing 50. (this is in a 65 mph zone by the way)
psycosquirrel
There should be a rule in here for cops/ security guards/ etc too:

Just because you enforce the rules, you should not be above them. Nothing pisses me off more than being cut off by a speeding cop (lights/sirens on) who immediately turns in front of me, only to go into the drive-through of a McDonalds...

(this has happened twice, once with Arby's and once at McDonalds) Rolling Eyes
David_Pardy
That's the exception rather than the rule.

IMO police and security should have legal ability TO SOME EXTENT to exceed the speed limit to attend a situation - provided they've passed a specific driving course.

Also, the governments demonise speeding much more than they should. By raising the speed limits, they would curb road rage caused by slow drivers, improve traffic flow and prove that they're not just using speeding as a revenue raising racket.

I spend about 18 hours driving every week - around 57,000kms a year. I am fed up with seeing soooo many incompetent, stupid, unobservant drivers. Sigh.
S3nd K3ys
Kaisonic wrote:
And also, don't get mad at me for going the speed limit in the left lane. I'm technically going as fast as anyone should be legally going, so don't get mad if I somehow get stuck in the left lane next to a semi in the right lane. You shouldn't be going faster anyway. (Yes I'm talking to you, random lady in the red SUV a few weeks ago that flipped me off for no reason)

I won't get mad, I'll get even. When you get slowed down to 50 mph and forced to change lanes by the pissed off guy that just got in front of you for holding up traffic, think of me. Wink

If you're going the speed limit in the left lane and the traffic around you is going faster, YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MOVE OVER. Ever notice those white signs with big, black letters saying

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

?????

I love it when ignorants like you get tickets for impeading the flow of traffic. Laughing Laughing Laughing
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Kaisonic wrote:

I won't get mad, I'll get even. When you get slowed down to 50 mph and forced to change lanes by the pissed off guy that just got in front of you for holding up traffic, think of me. Wink

If you're going the speed limit in the left lane and the traffic around you is going faster, YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MOVE OVER. Ever notice those white signs with big, black letters saying

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

?????

I love it when ignorants like you get tickets for impeading the flow of traffic. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Legally and technically, you shouldn't be going faster than the speed limit. So if you flipped a guy over for going the speed limit, just because you drive the "socially acceptable" norm of going a few mph above the limit, you're the blame. It's not the law's problem that the "society" finds it "acceptable" that you go a few mph faster than the law thinks acceptable.

However, admittedly, some speed maniacs like going reeeeally fast. So it's probably just a lot less annoying for you to just get out of their way and wish them Godspeed for the rest of their (what could be very short) lives.

However, I like going a little bit faster than the rest of the traffic on my scooter anyway, so I really shouldn't be preaching about on-the-limit-or-below-it driving. The city speed limit is 50 kph, but I'm generally either 50 or 60 kph, or maybe even 70-80 when I'm in a big hurry or early morning when I'm scurrying to get to the bus-stop while most other people are in the bathrooms doing what they do at that time of the morning. It's generally easier to keep a higher average speed on a scooter rather than in a car on the crowded streets of India.
DeFwh
i agree with almost every statement listed. I shall now carry a deagle and a multi wrench
SNES350
About turn signals:

By law, you are required to activate your turn signal based on speed X miles before the turn:

<35 mph, at least 100 feet
>35 mph, at least 300 feet

So coming to a grinding halt, then turning on your turn signal and turning is not only stupid, but its also illegal.
snowboardalliance
S3nd K3ys wrote:
If you're going the speed limit in the left lane and the traffic around you is going faster, YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MOVE OVER.

Not true, it's just a guideline. At least in Michigan. I'm not saying I'm the person to drive slow in the left lane, just it's not a law.
S3nd K3ys
snowboardalliance wrote:

Not true, it's just a guideline. At least in Michigan. I'm not saying I'm the person to drive slow in the left lane, just it's not a law.

Welcome to Komifornia, where driving the speed limit CAN get you a ticket, and drivers are not responsible for hitting pedistrians on the street unless they're in a crosswalk. Wink

(See? Komifornia can be a nice place... Shocked )
r1bb17
S3nd K3ys wrote:
1 - Signal first, then apply the brakes. Don't come to a complete stop, then put on your turn signal at the very last second.

2 - The gore is not meant to be driven across. Wait until the dashed white line appears before merging.

3 - If i'm turning left across traffic, and you're coming the opposite way and turning right, and have a YIELD sign, you need to yield and GTFO of my way.

4 - During rush hour traffic don't drive so slow that a 100+ car gap forms between you and vehicle in front of you. This fawks up traffic.

5 - If you are a dirty hippy, in a Prius trying to maximize gas mileage, GTFO of the left lane. You're fawking up traffic.

7 - A Solid white line means traffic is flowing in the same direction, do not pass.

8 - If traffic comes to a halt in your far right lane because it's backed up for an exit, and you're in the center lane, there is no reason to slam on the brakes. Just haul *** by.

9 - If you miss your left hand turn, just go up the the next light and do a U-turn. Don't sit there blocking 2 lanes of traffic because you can't follow simple directions.

10 - If you run out of gas during rush hour, you should be allowed to be shot in the face, and you car looted for parts.

That is all for now.

lol, i hate when im caught behind like 3 cars all going 50 lined up so you can't pass.
people need to watch how they drive more T.T
UnikeViruz
Yep, I'm the one you would normally see swirving through traffic at an extremely deadly rate of speed. Then you see somone pull in front of me and I smash into there car because they could'nt judge how far away and how fast I was coming Laughing But it's all gravy, I drive like a 95" 4 door sunfire lol So It doesnt hardley even move..