FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Metal, Metal and Punk Rock, anyone like?

lpbrasil
Hi guys anyone like Metal tip DragonForce and Metallica , or New Metal, tip Slipknot and Linkin Park or Punk Rock tip Blink 182 and New Found Glory? Anyone like this bands?
MULITRI
I like Dragonforce, the chinesse guitarist they have plays incredible.

i don't like the rest sorry, they're not in my taste line
Caxius
i like linkin park and blink, but i prefer others bands as, 30 seconds to mars, lostprophets or rise against!
Wink
Zibé
I prefer metal from the north of europe...
Sweden and norwedge especially.
I think they are the best in this style
( and France has many good bands like Hacride,
Benighted, Anorexia Nervosa... )

But I don't like Slipknot or linkin park,
In my opinion, they played a bad new metal.
But the last limp bizkit is quite good...
althalus
I agree, Scandinavia produce a great lot of brilliant metal. In Flames, Opeth, Immortal, Stratovarius.. The list is long Very Happy

Speaking of new (nu) metal though, Korn is 'the man'. Cool
Zibé
althalus wrote:
I agree, Scandinavia produce a great lot of brilliant metal. In Flames, Opeth, Immortal, Stratovarius.. The list is long Very Happy

Speaking of new (nu) metal though, Korn is 'the man'. Cool

When I think scandinavia, me, I think :
Dimmu Borgir, Meshuggah, Hypocrisy, Soilwork, the forsaken
and Nasum ( RIP )... I think they are the best north bands
goddessofdeath666
I'm more of a metal girl myself. Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Cradle of Filth

Although i ADORE Emo/Screamo/anything else in that category. Stuff like Alexisonfire, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, The Used, My Chemical Romance, FalloutBoy...etc
MoFo^
well i like(just alitle bit) linkin park
but i was a big fan of slipknot
b.t.w- i dont think that thier style is metal
its somthing like hard core Rolling Eyes
now i prefer bands like children of bodom vader destraction pantera etc...
Inspector_Gadget
Ehh I like Mindless Self Indulgence
tidruG
I think that The Offspring still rule the roost for me. They're the best Punk band in the world according to me... Green Day is equally good. Now I know that both of these badns have a lot of traditional rock/metal elements in their sound, but I still like that sound a lot... maybe because I'm more of a Hard Rock/New Metal fan... but Slipknot and Mudvayne don't really fascinate me as much as err.... bands like Nickelback, Staind, Pearl Jam (they're no longer "hard rock", i know), and blah blah...
Grimboy
Darghh... You damn kids with your "new punk". (Although Green Day and Offspring aren't as bad as their sometimes made out to be.) What about the oldies sutch as The Ramones, The Misfits, The Sex Pistols and the almost completely forgotten hardcore era with The Dead Kennedys and The Subhumans? Honestly you'd be doing yourself a favour if you listened to some of them.
Zibé
I have never said that I'm a punk, I prefer metal and
Hardcore... I know classics Hardcore bands like
Madball, Sick of it all, Biohazard, 25 ta life...
An classic metal bands : Metallica ( old albums ),
Death angel, suffocation, Loudblast ( old french death metal
band... )... And i consider myself as a kid...

Wink
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
I don't like neo-metal with bands like incubus...linkin park,
Bands of REAL metal are the best, like pantera, coal chamber, devildriver.... :p
tidruG
I still think Neo-metal sounds a lot cooler, but it's just my personal taste... an as for the older Punk bands, I'd love to listen to them, if someone could just gimme a couple of their CDs... I'm not going to go out and spend 500 bucks on CDs that I may not like.
engel
i have all korn cds, i used to be a ''not too big'' fan of them, also i have a lot of slipknot stuff

Inspector_Gadget wrote:
Ehh I like Mindless Self Indulgence

Very Happy i am glad to see another MSI fan here !

:p
ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

Whatever happened to The Sex Pistols, Black Flag, GBH, Butthole Surfers - real punk. The stuff people call punk these days is little more than hard pop. What would you do if face-to-face with Henry Rollins? Just my opinion but I think punk died along with disco.
pey
I listen to LP and SlipKnot. Wink
xoAznSweetie
lpbrasil wrote:
Hi guys anyone like Metal tip DragonForce and Metallica , or New Metal, tip Slipknot and Linkin Park or Punk Rock tip Blink 182 and New Found Glory? Anyone like this bands?

Someone I can related to Very Happy

My Boyfriend love Metallica like SO MUCH. He can play drums of their songs lol <3 <3
Grimboy
ChunkyBustout wrote:
Hello all,

Whatever happened to The Sex Pistols, Black Flag, GBH, Butthole Surfers - real punk. The stuff people call punk these days is little more than hard pop. What would you do if face-to-face with Henry Rollins? Just my opinion but I think punk died along with disco.

Exactly, there is some okay modern stuff. Crass, Bad Religion, Propagandhi and Subhumans come to mind. Mostly it evolved into hardcore and hardcore evolved into grunge and grunge got merged into indie.
shadowofadead
Metallica and DragonForce is two great bands but i like Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Mayhem, In Flames and that kind of stuff more.
Yantaal
Grimboy wrote:
Darghh... You damn kids with your "new punk". (Although Green Day and Offspring aren't as bad as their sometimes made out to be.) What about the oldies sutch as The Ramones, The Misfits, The Sex Pistols and the almost completely forgotten hardcore era with The Dead Kennedys and The Subhumans? Honestly you'd be doing yourself a favour if you listened to some of them.

ah yes sir but you are missin out on the Punk Oi, band slike Argy Bargy, ****** Sparrer, Concrete Gods, The Business and Conflict. this is what punks about for me. but you cant forget some modern punk bands, like The Filaments or Rancid, there is still alot of good punk around, not this pansy greenday, simple plan bollox (although i do rather like greendays old stuff)
Shewolf
Zibé wrote:
I prefer metal from the north of europe...
Sweden and norwedge especially.
I think they are the best in this style
( ... )
But I don't like Slipknot or linkin park,
In my opinion, they played a bad new metal.
But the last limp bizkit is quite good...

Indeed, but I am also a bit weak for the Finnish metal scene (NOT HIM!!!), they too have a lot of nice music.