FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can anybody help to solve my printer problem??

k_s_baskar
Hi everybody,
few days back i purchased a new hp 1025 laser printer and intalled it and it's working fine. But while i try to take printout from pagemaker i faced some margin problems. while i try to print in legal portraint the margin is not fitted corretly. Even i tried in hp site and came to know somebody is facing the same problem with hp 1025 and pagemaker. Can anybody here having solution to solve this problem.?? if so please help

thanks in advance

Smile
photon
have you selected the correct paper size in the printer settings? the alignment changes according to the size of the paper. so make sure you have the correct paper setting..
k_s_baskar
yes. I seleted legal paper size in page settings using file-> document setup. Even i seleted printer as 1025 in document settings.

And while printing i seleted legal for page output. But still i am facing the same problem.

Sad
Nyizsa
I don't know the printer, but some HPs have a switch in the tray which lets the printer know if it is filled with legal or A4. Check that one!
k_s_baskar
No. This model didn't have any control switch. It's totally controlled by software only
Sad
altec
k_s_baskar wrote:
Hi everybody,
few days back i purchased a new hp 1025 laser printer and intalled it and it's working fine. But while i try to take printout from pagemaker i faced some margin problems. while i try to print in legal portraint the margin is not fitted corretly. Even i tried in hp site and came to know somebody is facing the same problem with hp 1025 and pagemaker. Can anybody here having solution to solve this problem.?? if so please help

thanks in advance

Smile

Standard Legal size is 8.5" x 14". Some Legal size paper in some countries is 8.5" x 13". Try to go to manual settings and change the size. Experiment which size fits.

Hope this helps.
k_s_baskar
Quote:

Standard Legal size is 8.5" x 14". Some Legal size paper in some countries is 8.5" x 13". Try to go to manual settings and change the size. Experiment which size fits.

Hope this helps.

I can able to print properly in ms-office,corel draw11 and other windows based softwares without any problem except pagemaker.
i think it is possible to solve my problem by selecting custom page. But it's not possible to set the page to custom size each n every time i am beginning a new document in legal size.
Sad
airek
Might want to check on the actual printer in the paper bay, there are opffsetting pins that let you change where the margins are physically set for the printer, might wanna try that.