FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music: a new dimension!!!

sumangurung
hi guys,
It is cool to have a forum to discuss music. Isn't music one of the most wonderful things in the world?? I hope everyone agrees. I am so much passionate about music. I feel it gives a new dimension to life and you can relate so easily to other people through music.

And playing music is one another thing. I play a bit of guitar myself and i have always dreamt of making it big with a band of my own but i guess i have to drop that idea. However, i do enjoy jamming with my frens once in a while.

Are there any hardcore music fans out here??
jsrahe
yeah, i'm a music freak, i think.... i have tons of songs and albums and there are many diffrent styles i often listen. for example i like reggae, dub, acid, house, techno, alternative, jazz, rap, club... i also play guitar from time to time...
karysky
I'm a recent music fan.

That is to say, I've always been a reading fan, a movie fan, and I've discovered music only recently.

I was a superficial music listener: I listened to pop music at the radio, before knowing any bands (Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias... you get the idea). And then I discovered Rammstein.

Ever since then, I listen to those bands that don't play on radio. Those bands who make deep, moving music different from popular music.

Ever since, I feel as if music was a drug. When I listen to a band I truly like, I get transported elsewhere, and sometimes, I just put in the cd, and 5 songs later I come out of a stupor, not knowing what I was thinking about during the last 30 minutes of so. But knowing I'm feeling well.

And when I don't get to listen to music for a couple of days, I NEED to get my mp3 player, or else I'm in a bad mood.

Music is my drug.
paranoid
here i am...i was wondering...why some people hate some kind of music? like metal or rap, or anything else... i love rock and metal music..and some of my friends hate that...uhh...

@ sumangurung: i'm big music fan... Smile i even listening music when i am at the bathroom Very Happy
karysky
paranoid wrote:
here i am...i was wondering...why some people hate some kind of music? like metal or rap, or anything else... i love rock and metal music..and some of my friends hate that...uhh...

@ sumangurung: i'm big music fan... Smile i even listening music when i am at the bathroom Very Happy

That's good question.

It can be viewed similarly to: Why people don't like mushrooms or bananas?

I guess it's just has to do with taste. Personnally, I don't really like rap and heavy metal.

I think it's fine that way, as long as people don't start hating people who listen to different kinds of music, because that would be close-mindness. As long as everyone respects others' taste in music, it's fine!

Afterall, we all share a passion for music, whatever kind it is.
Zibé
sumangurung wrote:
Are there any hardcore music fans out here??

yep ! if you're talking about the punk-Hardcore scene... I will say that
I'm quite fan of this style Mr. Green
I prefer grindcore, or death-metal... but sometimes, i like to listen
to Biohazard or sick of it all... the masters of the NYHC Smile
todabeat
karysky wrote:
paranoid wrote:

That's good question.

It can be viewed similarly to: Why people don't like mushrooms or bananas?

I guess it's just has to do with taste. Personnally, I don't really like rap and heavy metal.

I think it's fine that way, as long as people don't start hating people who listen to different kinds of music, because that would be close-mindness. As long as everyone respects others' taste in music, it's fine!

Afterall, we all share a passion for music, whatever kind it is.

I really love music, my type is hip-hop, i am not too much into what you see on mtv or bet, i do like some but not all, since i love words/poetry, i am more into a good lyricist, but i do like other type, rock, metal, i use to love disturbed, korn, Linkin' Park, Deftones, some Grunge, Mariline Mason, Nirvana Pearl Jam and some other badns, i like some Marron 5, James blunt, I even like Natasha Betinfield.

When it comes to your question on why people hate other types of music, i do ask myself that question, but i think that is more like a human trait to protect what you believe and like, for example music. But some people really get stupid, especially when it come to Hip-Hop/Rap, they do love to hate it, when they haven't heard some real good stuff.

I mean music evolves and changes not just rap, i mean listen to the new rock music, it isn't no Elvis Presley, or anything, there isn't nothing that really sounds like Rolling Stones, or Aerosmith, so if "haters" are reading this, don't hate, you are just hurting youtself, it doesn't hurt me, i'll still listen to what i want.
karysky
todabeat wrote:

I really love music, my type is hip-hop, i am not too much into what you see on mtv or bet, i do like some but not all, since i love words/poetry, i am more into a good lyricist, but i do like other type, rock, metal, i use to love disturbed, korn, Linkin' Park, Deftones, some Grunge, Mariline Mason, Nirvana Pearl Jam and some other badns, i like some Marron 5, James blunt, I even like Natasha Betinfield.

When it comes to your question on why people hate other types of music, i do ask myself that question, but i think that is more like a human trait to protect what you believe and like, for example music. But some people really get stupid, especially when it come to Hip-Hop/Rap, they do love to hate it, when they haven't heard some real good stuff.

I mean music evolves and changes not just rap, i mean listen to the new rock music, it isn't no Elvis Presley, or anything, there isn't nothing that really sounds like Rolling Stones, or Aerosmith, so if "haters" are reading this, don't hate, you are just hurting youtself, it doesn't hurt me, i'll still listen to what i want.

You're right.

We cannot hate some king of music by judging popular songs on the radio. You have to listen to really good songs of that kind, songs that may not be as popular, but better, before deciding whether you like this kind or not. And you have to try different singers too, different styles.
todabeat
^^ You're my new favorite person on the Music forum, everyone just rants about hatin' hip-hop when all they know is 50 Cent and Eminem or whatever. There is a lot of unlisten hiphop that would make people cry. Just like any other type of music,
Scott
I'm also pretty tired of hearing people saying hip-hop and rap sucks. Honestly, I'm not a fan of that genre, but I can still appreciate it, and there is some really interesting hip-hop music out there that isn't well known. Keep an open mind everyone!

Music has added so much to my life, in the past year music has changed my perspective on everything. It's helped me find some real beauty in sad events. I've been grateful and happy for everyday I'm alive, and music has helped me get here.
IAMED_2
I love music a lot, but I don't like a huge variety, so it's taking me a while to get a bigger collection, but I'm trying. Music is what keeps me sane, I've found with experience that if I go for a while without it, I get quite stressed. Very much like a drug! (although I can't compare from experience)

As for hating hip-hop or rap, it still often comes down to a matter of personal taste. I personally can't stand the genres, no matter how "good" it is. That's a matter of personal taste. Of course, there's a lot of stuff I can't stand.
Dean_The_Great
I love all types of music, I play several instruments and I love it all. The only thing I don't like is the hardcore rap, which just samples other artists drum-lines and bass-riffs and tries to make a hit out of it. Then the lyrics are added and it's the same thing over and over again.

I can stand (and for the most part, love) all other types, but not that.
Subsonic Sound
There's very little I do anymore that doesn't involve music. I write, record and produce, play bass, guitar and keyboards, listen to music constantly, and am about to go into the third year of a BSc Sound Technology degree.