FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The MIRT

bassgs_17
The media in my area has finally stumbled upon a commercial version of the MIRT (Mobile InfraRed Transmitter) that can be used to change certain traffic lights from a distance by blasting the IR receiver that ambulances use to turn the light green in an emergency. This device is reasonably easy to construct; it’s basically a high power IR gun made with parts available at your local Radio Shack. So far it’s only illegal in a handful of states here in the US, but that could easily change. I’m planning on building one this summer; one can find complete instructions on www.i-hacked.com; one of my favorite electronics mod places. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter? I wouldn’t practically employ one of these; I plan on using it once and perhaps making a video to share on the net…

-Aquastrike
Scorpio
I guess this applies only in the US..

Here, the signals dont even work, so No worry about anything else Laughing
alkady
This reminds me of the Paper Camera that actually takes pictures, By the way, The link doesnt work, Either it's offline or you mispelled something.
myrevolt
there was an extra ; Rolling Eyes

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/176/44/ Razz kay. Interesting, but kinda discouraging with the fines.

Now if only there was some central server that could control all the lights...and the server be publically accessable on the internet. and it was hacked. Twisted Evil hahaha. I wish Wink
Donutey
unless they stop you I don't think they can catch you... Rolling Eyes

although, I think it's a bad idea if it comes into regular use (ie. these things are easily available for anyone to use) because eventually some ambulance, police, or firetruck will not be able to get through because of some ... ... guy who needs to get to work on time...
PatTheGreat42
Yeah, they work great, until the people up top realize that the same light keeps mysteriousely turning green at the exact moment that same car keeps coming up to the same interesection during his morning commute...