FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rules Display

Scorpio
I can see a number of new members who request hosting to ask the same question

"When will I get My Hosting"

What I suggest is that as soon as they complete their request, let them be displayed a screen stating that so and so much time will be taken for hosting.

And also state there that if they ask about this in the forums before the end of the specified period(say 2 weeks), then the granting of the hosting account will be delayed by another 2 weeks or something

Frankly speaking, there are these type of posts coming in every now and then.

Of course I can avoid them.

Then obviously a mod will show up, give the standard reply and lock the post.

When there is a possiblity of avoiding such unneccessary work, I would request Bondings to do something about it
Blaster
I know there is a mod out there that makes users read something like rules. (mathiaus) Maybe bondings can put this mod up on frihost. That could do it. And you could put a link in the rules that goes to this
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
I know there is a mod out there that makes users read something like rules. (mathiaus) Maybe bondings can put this mod up on frihost. That could do it. And you could put a link in the rules that goes to this

We won't force the users to read the rules Wink. They are to read it by themselves when they want to. Or we'll just redirect them there when they break it Very Happy.

Anyway, scorpio, great suggestion. I was just thinking of that same thing (but you posted first Wink).
NjRocket
you really don't need new users to read the rules because most of rules are the same as any other forum. The basics apply to this forum too and people should understand and obey those rules.
n0obie4life
NjRocket wrote:
you really don't need new users to read the rules because most of rules are the same as any other forum. The basics apply to this forum too and people should understand and obey those rules.

The problem is, they don't understand Wink
Blaster
Then make the rules simple and short. Laughing

I go with what scorpio has to say all the way. I would love to lock all of them topics i see like that. I would be up there with n0obie locking just the topics asking that.

It should be put into the FAQ's too.
Scorpio
NjRocket wrote:

The rules may be the same.
But that is the reason, I argue.

Since they are the same, they avoid the rules here as they do in any other forum and cause problems here.

Nobody reads it or bothers to understand it.

They dont read the stickies,

if they violate any rule un intentionally then we can tell them that it is wrong

But the main rules are violated blatantly though the mods and Bondings have plastered the rules and instructions all over the forum