FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Game Fortress-- (working on the layout, need feedback)

Game Fortress
http://gamefortress.frih.net/home.html

I just worked out the basic layout, and I need a few people to test it for me.. To make sure it is browser freindly, of course.

Most of the content hasnt been uploaded yet, but I didnt want to dive into in untill I know everything is in line.

I love any and all feedback you have to offer.
viperbattlefield
yeah its pretty cool, i'd like to be an affiliate. PM me please for details
warallthetm
ya, the afiliate thing is kool, i would swap 88*33 banners wit u
Ankyro
I'm using Safari on a mac, and it works fine. Nice site man, easy to navigate, quick to load... Looks a little bit much like the gamespy site, but I should think that that was intentional. Mor ethan the layout though, what is far, far more important is content. What is on that site that 1000 other, better established sites dont have? Eh? Anyway, just something to think about. Overall, nice site.
Game Fortress
The content? my games. It will also include my flash cartoon/comic seires, but the big thing will be my games. So far I have "The Curse of Kaumaha", "Squirm" "Dropout" and "Blackwater" that will be available with in the week. As for gamespy, I have never seen the website... I will have to check it out now.
salman_500
thought the design of your site is not bad.... still if you urself is not satisfied try downloading a theme from my site:
SoloThemes

i made em myself....
Game Fortress
I like my template and I dont really need help, but I appreciate the offer. You have some nice work on your site.
salman_500
Game Fortress wrote:
I like my template and I dont really need help, but I appreciate the offer. You have some nice work on your site.

thnx.....

i like your site too.... and i liek ur work too.... i even downloaded "pokemon twilight" and i have to admit ...its AWSM..

great work........

cat wait tll the next update Very Happy
LostOverThere
Good, though its to small in Width (I use FireFox)
Game Fortress
What resolution to most web browsers use? Thats the biggest issue right now that I have seen.
riv
Game Fortress wrote:
What resolution to most web browsers use? Thats the biggest issue right now that I have seen.

I would say the most popular resolution is 1024x768. And by the way, neat site.
Game Fortress
Quote:
I would say the most popular resolution is 1024x768. And by the way, neat site.

Thanks, I will set my moniter to that res and resize the banner and topbar.
Donutey
are you using a limited color palette? because it sort of looks like it's on 256 colors...
Game Fortress
I cant remember what the palette was, but when I resize the top and side bars I will be sure to check.. I can see what you are saying though. The colors have been simplified from how they looked in the original flash image.
ocalhoun
Would you think it a good Idea to provide a link back from the forum to the main site? It's not easy, but it should be done.
undoweb
Damn?!? Green + Yellow + Red (sucks no ofence)!.
The buttons are too largee!
Game Fortress
Quote:
Damn?!? Green + Yellow + Red (sucks no ofence)!.
The buttons are too largee!

The only thing that made sense to me was the comment about the buttons.. I am in the process of resizing the graphics, so that wont be an issue.
Balkanboy
I would suggest you to remove .com from header since that is not your domain and can be confusing.
Or just buy .com and make it work.
ltbennett
its cool i will look again when its finished
Dustin
The layout looks nice, however if you were going to improve something i'd highly reccamend that you delete some of the space between the side buttons. Its like 50 pixels between buttons. Try to reduce it to 25 pixels, or less and that way the site will look alot more professional
Game Fortress
I was already planning to reduce the buttons (I already did, i just need to update) so I guess I am on the right track. I also already own the domain name www.thegamefortress.com but I was having redirecting problems when I originally posted this thread.

*** I have officially updated the website. It should be more browser freindly now***