FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children English Dub

Did you think the Dubbing went well with Advent Children?
Great Loved It
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
It was ok
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Could Have done it myself
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Wow umm talk about production costs
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
This is the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Cthulhuman
Ummm.... Wow advent children is really interesting in english, Cid is a redneck and Red XIII is British and mounted on top of him is Cait Sith is a high pitched scottish (or something like that) person. Some of the Dubs don't match it very well but that's to be expected. Feel free to add any additional comments or how you felt about the movie.
angelussum
Lol, I watched it in Japanese with English Subtitles, so can't really comment on the dub. But I usually find that they are way out there.

The movie was amazing. Graphics were great, so I was happy enough Very Happy
DriftingJoint
lol, i could have done better myself...to be perfectly honest it blew.

i watched it long ago in japanese audio and english sub, and thought yes very well done with the voices they suit the characters.

i watched it the other day english dub, and i must say it hurt me to carry on haha. but still a great film.
platinumvermine
im just a bigg FF fan so I loved this movie, much better than there first attempt at a FF movie
Scaramanga
Just an interesting side note: they are trying to keep the FF actors the same between different media, as the majority of the dub actors in AC are also the same ones who are doing Kingdom Hearts II (but I think a few are different from the first KH.)
alkady
This is better than the Spirit Within, But I still find the concept of Commandoes in Spirit Within rocked just like the Turks in Advent Children.

Too bad you didnt get to see the SOLDIERS and an army of TURKS, Thats would have been awesome.
nbwbhst
Was so much better in japanese with subtitles. But thats just me, all my friends love the new version. I personally dont mind reading
leftofcenter
I loved it. It bothered me a bit that the voices and mouths didn't match up all the time, but I think all the voice actors were pretty spot on. I beat KH2 a week before I saw AC, so hearing all the same voice actors was fun. ^_^

And THANK GOD Mena Suvari did a better job as Aeris in the movie than she did in KH2. Her voice in KH2 made me want to puke. My roomates and I decided she sounded like a 12 year old that never acted just happened to wander in the studio and they decided to use her. She sounded a LOT better in AC. *phew*
DriftingJoint
alkady wrote:
This is better than the Spirit Within, But I still find the concept of Commandoes in Spirit Within rocked just like the Turks in Advent Children.

Too bad you didnt get to see the SOLDIERS and an army of TURKS, Thats would have been awesome.

lol i hated that film so much, spirit within.It was nothing like a final fantasy, i actually thought that whoever made it had never played on any FF games. It was the biggest pile of crap i ever watched, and didnt feel anything like an FF story line and i thought after watching it, that it wasnt actually about FF at all.
Cityboi813
man i still havent seen it
Ljsk
Sephiroths voice was surprisingly good, but the japanese voices were still much better. Especialy rufus'.
ddukki
Anyone know how much this movie is on DVD? I heard it was around $20 or so but that seems really cheap to me. Especially with the demand for it. Or at least my demand for it Laughing .
ryanh2006
A couple of months ago my friend bought home the Japanese version and we watched it together. It was great in Jap but the subtitles kept me really busy! First of all the graphics are mind blowing! I mean, if a FF game looked like this (PS3 maybe??!!) then I would pay 100 bucks for it!! The action was great and so was the cast. However there were some things that I did not like about it. There was only 1 summon!! I was like nooooooooo! It seemed to end really quickly so I felt that it could have used an extra 30 mins in order to polish it up. Finally, I wish that there were more fights! But then again the Vincent scene was awesome! FF7 is a legend and I still love to play until this day on the PC. I really hope that a FF7 sequel will see the light of day on a PS3 (eventhough I am a Xbox 360 fanboy [thats not derogatory!!] Very Happy
Frag
platinumvermine wrote:
im just a bigg FF fan so I loved this movie, much better than there first attempt at a FF movie

Spirits within was a good film, it was more a test of what they could do with the graphics in a CGI film, an was a good one. But advent childeren does just sit on it really, great film, have not seen the english dubbed version just yet but getting it, loved the english subbed version though.