FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP with Frihost [need help]

djsamsung
Does anyone here could give me a lil' help? I don't know a lot about PHP, i used PHPNUKE/PHPBB2/MAMBO before....

I'm new to Frihost, my late webhoster's CPANEL included automated easy install for all the PHP stuffs. Frihost's Config doesn't have it!

So, for enquiry, am i doing the right thing?
Code:
(1) Download either PHPNUKE or PHPBB2.
(2) Upload the folders "/PHPNUKE" or "/PHPBB2" to "mysite.frih.net/public_html/"
(3) Then install it through the folders

plz do reply....and sorry for my english if you can't understand
Bondings
Yes, that's exactly how it should be. You also will need to make a database for it.

Here is a phpBB installation tutorial: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-19192.html .
djsamsung
okay! Shocked

THNX A LOT dude! Very Happy
modak
djsamsung wrote:
Does anyone here could give me a lil' help? I don't know a lot about PHP, i used PHPNUKE/PHPBB2/MAMBO before....

I'm new to Frihost, my late webhoster's CPANEL included automated easy install for all the PHP stuffs. Frihost's Config doesn't have it!

I don't know whether you are on server one or two. I don't know about server two, but server one has cPanel, and the Fantastico module of cPanel has phpBB2/mambo/joomla and most of the PHP software you mentioned. If you have cPanel, try the Fantastico module at the bottom of the main cPanel page.
djsamsung
thanks for the info modak,

i noticed Fantastico b4, seen the screenshot.....looks lil' like cPanel. Wat you said is true...

BUT....i don't know where to get it?
mathiaus
You have Direct Admin which doesnt support Fantastico. If you want to install something like phpbb then you need to do a manual install by downloading and uploading the required files.
djsamsung
hehe...can't stop thanking ppl Confused ...THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

manual install is gud enuf for me, there's no fuss.

::MAY THIS TOPIC BE FUTURE HELP TO OTHER PPL::