FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microsoft qualification?

DimaSafr
Does anyone know anyting about Microsoft Qualification. I'v just heard that they can issue their own certificates. And they sort of recognised around the world.

And if it is any use than how do you obtaine it???

Any thoughts. Mush apreciate!
n0obie4life
I think someone has to give you a ticket of some kind..then you go to their test centers for a test.

I asked mOrpheuS to reply to this topic, he's great at Microsoft related stuff.
paul_indo
Be careful. It is quite expensive and some people I know working in the IT, computer industry have told me it is a waste of time and money these days as it will not necesarilly get you a job.

Speak to people in the country you want to work in and who work in IT industry themselves. They will know if it is woth the money for you.
tomahawk19
paul_indo wrote:
Be careful. It is quite expensive and some people I know working in the IT, computer industry have told me it is a waste of time and money these days as it will not necesarilly get you a job.

Speak to people in the country you want to work in and who work in IT industry themselves. They will know if it is woth the money for you.

Strange, I was speaking with several different IT directors who want me to get my Microsoft Certs before they hire me...And they have talked to others who all require or look more at people who have their Microsoft certs...I guess it's also cus I was speaking to people around the Seattle, WA area...Redmond, WA being home of Microsoft, it's understandable.
dark_lard
In the U.S. if you have your MCSE you have a job. But it's not easy or cheap to get. Some employers will pay for your to take the test like IT firms and such. If you don't want to go with Microsoft stuff then just get basics like A+ and such then move up from there.
WebSiteGuru
First Step is to get the following done before you even think of trying at MCSE.

A+ Cetification
Network + Certification
MCP and MCA

I think there are some other ones that I forgot already.

After you get that done then you probably have to think which way you want to go.

CCNA or MCSE?

CCNA have only about 1 Test that you have to worry about, but MCSE have at least 7 tests (as I remember), and you have to pass all to get MCSE Certified. Then you will be looking at
mblackler
Problem I'm having is, is that often the exams recommend that you have industry experience before entering into the exams - however often you need these type of qualifications to stand out, in order to get your foothold in the industry in the first place!

Are they worth the time and money? I have done 2 MSc's (Or at least very nearly finished them...) but am finding increasingly they are not worth a huge amount.....

FRUSTRATING!
superbyte
You don't really need A+ and/or Network+ if yoy want to get MCSA or MCSE (I did MCSA without that).

When you take the first Microsoft Exam (and you pass) you are MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) no matter what exam you take.

Microsoft certifications as any other certifications don't provide you experience in the real world, but they help employers choose YOU instead of others who may have experience but don't have a valid way to prove it.
MrMaddog
I've been considering taking some MSCE courses (a must for the jobs I want), but can't take the New Horizons courses offered without some a loan.

Would it just be better if I just buy some books and study in my spare time? I'm just trying to get some information on how to go about getting certification.
tamilchild
MCDST is Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician on Windows XP

MCP is Microsoft Certified Professional

MCSE is Microsoft Ceritified System Engineer

MCSA is Microsoft Ceritfied System Administrator

This courses are benefit to information technology (IT) industry and Information Technology people. Embarassed
deb_xp
You can get Microsoft Certification easily........first register with their website (if U can't find any links then search for academia) and then its done. All the related information can be found easily in the website itself...so read carefully. They will asign U a project n on succesful completion you will be certified. They hav many levels so choose the one which is suitable for you. The only thing is that U should be familiar with the microsoft products...........n that's not easy(in my case)