FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would u have done with the nuclear situation?

What would you have done with the nuclear situation?
All power, medical and military uses remain legal.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nuclear power illgeal, Mining it ok, Medical purposes still ok.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
All purposes illegal. Leave the stuff in the ground.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Synaesthetik
As society progresses and fossil fuels run (petrol prices go up) the world is going to have to turn to another energy source. Around the globe there are heaps of applications for Nuclear power. Some of them good and some of them not. Due to nuclear power being comparably cheap, many countrys push for it to supply growing populations. Currently the largest nuclear reactor ever built is under construction and althought the world community is assured of their (Nuclear power plants) safety, havent we learnt from nuclear disasters (Chernobyl)? Then there is the threat of a terrorist getting their hands on some form of nuclear material. But its not all bad news radioactive substances are used for some good, medical advantages.
Radioavtive substances are a double bladed sword.
I would just like to know what other people think about it, i know i have been very brief. Also a poll to see if people think the good isnt worth the risk of the bad.
*I know some of the options arent realistic...
Synaesthetik
I suppose the last few days have shown that people dont really think about it... *shrugs* thinking doesnt change anything.
speedlikecy
i thinks
All purposes illegal. Leave the stuff in the ground
alkady
When that happens, It would be the end of the world as we know, So let's party. Go on a looting spree and live life like their is no tomorrow.
Vrythramax
I can't really see any need for it except for [potential] medical uses. There are many other forms of generating electricity without radiating entire areas and creating potential hazards that far outwiegh any benefits of the power produced. What good is cheap electricity if you already glow in the dark??
Lied
Vrythramax wrote:
I can't really see any need for it except for [potential] medical uses. There are many other forms of generating electricity without radiating entire areas and creating potential hazards that far outwiegh any benefits of the power produced. What good is cheap electricity if you already glow in the dark??

They are way insuficient tho. Even if your country gets blown away from wind or burning like the hell from sun.There is not enough earth space to "ruin" for placing the alternate power sourses.
Soulfire
I don't think that the "benefits" of nuclear energy have outweighed the risks and dangers at all. Although, if we could figure out how to produce a nuclear fusion reaction on earth (similar to what happens in the core of the Sun), we would be set for electricity forever.
Srs2388
umm leave it alone it causes more harm than good
Synaesthetik
the majority so far want it left in the ground i spose the majority arent making profit from it being dug up either Rolling Eyes