FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Points Determination

Scorpio
Currently Frihost has a point reset to 45 each day.

My suggestion to keep members active would be this.

1. People who join have a limit of 5 posts now. So they might post just a few more and can enjoy free hosting for quite some time

e.g. if they get 20 points and get the hosting they can be without posting for around 35 days before their account gets removed after warnings.

Instead the points reset can be kept at 25 points or 20 points for new members.

As they make more posts and reach a limit, say a 100 posts or 75 posts, then their points reset limit be changed to 35 or something

When they hit 200 posts or 150 posts, then their points can be reset to 45.

Atleast then, they would be more active.

Because there are a number of inactive people who are having webhosting.

Consider this as it would increase actvity of the new members and also give Frihost more benefits and value for its webhosting.
Blaster
Sounds like it would be hard. I think what bondings has is good though. By the time they get there hosting they should already have 30 points i would think.
Scorpio
They will have 30 points by the time their web hosting account is sanctioned

But till they hit a 100 posts or something their points should be reset to 25 at the end of each day.

When they reach 150 or 200 posts their points can be reset to 45

This will ensure that they are active till they reach 200 posts at least
'
After that the good ones will get an interest in posting here and automatically continue being active
NjRocket
sounds very interesting but it would be really hard to pull this off. It would be hard to program the site to automically do this. Admins or mods might have to manually reset, and they wouldnt really like that
Scorpio
NjRocket wrote:
sounds very interesting but it would be really hard to pull this off. It would be hard to program the site to automically do this. Admins or mods might have to manually reset, and they wouldnt really like that

We have php experts here.

I dont think it will be very hard(hard of course)/

Certainly it will be impossible for me.

But bondings is good at this.

So i guess he can do it
NjRocket
scorpio wrote:
NjRocket wrote:

We have php experts here.

I dont think it will be very hard(hard of course)/

Certainly it will be impossible for me.

But bondings is good at this.

So i guess he can do it

If you say its possible for them to do without manually resetting peoples points, its a great idea. It will allow people to be more active.
n0obie4life
Sorry, but this will not be implemented.

-close-