FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to use various internet dependent apps through proxy

Sakonboard
The company I work for have set up a proxy that barely accepts anything else than IE and mailprog. Is there anyway I can fool the proxy into letting me run say a poker client? Very Happy
alienjones
I guess playing Online-Poker is exactly what your company is trying to avoid when setting up a proxy-machine Wink

To answer your question: I don't see any chance bacause the proxy will handle only requests for certain ports (e.g. 80-http, 110-pop, 25-smtp). If your application is connecting to a internet-host on these ports it may work. But proxies are also able to log all internet-traffic! The administrator will take notice when you gamble online even if it's just a Browsergame.
adhoc
If this poker-client lets you configure a proxy for it to use, you can simply setup something like your-freedom.net on your computer. It'll encrypt your traffic through https and make it look like you're constantly watching your bank's site or something. If you don't pay, it's restricted to dial up speed, but that should be enough for poker.
Bones
If you get caught doing this though...they are likely going to lock the systems down even tighter, making you the most 'popular' person at work. Just something to keep in mind Wink
Animal
You could try looking into TOR technology - its an open-source privacy project that may help. Have a Google at it and see what you can come up with, but you'd need to be able to configure the poker client to use it.