FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forwarding with masking VS settings nameservers

Xcelerate
With a domain, it says that you can set up forwarding with masking which basically allows anyone who has typed the domain in to be "secretly" redirected to another URL so that their address bar does not change. Of course, Frihost has it so that you can just simply set the domain to your all's nameservers and go directly there.

Both of these seem to have the same effect, so what would be the benefit of doing one over the other?

Thanks.
Animal
If you use the nameserver option, there are several advantages. Firstly, you can set up email addresses @yourdomain.com, but the most important advantage is that search engines pick up the domain rather than the "masked" address.
Xcelerate
Ah, clever. Very Happy
So how many email addresses would you be able to set up for it and could these just be forwarders instead of actually using up hosting space?
Animal
Technically the number of email addresses you can set up with your Frihost account are unlimited, and you can either create a mailbox or a redirect for individual accounts in Direct Admin.
Xcelerate
Wow. That's pretty neat, and it's even better than GoDaddy's deal. Thanks.
Animal
Yeah, that's the beauty that is Frihost! Very Happy

I reckon that's your question answered, so I'll -close- this thread. PM me or any other Mod if you want it re-opened.