FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need php help..

hsadmin
okay.. i recently downloaded phpbb, the full package, but when i followed the intructions, and logged on.. I didn't understand it.. So, when I download it, and go on http:www.summerextremefilms.frih.net:2222 , and get to the "home" spot of it, how and where do I download it.. Is it all one big file upload I make, or do I have to upload EACH thing individualy?
mOrpheuS
hsadmin wrote:
how and where do I download it.. Is it all one big file upload I make, or do I have to upload EACH thing individualy?

You may find it easy doing the whole thing by following n0obie's phpBB installation tutorial.

It's meant for beginners and contains a step-by-step walkthrough of typical phpBB installation process.
You may find it helpful for your purpose.
Scorpio
Indeed you will find it useful

The first time I read it i was able to install it though I was a complete newbie in this too.
Hobbit
I also made one, search through the tutorials forum. It's not as good as newbie's though.
hsadmin
i didn't understand it..
Scorpio
That is unfortunate I guess..

It was quite easy to do so.

Make a post if you need any help
n0obie4life
hsadmin wrote:
i didn't understand it..

You aren't trying hard to understand it.

I lowered myself to the lowest standard of idiot-city to create that tutorial. It's almost idiot-proof.

Okay okay, I'm joking.

Anyway, what problems do you have trying to understand that tutorial?
hsadmin
Well... I guess I should ask, is there any way to upload all the files for phpbb2 at once, or do I have to upload them one by one, or, could I put them in a Zip file and upload them all?

Would I be able to redirect a forum from www.phpbbweb.com , and make the link www.extremesummerfilms.frih.net/forum ?
Scorpio
Unzip the file in your computer.

Upload the folder(called phpbb2) into your public_html directory.

Then follow the instructions

Of course you can redirect the site

First create a folder called forum in your public_html directory(an empty folder called forum must be created)

In your directadmin control panel, just click on the feature named site redirection.

In the first text box (local url path) enter "/forum" without the quotes.

In the next box enter the url of the forum which you are having at phpbbweb.com

Click the save button. You are done
Hobbit
hsadmin wrote:
Well... I guess I should ask, is there any way to upload all the files for phpbb2 at once, or do I have to upload them one by one, or, could I put them in a Zip file and upload them all?

Would I be able to redirect a forum from www.phpbbweb.com , and make the link www.extremesummerfilms.frih.net/forum ?

It seems you don't know about ftp, download an ftp client such as ftp surfer and you can simply drag the whole folder and install it.
Scorpio
Or just give me 10 Frih$

I will finish the installation for you Confused
hsadmin
scorpio wrote:
Unzip the file in your computer.

Upload the folder(called phpbb2) into your public_html directory.

Then follow the instructions

Of course you can redirect the site

First create a folder called forum in your public_html directory(an empty folder called forum must be created)

In your directadmin control panel, just click on the feature named site redirection.

In the first text box (local url path) enter "/forum" without the quotes.

In the next box enter the url of the forum which you are having at phpbbweb.com

Click the save button. You are done

Scorpio.. YOUR AWESOME! It worked!