FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help?

Wicked-One
Hi I am having help with my Internet sometimes and it goes off and on a whole lot and its really agrivating and when I call the Cable People they say it looks just fine and its the PC that is messing up!!! AnyOne know what I can do to fix this wierd problem Question
Bondings
Wicked-One wrote:
Hi I am having help with my Internet sometimes and it goes off and on a whole lot and its really agrivating and when I call the Cable People they say it looks just fine and its the PC that is messing up!!! AnyOne know what I can do to fix this wierd problem Question

Of course it may be your computer, but ... I rather think it's your provider. I'm not really pleased with my own provider and it goes off just like with you. However, I have dsl and with cable is supposed to be much more stable.
Maka
Not really sure I use adsl, I would ask for your attenuation figures but your uisng cable not adsl, check all leads and virus's spyware etc, call the company and get someone out to look at it.
MonkeyWrench
wooooo, go maka, i like ur battlefield 2 banner, what an awesome game, now all i need is a ranked server Shocked
WickedGravity
MonkeyWrench wrote:
wooooo, go maka, i like ur battlefield 2 banner, what an awesome game, now all i need is a ranked server Shocked

Dare I ask what that has to do with the topic at hand?

I no I am not a mod and should keep my mouth shut, but that is the most blatant spam attempt I have see in a while.
nikolic
Needed Operating System:

Internet Service Provider:

Within/Outside Local Network:

Router:

Firewall:

Browser:

Error Message(s):

Antivirus:

Other Software Using Network (i.e. AIM, Bittorrent):

These are things that are needed for troubleshooting network issues.
myrevolt
I personally have to unplug and replug the power to my linksys router and cable modem (roadrunner) I do it about once a day, its annoying but I just live with it; its better than dialup thats for sure.