FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

X-Men 3

missmurder
So it comes out May 26th, I cant wait, it looks soooo good. Here is a preview if you havent seen it yet: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/
angelussum
I've seen it!

Also cannot wait. Love the x-men series. This movie looks interesting. More so than some of the other stuff that's being churned out these days!
Spid3y
nice for u guys .... i`m from romania and i have to wait more ... Sad my only chnace is to townload it from torrents ... becouse i like too the xmen series ...

see ya ...Smile
jeffsolodky
I saw the first two movies and thought they were really good. Isn't this one supposed to be the final chapter in the Trilogy or something, I don't really know, that is what they said in the commercial.
missmurder
jeffsolodky wrote:
I saw the first two movies and thought they were really good. Isn't this one supposed to be the final chapter in the Trilogy or something, I don't really know, that is what they said in the commercial.
what? i hope not...that would suck
kaitchu
Yeah, i wanna see it Smile First was good, and second was... a little bit better.
DeFwh
It looks another stunner
ylmun
OK, It looks like X-3 had a special preview showing at Cannes. The official premiere is Monday, but it doesn't look like the writer of this article liked it. But, then, a lot of critics don't like things that a lot of us like. They tore up the DaVinci Code, which I haven't seen, but they loved Barton Fink from several, ok lots, of years ago and I hated Barton Fink.

So, if you want to read what a critic thought of X-3, go to the link below, but remember it's got
***SPOLIERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS***SPOLIERS****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****

Is that enough warnings?

http://movies.msn.com/movies/cannes06/dispatch4?GT1=7701
shinnoyami
I want to see X-3, it looks like there's a lot of potential although perhaps with a growing cast on each film, we can't get more into the development of main characters.
I heard (it isn't official) that there might be some spinoffs of the x-men trilogy.
anurag_bhd
X-men is a great series, not to be missed out. I read many comics and didn't miss any episode of the X-Men Evolution too. I am a true fan of X-men and awaiting the release of X-Men:The Last Stand.
My favorite character is Scott Summers. What about the others?
gh0stface
I saw a seven minute clip on FOX a week ago and thought it looked pretty sweet. The one thing that I'm worried about is that there's a rumor circulating on the interweb that a script has been leaked and the dialogue and whatnot is pretty bad.

One thing I didn't like from what I saw in the clip was Juggernaut. Geez, he looks so scrawny compared to the comics.
lpbrasil
i go see in the next week this movie :d
Nigeria
x2 just came on tv the other day i cant wait to see x3 it looks so good in the previews.
dac_nip
whoa..im waitng for this movie,,two days more, surely, this final battle would be blasting and exciting living to the expectatins of its fans. i can't wait to watch it now.. Very Happy
Guyon
It looks great but they are starting to mess with the story too much. I hope they don't lose the great X-Men story by turning it in to a big Hollywood fight fest.

Let get back to the roots.
ylmun
OK!

Check this site out. It describes the mutants (and some humans) in X3 and the powers they have. I think that's kewl!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12841419/
ylmun
I just saw it this weekend. I thought it was great! I grew up reading the X-Men comic books and one of my favorite stories was the one about Phoenix (if you don't know who Phoenix is, watch the movie).

The juggernaut is the best. I love Vinnie Jones, the actor. He was great in "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" where I saw him first.

Someone said earlier that with all the characters, it's hard to get any character development. I thought this was true, but it was such a rollicking action packed film, I didn't care. Besides, I knew who the characters were, anyway.

If you do watch it, there is an extra scene at the end of the credits. It's kinda short and gay (in my opinion), but you should see it.
Nigeria
X Men 3 was GREAT! I saw it this past weekend. If you haven't seen it please do it will be worth the 9-10 dollars .
Scaramanga
ylmun wrote:
If you do watch it, there is an extra scene at the end of the credits. It's kinda short and gay (in my opinion), but you should see it.

I'm just curious why you found it "gay"? As it pretty much set everything up for a further sequel(s).

As for the movie itself, it was alright, but certainly not the best of the franchise by a long shot. But definitely enjoyable for a popcorn flick. Oh, and did any comic-book geeks notice the odd similarities between Jean/Phoenix and Scarlet Witch?
pudovkin
Some weeks ago, I wasn't really bothering about watching it or not.
Last Sunday, I saw at a major brazilian newspaper that X3's box office beated Da Vinci Code's box office.
Now I want so bad to watch this movie.
magneto_ms
Hey anybody seen the movie yet..? I think it is going to be awesome especially since everyone is back. Was worried about Jean Gray. She would rock in the phoenix saga..!!:thumbsup:
Scaramanga
magneto_ms wrote:
Hey anybody seen the movie yet..? I think it is going to be awesome especially since everyone is back. Was worried about Jean Gray. She would rock in the phoenix saga..!!:thumbsup:

You should be aware that this film is NOTHING like the Dark Phoenix Saga from the comics.
magneto_ms
Yeah i know that it is not exactly like the comic series. But I heard Jean Gray does have something to do with the Phoenix Saga. Have you seen the movie..?
ylmun
Scaramanga wrote:
ylmun wrote:

I'm just curious why you found it "gay"? As it pretty much set everything up for a further sequel(s).

I use the word "gay" to mean a "General disparaging term" according to the slang dictionary at http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/g.htm

I used the term because after waiting for what seemed like half an hour to get to the end, I expected more. I apologize if the term offended anyone. I did not mean to.

If anyone is wondering if there are going to be further sequels, there is a frihost topic "X Man 4?" where this was posted:
Schwetanshu wrote:
Well i have not seen the movie yet, but read on Digg that X-Men 4 will be there... here's the link:
http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/01/fox_confirms_xmen_4.html

BTW, I agree. The movie is NOTHING like the Dark Phoenix saga. She doesn't go around destroying planets. oops, is that a spoiler? BUt it was cool to see the character in live action. And I thought the Beast was so much cooler than I thought it would be. I mean, when you have Dr. Frasier Crane playing him, did you really expect it to be so good?
squeakypants
Yea, it wasn't dark pheonix at all. But it would be really weird for it to be done like that anyway (space? wouldn't work in these movies). Still odd that it wasn't firebird (hence the name pheonix) but I loved the effect they used. The black eyes really did it for me. I loved literally everything in the movie except the ending. If Jean can't stop her from killing Cyclops, she can't stop her from killing Wolverine.

Can't wait for 4-6, Magneto, and Wolverine.
shaggly
I can't wait to go and see it, but unfortunately the kids have been on half term this last week and I hate sharing my moviegoing pleasure with noisy kids....

I shall make sure to watch through the credits as well, after the info above.

Cheers
shinnoyami
Drats! i didn't know there was an extra scene at the end, so i missed it.. what is it exactly?

anyways, there wasn't a lot of indepth look into the characters.. and i was looking foreward to seeing angel, but was dessapointed when he was only there for like 5 scenes..
I think that they should have stuck with the comic book story, now there is no way we could ever see some stories...

I agree with ylmun, the beast is way cooler than i expected, especially at the fight scene