FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Train vs. Plane

Plane Train or Automobile?
Plane
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Train
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Car
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Donutey
I know here in the states, except on the east coast, most people ride planes, or in cars, because the government run (essentially) Amtrak is notoriosly unreliable.

I've ridden Amtrak from Chicago to Dallas (24 hours long) and have experienced three hour delays as normal.

I would prefer a better train system where I live because it would make it a lot more convenient, rather than taking a plane that you have to book months in advance to get the best rates, or getting "highway hypnosis" on the interstate.

Anyway, wondering what everybody's opinion of this is.
alkady
I prefer ground transports since there is usually no delays, Ride on car, Go at your pace, Ride on the coach, Too many breaks, On boat, Too Slow, On Plane, To many delays, Too slow and horrible service and finally on trains, It's more comfortable. Get your own room if you pay for it, A restaurant wagon ect.
h5n1clan
Plane is so much better in my opinion, though it maybe be more expensive its worth the time because of the time it saves. You can do so much more stuff when you take a plane, compared when you take a train accross a country it can takes days, which just seems like a waste of time in my mind. plus you cant see the top of everything from trains =)
Vrythramax
I like the train if I am not in a hurry, you can see more the country that way, but overall I'd have to say a plane is better. The scheduling is much more reliable anyway.
alkady
Vrythramax wrote:
I like the train if I am not in a hurry, you can see more the country that way, but overall I'd have to say a plane is better. The scheduling is much more reliable anyway.

On the planes there is too many protocols, They check your luggages, They frisk you if they have to, They make you wait in long lines to pass the metal detector ect.
Blaster
Trains are nice most of the time. It all depends. You save on gas too. They also allow you to be more relaxed and stuff. So i would say train over plane unless you are going somewhere and where you are going is an important place.
{name here}
I vacationed in Poland, and I being the stupid person I am decided to use the train. After using the train I decided never to use one again. Trains are horribly slow, and ending up longer than a car or aircraft ride. I'll always use an automobile or a aircraft if possible and only use the train as the very last resort. Trams I can put up with, but a train is just bad.
Blaster
Poland and the us are different. The trains are ok over here. Poland may be totally different due to money and stuff like that.
alkady
{name here} wrote:
I vacationed in Poland, and I being the stupid person I am decided to use the train. After using the train I decided never to use one again. Trains are horribly slow, and ending up longer than a car or aircraft ride. I'll always use an automobile or a aircraft if possible and only use the train as the very last resort. Trams I can put up with, but a train is just bad.

Trams...*Shudder, I hate trams, When me and my family went to Toronto during the summer, We always had problems with those freaking trams, They are slow and you have to stop your vehicle when someone wants to get off the tram and whats worst you have no choice.
LadyDiane
Geez, I have not ridden a train in so many years. I personally prefer the plane as my favorite mode of transportation. Recently I have tried to book travel for my youngest son on the train. I really thought it would be a great experience for him, as he has never ridden a train. However, I could not stand the thought of all the time and delays it would take to get him to me. So I have opted for the plane now for 10 years in his travels.
Blaster
out of plane and car i would say car. But trains are better then both depending on where you are going. If you are riding out west where there is nothing then it is ok to take the train. But say you are going down south then there is a lot to see.
{name here}
alkady wrote:
{name here} wrote:

Trams...*Shudder, I hate trams, When me and my family went to Toronto during the summer, We always had problems with those freaking trams, They are slow and you have to stop your vehicle when someone wants to get off the tram and whats worst you have no choice.

I can only put up with trams in a select few cities. It really depends where you are.
Donutey
Well "Rick Steve's Europe" on PBS is always pretty positive about the train service in westerne europe.
jabapyth
make this into a poll.
--my vote is Plane-its faster, and more comfy
xorcist
Trains are good if you are in the city get on it and go where you need to go and there always there and you know if you miss one you dont have to wait a while for the next one. But I like planes because they get you there fast but that's only for going to a far place if you use a train to get a far place it takes so long but its cheaper.
Donutey
jabapyth wrote:
make this into a poll.
--my vote is Plane-its faster, and more comfy

good idea, added a poll
oskuro
Car, i just love driving Cool
TeenZine
I cant say i never been on a train ! Sorry.
Donutey
TeenZine wrote:
I cant say i never been on a train ! Sorry.

You've missed out! lol... It is a lot more relaxing than on a plane for sure...
seanooi
well, i have to say i love planes, mainly cause I'm trying to drive one now Laughing
And second, saves time (besides the dreadfull delays) Laughing
Vrythramax
can you actually drive a plane once it is off the ground?
Blaster
good point Confused

The thing I like about with a car is you can go anywhere you wish with it

This does not mean driving into houses so don't try it.
mstreet
At the moment I don't have a car and I'm enjoying using public trqansport. I must admit though i am sooo disappointed with the rail system in the UK. I prefer to take the Coach now. Of course it is alot cheaper to fly to Europe than to take the train most of the time I find.
kung_fu_stu
I have been on a plane several times and there are definitely delays. However, even with the delays you will still end up at your destination sooner that if you were to drive or take a train. So if speed is your bag then plane it up.

I have also been on many a road trip and if you are willing to pay for food and gas along the way then, by all means, I would say that driving is most fun and adventurous of the three.

As for a train, I have never been on one. I have always wanted to, but unfortunatley I have never had the luxury of time. One day, hopefully, I will have that luxury and go tooting down the line; if you will.
Jack_Hammer
I use public transport.
Wink