FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adding a new domain

Hobbit
I'm having troubles adding my domain to my account. I have the domain amilliondollarspace.com and it's pointing to ns1.frih.net/ns2.frih.net. I want it to go to my subdomain www.ad.heartcoregfx.frih.net. How do I do it? Confused
Bondings
Hobbit wrote:
I'm having troubles adding my domain to my account. I have the domain amilliondollarspace.com and it's pointing to ns1.frih.net/ns2.frih.net. I want it to go to my subdomain www.ad.heartcoregfx.frih.net. How do I do it? Confused

You need to use the domain pointers feature of DirectAdmin and then point it to that subdmain.

The settings at your registrar seem to be ok, you only need to configure it at in DirectAdmin.
Hobbit
Thanks but I'm still confused. This is what I did in the domain pointers section.

When I go to www.amilliondollarspace.com it goes the the siteground.com suspended page. Crying or Very sad EDIT: This was a cache problem.

Ok but how do I point it to the subdomain ad.heartcoregfx.frih.net, right now it's going to heartcoregfx.frih.net
saiyeek
why don't u do this easy way.
Just add your domain and in the index.html page put a meta refresh page so that it gets redirected to anywhere you want.
Hobbit
That didn't work, can someone please help me?
Bondings
It would be easier if you add that domain and move the contents of that subdomain to it.

The problem is that you most likely added that subdomain with the subdomain thing instead of adding it as a new domain. This causes that you aren't able to point your domain to it with DirectAdmin.
Hobbit
Yeah well I can't create a new domain, it says domain already exists. It's cause I created a folder in ftp, but I deleted it, and it still says that it's there.
Bondings
Hobbit wrote:
Yeah well I can't create a new domain, it says domain already exists. It's cause I created a folder in ftp, but I deleted it, and it still says that it's there.

You first have to remove the domain pointer. It says that the domain already exists, because it is already used as a pointer.
Hobbit
Thanks Bondings, I'm so stupid, but this is a great learning experience.
Arin
saiyeek wrote:
why don't u do this easy way.
Just add your domain and in the index.html page put a meta refresh page so that it gets redirected to anywhere you want.

just btw - meta or java srcipr redirections shouldn't be used - crawlers won't bite it. always use either .htaccess 301 redirect, or php redirect with header() function.

cheers,
Arin.