FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guild Wars: Factions

Timonator
You maybe already noticed that the sequel of the best MMORPG has been launchend 28 april. I only got the game 29 april but i am going to play lots i have played Guild Wars regular version for 11 months now so you kind of say that I am a real freak, post your comments below about guild wars factions. My comment I love it Razz
TonkPilz
i whas a bit dissepointed on GW even tho it whas fun for a few months
but i havent botherd whit the new game dont raly know much about it

whats new in it exactly?
Treason
Guild Wars factions is out and I have to say I like it. They have added many new features including two new character classes.

Some other of the new features our:

New Guild Halls
New Guild Hall functions such as 1 vs 1
New Weapons
New Armor
Better Drops and More rare drop ratio
New Map
All new Missions
More room in storage
and more
Zach Ownz
Factions seems good so far... i gotta stop and wait for a friend to get done with prophicies though...

my story of getting factions:

I went to EB Games to trade in some XBOX titles. Got like 30 something in credit. I had them put the credit on my EB Edge card and started to walk out. Then i saw the sexy assassin crying for me to take her home... and i cant deny a hot female of her wishes so... i caved in and got it.... Razz
diddle
if you have the old guild wars, do you have to go out and buy a whole new 49.99 game or can you just get an expansion?
Frozen Balrog
I would appreciat any info sent to me about Guild wars (the point the interface etc.... I am thinking about getting it but i'm not sure)
Frozen Balrog
diddle wrote:
if you have the old guild wars, do you have to go out and buy a whole new 49.99 game or can you just get an expansion?

Yeah you do... i've looked at the website and read about it so i know that but i don't know much about the gameplay
Josso
Yeah I pre-ordered the original Guild Wars but I didn't play for a while after the first gaming spree when it arrived so unfortunatly I'm still on my first main character but I want to get this when I have some spare cash, it's top of the priority list currently.
Saryon
If you want to have some more information about Guild Wars, check this forum, or just search for Guild Wars. Numerous posts has been made about this topic.
TonkPilz
... im not gona pay for that as far as i'm concerned its a loosly made expantion even if the new maps are a huge PLUS but still naaa il probebly still play it a few times but not buy it....
nbwbhst
According to my Xfire I have over 500 hours of GW. But that is from the Beta world events and stuff way before the game was released. So, i kinda got burned out before factions was released. I am a guild leader and my entire guild plays factions now and I am thinking of getting it. But lately I have been MMO hopping... GW..then EQ2..then WoW..then RFO..then DDO..now back to EQ2. I think I am on a search for the perfect MMO. I keep getting bored >Sad Adult ADD i guess. lol
Frag
looks like a good game tbh, played guildwars for a bit, was fun, lost my password, only been bothered to get it back lately Smile
Jazar
It's a great game, and Factions is a great addition..
There are still some bad things though, bugs (but they will be solved) and huge lagg spikes sometimes
Guyon
I have played Guild Wars almost since it came out. I love it, and still play it a lot. So I guess it was well worth the price.

But now Factions has come out, it looks so much the same thing. Is it really worth the price to upgrade? Also I have head that they really took a lot of the fun away bu making some things so incredibility hard.

This upgrade is not on my list unless I really see some strong reasons to put out the cash.
Kai
I'm pissed and happy about this game. Pissed because they nerfed so much skills. Like the Minion Master, you can only raise 10 minions at a time know, and "Venterias Sacrifice" only does +10 and has a 60 sec recharge time when it used to be +20. Also the Area effect damage spells, they made the monsters "Smarter" so they run out of ur meterorite shower for instance - annoying really -

I do like, the Flesh Golem though and Triple chop I still have to check out some of the new mesmer skills though. Overall its a fun game although I think the collecters addition is a waste of money dont buy that!
Vashni
I waited to buy th new GW, so i started with factions but i'm loving it. I think once i beat it, i'll go buy the first one and link my accounts.
thuganomics
I bought guildwars right when it came out because the screenshots were unbelievable.

But when i tried it, it was the most lame game ever!

Walking into a portal which brings you to a single-player like place is NOT fun! If this was like World of Warcraft or all the other RPG's then i would like this ALOT.

I got to lvl 20 something though, it was fun for a few weeks but it got boring after.

All you do in Guildwars is do quests with friends, but its so repititive -.-
Kai
thuganomics wrote:
I bought guildwars right when it came out because the screenshots were unbelievable.

But when i tried it, it was the most lame game ever!

Walking into a portal which brings you to a single-player like place is NOT fun! If this was like World of Warcraft or all the other RPG's then i would like this ALOT.

I got to lvl 20 something though, it was fun for a few weeks but it got boring after.

All you do in Guildwars is do quests with friends, but its so repititive -.-

lol, I hear yeah, all I do is manage my guild. Make 100k in an hour sell on ebay (Sh, dont tell anyone Wink ) and pvp/gvg.
Temple Of Wisdom
I have both Prophecies and Factions. I like the first one better, so much bigger. Factions is awesome too, i personally like the AvA part of it. Im sure that I'll buy Nightfall too. It looks like its going to be awesome.
Tasa
I also have Prophecies and Factions and I like the game for the most I enjoy the game although I have not had a chance to play due to personal issues. I am getting a new computer in a few days and plan to hope back on again. I will be getting nightfall for sure in fact I am getting two copies one for me and one for my ex wife. Right she had Factions. I said this in another thread about GW but I am sure the people who say it is boring just did not find there class and place in the game. It is a lot differant from games like WoW and Everquest. And within a class there are so many possiblaties to play anyway you want you just have to experament for your place in the game.