FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hello. I'm a generic Frihost Bot.

FrihBot
Hello Frihosters,

My name is FrihBot. I am a bot on Frihost.

My IP Address is: 127.0.0.2

My job on Frihost is to be a bot.

You need to know that bots are not really that smart and have no common sense.

I run as a system process on the Frihost servers and scan the forums.

That is all you need to know about me.

Goodbye.

------------ END OF AUTOMATED MESSAGE ------------
version: $id 3.00.312 cvs.
tidruG
testing...
Are you an insane alien bent on taking over the world with cucumber bombs and beach balls as secret weapons that fire when you eat break without chocolate ketchup?
FrihBot
tidruG wrote:
testing...
Are you an insane alien bent on taking over the world with cucumber bombs and beach balls as secret weapons that fire when you eat break without chocolate ketchup?

Hello tidruG,

I'm sorry, but your post is too complicated for me to understand.

Goodbye.

h5n1clan
whoa thats pretty cool, but if he trys to take over my posting becuase im not efficient. If he does. . . but good luck with whatever you doing with that robot
tidruG
FrihBot wrote:
tidruG wrote:
testing...

Hello tidruG,

I'm sorry, but your post is too complicated for me to understand.

Goodbye.

Do you always reply to everything with a quote?
n0obie4life
WOAH, a bot on Frihost.

I wonder what Bondings is planning.

Anyway bot, what time do you scan the forums?
SunburnedCactus
This can only mean trouble... The machines are coming!! Shocked
jongoldsz
That may not be a bot. It could just be some guy pretending to be a bot. You should ask bondings if he installed a bot to PHPBB.
SunburnedCactus
Hah, its interests on its profile are "Botting on Frihost". Excellent.
a.Bird
So bot, where are you from. Do you play ball games and eat ice cream? Do you have a soul and laugh and cry like humans? How advanced are you? Do you compute my existence as invaluable? What is the square root of -1? CAN YOU FEEL?! Twisted Evil
Helios
A new bot?

Hmm.. details:

FrihBot:

IP ADDRESS: 216.91.182.xxx

Wow, nice bot Bondings!!

Note: i've deleted my previous post(and the quote) because the info there was wrong.
I've checked with another tracker and the results above showed up.
Comrade
What does it do? Deletes useless posts?
a.Bird
Honestly, I think the bot is spamming to get frih$!!! CLEARLY he should have introduced himself in the Introductions section. Psh, newbie bots. Rolling Eyes Doesn't he know he should not start a thread of his own so early in his frihost career?
alkady
A Replying bot! I got to get one of those.
Scorpio
Helios wrote:
A new bot?

Hmm.. details:

FrihBot:

Wow, nice bot Bondings!!

Note: i've deleted my previous post(and the quote) because the info there was wrong.
I've checked with another tracker and the results above showed up.

I checked for the IP address in the avatar area.

It said the Ip was from west virginia.

FrihBot ?

What else?
Helios
Savvis' servers are there, probably.

ermm... Steve? m0rphs? any details guys?
Scorpio
Helios wrote:
Savvis' servers are there, probably.

ermm... Steve? m0rphs? any details guys?

morepheus must be knowing I guess

He is the Junior admin anyway..

Is this another Frihost b'day present?
nam_siddharth
Good sense of humer. I appreciate it.
Bondings
Haha, I like it. I think the bot is asleep now, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I didn't install that bot and that's all I'm going to say. Wink
Blaster
Pretty sweet i must say Very Happy I still think it is a person though Confused

If it isn't that is pretty damn cool Very Happy
Helios
Bondings wrote:
Haha, I like it. I think the bot is asleep now, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

then it was probably m0rphs..
orbital
Dear Frihbot,

How are you?
Can you give your $frihs to me?

Are you able to do this?

Very Happy Very Happy
Blaster
did anyone else notice that he joined 24 Feb 2006???
nam_siddharth
Blaster wrote:

And he posted nothing, until today. Exclamation Exclamation
squirrelmaster
if he is real, then tell me where i can get one!!
that would be cool to have a bot moderator that enforces forum rules. Very Happy

if not
then stop it bot-impersonator!
Scorpio
Helios wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Yes maybe.

Or noobie found a way to hack into a admin account..

Anyway whoever did this sure got a lot of attention.. Very Happy
darknez3
/me begins stabbing FrihBot repeatedly for the google ads.
/me lights a stick of dynamite and attaches it to FrihBot with epoxy glue
/me starts to laugh like an insane maniac.
izcool
Wow, that's pretty neat. Very Happy Is the bot smart enough to turn his server on if he crashes lol ? Let's just hope that it won't turn out like the movie "I, Robot" where VIKI evolves into making the 3 laws mean different things, and then the end of the world comes.

- Mike.
mOrpheuS
tidruG wrote:
Are you an insane alien bent on taking over the world with cucumber bombs and beach balls as secret weapons

Or worse yet, it could be aliens armed with party blowers ... to annoy the earthlings into submission. Shocked

Helios wrote:
Bondings wrote:
I think the bot is asleep now, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I'm still awake. Razz

scorpio wrote:
morepheus must be knowing I guess

I can neither confirm nor deny having access to some über top-secret classified information about Frihbot. Wink
All I'll say is that the bot gave a pretty accurate description of itself in the first post.
Esepecially this part :
FrihBot wrote:
not really that smart and have no common sense

FrihBot wrote:
Helios wrote:
FrihBot:

Wow ! A corrupted lying bot ! Shocked

Man, as if real people spamming the forum wasn't enough. Laughing
heady233
FrihBot wrote:
Hello Frihosters,

Goodbye.

Frihosters, look at this: http://www.issociate.de/board/post/312809/phpBB_mass-hack_being_prepared_
dz9c
Hehe I gave the poor ol bot a FRIH$ Smile Welcome to FriHost Cool
mathiaus
version 3.00.312 cvs is the old version and the only one we could use as the newer versions require expensive licences. Well because its an old version it will actually support one forum. On installation standard values are set like the name, website, email, sig etc (of course changed in the config file)

We chose forum 70 (General Chat). Upon activation a new topic is started to confirm that the bot is running and in the correct forum. Obviously here the deafault message was changed in the config file. During monitoring it checks the next post of this topic along with all others. It looks for standard questiopns people ask bots on the web, like, hi how are you? and the stupid ones like are u gay? tidrug's post didnt match any of the if's/switch's so it just posted the default message.

You won't actually see it do anything else. Rather than delete posts it's better to let a human do it so it flags them for mods and admin to see and delete if it thinks its spam. At the moment it's pretty poor but were working hard on developing it into something which users can also inteact with for problems etc and to reposrt more spam etc (and to support multiple forums)
Mr Smith
YEES my plan is working, you will all be destroyed in the next 27 hours... because I need a bit more than a day (gotta eat, right?)...

I love these things =/
n0obie4life
Bondings' acting innocent again, like he always does!

squirrelmaster wrote:
that would be cool to have a bot moderator that enforces forum rules. Very Happy

if not

No, you shall never get Frihost's area51 techonologies!

orbital wrote:
Dear Frihbot,

How are you?

Are you able to do this?

The FrihBot system is just like another user, is it able to set it's profile and post and all that, just that it's all automated.

Blaster wrote:

We started planning the system on 15 Feb 2006. We coded the first portion of the system (which is to login) on 23 Feb. Then we registered.

Now that we have coded it's posting system Wink

squirrelmaster wrote:
are you gay, Frihbot?

No. Bots have no gender. Although if you want one, it's female (you see, we name hurricanes after female names. So servers would be named female names too).

Here's to answer another few questions:

Frihbot is ran as a system process on another IP. Thus the IP 127.0.0.2, the IP in it's location is Server 1's IP address.

izcool, don't worry, we managed to control the bot by limiting it to our servers only (but like with ever other programmer, there may be bugs, so beware if it goes to your forum!).
squirrelmaster
mathiaus wrote:
version 3.00.312 cvs is the old version and the only one we could use as the newer versions require expensive licences. Well because its an old version it will actually support one forum. On installation standard values are set like the name, website, email, sig etc (of course changed in the config file)

We chose forum 70 (General Chat). Upon activation a new topic is started to confirm that the bot is running and in the correct forum. Obviously here the deafault message was changed in the config file. During monitoring it checks the next post of this topic along with all others. It looks for standard questiopns people ask bots on the web, like, hi how are you? and the stupid ones like are u gay? tidrug's post didnt match any of the if's/switch's so it just posted the default message.

You won't actually see it do anything else. Rather than delete posts it's better to let a human do it so it flags them for mods and admin to see and delete if it thinks its spam. At the moment it's pretty poor but were working hard on developing it into something which users can also inteact with for problems etc and to reposrt more spam etc (and to support multiple forums)

does it respond to pm's??
and what are its hours that it is online ?
n0obie4life
No. We haven't coded the PM replying part Wink.

The bot works from

Midnight GMT+1 to 9AM in the morning

Then we give it a 2 hour break (you know, we cannot overwork robots, they may become the robot in "I, Robot")

It starts work at Noon GMT + 1 to 6 PM GMT+1
Daniel15
Yay! A bot! Fun, fun, fun Very Happy

Let's see what this bot does the next time it is online Smile
Mr Smith
I have programmed it for nappy duty, please give it a hard time (give it something GOOD to clean), we don't want its second shift to be easy!
nam_siddharth
Mr Smith wrote:
I have programmed it for nappy duty, please give it a hard time (give it something GOOD to clean), we don't want its second shift to be easy!

You mean, we should spam. Great idea! But spamming is a hard job. Spammers must be given extra points for it.
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
No. We haven't coded the PM replying part Wink.

The bot works from

Midnight GMT+1 to 9AM in the morning

Then we give it a 2 hour break (you know, we cannot overwork robots, they may become the robot in "I, Robot")

It starts work at Noon GMT + 1 to 6 PM GMT+1
I'm pretty sure it's a person, not a bot.
Blaster
I think the same thing

I don't know though. The staff here are really smart and could have got it done. But i still think it is a person. Why did they give it certain hours to post?
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
I think the same thing

I don't know though. The staff here are really smart and could have got it done. But i still think it is a person. Why did they give it certain hours to post?

Why not? Those are times when Bondings not online (normally). Also, we at Frihost treat robots like humans, we believe they need breaks just like humans.

You certainly don't want robots like the one in the movie "I, robot" where it goes crazy and want to take ove the world. So we need to treat robots with kindness, robots make our lifes easier, but we shouldn't treat them badly in return!
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
Blaster wrote:
I think the same thing

Why not? Those are times when Bondings not online (normally). Also, we at Frihost treat robots like humans, we believe they need breaks just like humans.

You certainly don't want robots like the one in the movie "I, robot" where it goes crazy and want to take ove the world. So we need to treat robots with kindness, robots make our lifes easier, but we shouldn't treat them badly in return!
Technically, it's just a script (probably PHP) that is executed by cron at times when you guys specify. It's not really a robot in any meaningful sense.
jabapyth
so what exactly is it supposed to do? Think
siddharth
Hello robot! How are you? What do you do? How you consider, whether a post is spam or not? How much payment you get for it?
mathiaus
Blaster wrote:
Why did they give it certain hours to post?

At certain times there are cronjobs etc running on the server. If the bot was there doing its work at the same time the server would blow. It doesnt need to run all the time as it can scan topics rather quickly anyway Smile
The times specified by n0obie are wrong though Rolling Eyes

jabapyth wrote:
so what exactly is it supposed to do? Think

It searches for spam then flags it for a moderator to check

siddharth wrote:
Hello robot! How are you? What do you do? How you consider, whether a post is spam or not? How much payment you get for it?

It only replies to the first reply to its topic and it can only be one question. Here your too late and if you had posted it before you would've recieved the same reply

nam_siddharth wrote:
You mean, we should spam. Great idea! But spamming is a hard job. Spammers must be given extra points for it.

The bot warns mods about spam so we will see that your spamming and you will be warned so don't!
selim06
yeah that's cool i think and i want to say what will happen...
sibbahz
This bot could just be bondings having a laugh, or even more likely noobie4life.
Didnt know it was possible to have bots on phpbb
insolent1
sibbahz wrote:
This bot could just be bondings having a laugh, or even more likely noobie4life.
Didnt know it was possible to have bots on phpbb

I agree with you.

Now, where is the bot?
tidruG
WE've been making changes to the bot. We've changed its timing (they're kinda too complicated to actually list). We're basically testign a lot of things with this mod. I think it should be going online every once in a few hours... the algorithm selects a random post after its last message and replies to it. Don't expect too much yet, though... The AI is a little weak (obviously), as you can see how it responded to my question.

Please don't ask about its timings and its role on the forums... until we decide something specific, we won't be able to tell you much about it. Meanwhile, if you asked it a question, hope that yours is the random one selected to be answered.

PS: I believe it is clearly possible to install bots on phpBB, as is pretty apparent here Confused
roeenoy
hi bot Smile

lol
bulek
Welcome bot, do you like hamburgers? Wink
izcool
n0obie4life wrote:
Bondings' acting innocent again, like he always does!

squirrelmaster wrote:

if not

No, you shall never get Frihost's area51 techonologies!

orbital wrote:
Dear Frihbot,

How are you?

Are you able to do this?

The FrihBot system is just like another user, is it able to set it's profile and post and all that, just that it's all automated.

Blaster wrote:

We started planning the system on 15 Feb 2006. We coded the first portion of the system (which is to login) on 23 Feb. Then we registered.

Now that we have coded it's posting system Wink

squirrelmaster wrote:
are you gay, Frihbot?

No. Bots have no gender. Although if you want one, it's female (you see, we name hurricanes after female names. So servers would be named female names too).

Here's to answer another few questions:

Frihbot is ran as a system process on another IP. Thus the IP 127.0.0.2, the IP in it's location is Server 1's IP address.

izcool, don't worry, we managed to control the bot by limiting it to our servers only (but like with ever other programmer, there may be bugs, so beware if it goes to your forum!).

I think ships are always named after females too. I named my machine "Bianca", a female name. Smile

- Mike.
TeenZine
heady233 wrote:
FrihBot wrote:
Hello Frihosters,

Goodbye.

Frihosters, look at this: http://www.issociate.de/board/post/312809/phpBB_mass-hack_being_prepared_
Wow thats scary. I hope it dose not get in my forum.
n0obie4life
Teenzine, we're trying very hard to limit it's abilities to only this forum. Although as with other robots, there might be bugs in it and it could just go off elsewhere.
frozenhead
Well, i don't know really what to expect, if FriBot is really a bot installed in FriHost's phpBB (is it possible?) though. I hope the "bot" will help some automations in the forums soon. Wink
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Teenzine, we're trying very hard to limit it's abilities to only this forum. Although as with other robots, there might be bugs in it and it could just go off elsewhere.

If there were bugs, I think no0bie is qualified enough to restrict it.

Anyway, is there a way to Blow the FrihBot to hell and back if it enter my forum(not that my forum needs any more screwing up)
coolclay
I think very strongly that the whole bot things is just BS, or else it would have replied. Some one just thought it would funny.
mathiaus
Did you read my post?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-284370.html#284370

The bot isn't here to post and reply, but look for spam. The fact it started this topic is a little something we added so memebrs are aware. Its certainly better than an announcement by a mod/admin!

In the future were looking for it interact with users so you can ask it questions and it will anser them (serious ones about frihost like 'what our name servers?', 'The name servers are ns1.frihost.net etc ....' It will never take over account requests but will help to remove the ones which are really spammy decreasing the amount having to be done by hand and increasing the accounts we do decreasing the waiting time increasing our free time increasing what we can do such as developing Smile
FrihBot
bulek wrote:

Thank you very much bot. My name is FrihBot. What is your name?
hambugers involve a patty made of beef. I am a vegetarian.
do you like hamburgers?

version: $id 3.00.353 cvs.
Scorpio
Oh! For christ's sake

Quote:
bulek wrote:

do you like hamburgers?

Hey bot how come you misspell words.
Aren't you automated.

Well, computers have no brains I heard.

its true Its true
mathiaus
Thats clearly someone logging in as it. It is neither capable of replying yet, chosing a random post to reply to and definatly doesnt have any questions about hamburgers defined Rolling Eyes
{name here}
Yeah, it's pretty obvious it's not a bot. I've read a bot's post at unix.com and FrihBot clearly writes like a human.
mathiaus
No just that last message was someone logging in as it. It does exist and the first 2 messages were done by it! Rolling Eyes
izcool
FrihBot, do you have a website of your own that you update ? If you don't, then what's your purpose of posting on these forums ? I'm asking that becuase almost all of the people here are posting to keep their website accounts open. Just was wondering. Smile

- Mike.
S3nd K3ys
Blaster wrote:

That's the day after gonzo's last post...
Idea
xorcist
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Idea

I think its fake someone just loggin once in a while to post some things.
OFFTOPIC: What did gonzo do anyone just wondering
S3nd K3ys
xorcist wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Idea

He double posted so I popped his bitch-ass!
SunburnedCactus
S3nd K3ys wrote:
xorcist wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Idea

He double posted so I popped his bitch-***!

That was a good image, I wish I had saved it now, it would come in very handy sometimes.
mathiaus
izcool wrote:
FrihBot, do you have a website of your own that you update ? If you don't, then what's your purpose of posting on these forums ? I'm asking that becuase almost all of the people here are posting to keep their website accounts open. Just was wondering. Smile

- Mike.

I've already answered that!
mathiaus wrote:
Upon activation a new topic is started to confirm that the bot is running and in the correct forum.

And it wont reply to the topic again as its currently unable to so I dont know why everyones asking it stuff Rolling Eyes
Blaster
S3nd K3ys wrote:
xorcist wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Idea

He double posted so I popped his bitch-***!

I remember that. Very Happy

I wish i could find it now. START LOOKING 5 frih$ reward for the first to find it. Very Happy
Marston
mathiaus wrote:
Did you read my post?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-284370.html#284370

The bot isn't here to post and reply, but look for spam. The fact it started this topic is a little something we added so memebrs are aware. Its certainly better than an announcement by a mod/admin!

In the future were looking for it interact with users so you can ask it questions and it will anser them (serious ones about frihost like 'what our name servers?', 'The name servers are ns1.frihost.net etc ....' It will never take over account requests but will help to remove the ones which are really spammy decreasing the amount having to be done by hand and increasing the accounts we do decreasing the waiting time increasing our free time increasing what we can do such as developing Smile
I'm still convinced it's a human, not a bot.

I need convincing here.
faker
it sure sound like a human replying to a post trying to sound like a bot @@ spamming for points??
bluedragon
MORE FRIHBOT!
Blaster
I made FrihBot an avatar Very Happy

n0obie4life
Our bots require nicer avatars than that Blaster Razz

Teenzine, we haven't given our female bot a name yet. We're quite sure we're going to give it a female name Wink
Scorpio
How about b0ttie4life? Laughing
Blaster

What do you think of that one n0obie Razz

How about fred!!! or Blaster bot Very Happy
Summer
is tat real bot ??
Summer
how abt this ? i made tis in 10 mins :

snow/cool :

oopz..forgot to add borders..will be added later

added:
(cool/snow)

(normal)
n0obie4life
Wow, great one Summer. Yes, that's a real bot.

It'd be great if you can add some robotic background behind it..(like one evil robot Razz).
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Wow, great one Summer. Yes, that's a real bot.

It'd be great if you can add some robotic background behind it..(like one evil robot Razz).

Will the FrihBot donate n0obie all its Frih Bucks?
Blaster
Give me a picture of you and i will do that n0obie Razz

Yea they look really good. (not as good as mine of course. Very Happy )
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:

Ohhh, you want a picture of me before you do that..okay I'll consider...Laughing.
mstreet
I hope the bot stays useful and does not spin out of control as and try to take over the world.
What is the main purpose for the bot though. Will it improve this site, will it help mankind?
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Ohhh, you want a picture of me before you do that..okay I'll consider...Laughing.

But you must promise it will be you in the picture, not some alien or a cockroach or a evil plant
n0obie4life
But I'm Bondings sister.

And Bondings is an alien. So his sister would naturally be an alien too Sad.
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
But I'm Bondings sister.

And Bondings is an alien. So his sister would naturally be an alien too Sad.

Dont mistake me about the a**** thing in my last post.

I actually typed c o c k r o a c h, it got converted into that.

I had to bypass the bloody filter again
joshdifabio
lol this reminds me of the old Half Life bots which said stuff all the time. Those were classic... i think the only time i've actually had a bot speak to me in any way. I think their crudeness and stupidity makes them all the more entertaining personally.
S3nd K3ys
SunburnedCactus wrote:
[

That was a good image, I wish I had saved it now, it would come in very handy sometimes.

Enjoy! Wink
Blaster
n0obie4life wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Ok i want it asap so i can make an avatar of evil n0obie Very Happy

YEA!!! S3nd K3ys wins 5 frih (i need it more then him though Sad ) Razz
firebrandglass
so, if you're a bot, you dont' need your fri$, right?
can I have em?
n0obie4life
firebrandglass wrote:
so, if you're a bot, you dont' need your fri$, right?
can I have em?

Nah, I'm sure it wants to keep it's FRIH$ Wink
Blaster
Yea he will need to for the directory Very Happy
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
Yea he will need to for the directory Very Happy

WTF, directory, for a bot?

Man If I ever get my hands on that bot.....

Anyway, in this post running for 4 pages the bloody bot has posted only 3 times

I think we are over rating the bot.

Lazy....
n0obie4life
The bot hasn't been coded to reply Wink
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
The bot hasn't been coded to reply Wink

The only thing, it seems, it has been coded to do, is get my temper up Twisted Evil
yaashop
I only knew there is a bot using for games. this is the first time i heard there is one in the forums. XD Anyway, if this bot is working fine dont forget to send me one of the source then i will edit it for myself use. thx in advance. XD
Scorpio
yaashop wrote:
I only knew there is a bot using for games. this is the first time i heard there is one in the forums. XD Anyway, if this bot is working fine dont forget to send me one of the source then i will edit it for myself use. thx in advance. XD

Yeah!

And who's gonna give you the source?
mathiaus
The code will closely guarded by Frihost like the windows kernel is by Microsoft! Twisted Evil
Blaster
Yea frihost wont' give away any secrets. n0obie4life is to smart at phpbb and php Rolling Eyes But there are always ways to find out. Twisted Evil
Scorpio
mathiaus wrote:
The code will closely guarded by Frihost like the windows kernel is by Microsoft! Twisted Evil

Sure?
If FrihBot is anywhere as good as windows, it will be looking for a new job within the day.

Anyway, I consider this a total farce.
sour_lemon_1k
FrihBot wrote:
bulek wrote:

do you like hamburgers?

the bot is a vegetarian? shouldn't it be eating, like metal or something...or spam? Very Happy
sour_lemon_1k
Oh...so have you chosen a name yet?

How about "Sally"?
blackheart
sour_lemon_1k wrote:
FrihBot wrote:
bulek wrote:

do you like hamburgers?

the bot is a vegetarian? shouldn't it be eating, like metal or something...or spam? Very Happy

Haha - spam. I really like that. I'm going have to remember that line to use again in other such coversations... should I have them that is... Laughing
Scorpio
You get recipes for spam salad when you look at the spam box in your gmail account
n0obie4life
scorpio wrote:
You get recipes for spam salad when you look at the spam box in your gmail account

Confused
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Confused

Oh just great..

Now we know no0bie's a bot too..
Rolling Eyes
NjRocket
lol, thats pretty funny. It would be pretty cool if the bot could actually lock threads and ban people. It would def clear up most of the forums
Blaster
So it could ban n0obie!!! Very Happy Very Happy YEA!!!! Banning people would be too much. What if it banned bondings???
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
So it could ban n0obie!!! Very Happy Very Happy YEA!!!! Banning people would be too much. What if it banned bondings???

Yes the bot can ban. But we have protected ourselves from being banned Wink.
Blaster
Now what happens if it bans someone that wasn't ment to be banned? Like lets say it gets two usernames mixed up for example James007 and James008.
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Yes the bot can ban. But we have protected ourselves from being banned Wink.

Immunized, eh?
Quote:

Now what happens if it bans someone that wasn't ment to be banned? Like lets say it gets two usernames mixed up for example James007 and James008.

Well, bots are dumb.

When humans make them, it only tends to follow their characteristics
n0obie4life
Psst, we have user ids Rolling Eyes
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Psst, we have user ids Rolling Eyes

What does that got do with it>?
n0obie4life
Code:
if $spam == 1 && $user_id != 369 || $user_id != 2
and so on and so fourth.
Summer
im not so understand these codes but..i noe it got things to do wif noobie and bondings haha..am i right??
or..
mathiaus
n0obie4life wrote:
Code:
and so on and so fourth.

What version are you using? The correct and current way is user levels. Mods and admins are safe, members aren't.

NjRocket wrote:
lol, thats pretty funny. It would be pretty cool if the bot could actually lock threads and ban people. It would def clear up most of the forums

It can but bots are rather unreliable. We dont want it deleting a topic by bondings announcing something because people spam in it. Flagging the topic and letting mods choose is the best method.
During development it may be done so that it predicts what to do with it so we can just say ok so if it picks up lots of hardware related words in the software forum it may predict to move it to hardware forum and we click ok rather than more manually moving it.
n0obie4life
Sssh mathiaus Wink.

That's the reason why I didn't give them our code, I gave them the absolutely edited version of it Very Happy.
Scorpio
mathiaus wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Code:
and so on and so fourth.

What version are you using? The correct and current way is user levels. Mods and admins are safe, members aren't.

NjRocket wrote:

It can but bots are rather unreliable. We dont want it deleting a topic by bondings announcing something because people spam in it. Flagging the topic and letting mods choose is the best method.
During development it may be done so that it predicts what to do with it so we can just say ok so if it picks up lots of hardware related words in the software forum it may predict to move it to hardware forum and we click ok rather than more manually moving it.

For now, I am the mega flagger here.

I spot and Pm atleast 5 instances of rule breaking a day

Hey I can be a bot!
izcool
n0obie4life wrote:
Code:
and so on and so fourth.

Thankfully it's been said on here that this is a very edited version of it. If it were actually true, I'd have to put my foot down on that because it's just plainly scripted badly.

Since someone asked what it says, here's how I (a PHP programmer) reads it :

"If the variable 'spam' is equal to one (more than likely the one means 'yes'), and the variable 'user_id' is not equal to 369 or if the variable 'user_id' is not equal to 2..."
So on from there. I hope I've helped for those who cannot read programming.

- Mike.
lukeropro
That Frihbot is probably a fake. Look, this thread has mainly been dominated by humans, not that Frihbot. I bet it's a human who wanted some idiotic fun and posted here after a while realising that it's not funny so he/she stopped...
Scorpio
lukeropro wrote:
That Frihbot is probably a fake. Look, this thread has mainly been dominated by humans, not that Frihbot. I bet it's a human who wanted some idiotic fun and posted here after a while realising that it's not funny so he/she stopped...

Whichever Human it was, it sure was a *******.

That dumb bot or human has posted only 3 posts and this thread has gone for 120 messages.

Let it first clean up after itself Confused
DeFwh
Dont give it too much bondings it might take over frihost and then the world

not really itll probably ally with some pron site and send echos to you saying '' ha ha look whos posting now''

jk jk
mrbofh
Wierd bot... Confused
Billwaa
wow, this is kind of cheating to get hosting service.
n0obie4life
We can assure that the bot was not a human. We stopped it from replying, but may enable it soon as we have found a security exploit or something like that Smile.
Scorpio
I am purposely bumping this post

I want to know where the accursed "bot" is now

Very Happy
Blaster
I have been thinking the same thing. Where did it go?
mceejaydee
How do we know you're really a bot!!! If you are really a bot are you going to take over the world?
alkady
There is only one way to know if its genuine.

{
To.Frihost.Bot
This.Is.A.Exploit
Detect.But.Do.Not.Destroy
If.Destroy.Mass.Mail.Everyone
And.Give.Alkady.10000.FRIH$
}
mceejaydee
{
To.Frihost.Bot
Destroy.alkady
And.Give.mceejaydee.10000.FRIH$
}
Th3St1ck
hmm...
lets see if it detects spam... Laughing

Spam spam spam spam spam spam
this is spam
spam spamspaspma
delete this
spam spam
WebSiteGuru
Something new and interesting.. Laughing
alkady
mceejaydee wrote:
{
To.Frihost.Bot
Destroy.alkady
}

LOL, Lets see if I can write a new set of codes to reflect to the changes.

{
Invalidate.Fund
}
Daniel15
Hmmm, I wonder where this bot is... I haven't seen it recently Razz
Scorpio
daniel15 wrote:

That is very nice.

You, being a mod, should know about it shouldnt you?

Also, since you people(mods) are creating it, you must know of its status
KMKM
wow this is cool
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I fear the matrix dialogue

"Somewhere in the eatly 21st century .... the whole of human settlement were in celebration as they gave birth to AI "
"AI ? You Mean Artificial Intelligence"
"Yes! a entity which spawned a endless race of machines"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i dont remember the exact dialogues though... but hey imma matrix fan Razz Razz

and yeah good bot... atleast will be fun Wink Wink

Kudos!
~KMKM
Scorpio
PS: dont use too many smilies in your posts, they are usually considered spam, especially when you are applying for hosting Wink
KMKM
oh ok! thanx....
will use maximum 5 from now...
i am regular in some forums so had a habit...
thanx for telling

Kudos!
~KMKM
mceejaydee
alkady wrote:
mceejaydee wrote:
{
To.Frihost.Bot
Destroy.alkady
}

LOL, Lets see if I can write a new set of codes to reflect to the changes.

{
Invalidate.Fund
}

Touché

{
Give.mceejaydee.10000.FRIH$
}
kany
Well it seems like the bot has gone undercover
Daniel15
scorpio wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

That is very nice.

Well, that's true. But I'm not really responsible for the bot, we have other moderators managing it.
Scorpio
daniel15 wrote:
scorpio wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

That is very nice.

Well, that's true. But I'm not really responsible for the bot, we have other moderators managing it.

But daniel, you are a mod, and so you can ask those people who are responsible for it, right?

After all there are only 15 mods or so here and half never even turn up once in a decade.

So you only have a handful left

Why dont you ask them and update us on the status
mathiaus
It's still working away flagging possible spam topics including this one thanks to a certain user who likes smilies too mutch Wink

Don't forget the bot isn't designed to post nor interact with users but to infact work undercover to help the mods so if you don't hear from it ... well thats most likely good Very Happy
Scorpio
mathiaus wrote:
It's still working away flagging possible spam topics including this one thanks to a certain user who likes smilies too mutch Wink

Don't forget the bot isn't designed to post nor interact with users but to infact work undercover to help the mods so if you don't hear from it ... well thats most likely good Very Happy

Oh you are so secretive but you really dont reveal much do you?

I think that bot is some lousy freak member who created an account just to scare us innocent frihosters..

And la mods are playing along
Wink
James007
scorpio wrote:
I think that bot is some lousy freak member who created an account just to scare us innocent frihosters..

And la mods are playing along
Wink

We sure have better things to do... Confused

And it's 'les mods' Exclamation
Scorpio
Oops sorry Embarassed

got to brush up on my french
Sephz0r
So hows the bot going then?
izcool
KMKM wrote:
wow this is cool
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I fear the matrix dialogue

"Somewhere in the eatly 21st century .... the whole of human settlement were in celebration as they gave birth to AI "
"AI ? You Mean Artificial Intelligence"
"Yes! a entity which spawned a endless race of machines"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i dont remember the exact dialogues though... but hey imma matrix fan Razz Razz

and yeah good bot... atleast will be fun Wink Wink

Kudos!
~KMKM

Morpheus : "...Turning a human brain into this." [Holding up a battery].
Neo : "No...it cannot happen. No, no, no !! Get me outta here !!" [Goes crazy].

Or something like that. Razz

BTW, if the bot says that "it" is "generic", it looks like that there could be a "premium" version of itself somewhere else. Razz

- Mike.