You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Favorite Portable Applications

What application is considered portable by me?
It must be able to run from any directory you copy to.

Why do we need them?
Consider situations:
- You re-install your operating system, you dont need to reinstall your favorite applications or loose their settings..
- Have you favorite applications handy that you can use on any computer (friend's, public computer)

Tray Commander Lite with a single click: launch any application, open any predefined folder, shutdown/logoff computer.

PowerMenu Give more control on windows: minimize to tray, alway on top, set priority, transparency

WinServices Control Windows services.

CPU-Z Gather system information

CurrPorts View Opened TCP/IP ports / connections on Windows

Spybot SD Removing adwares/spywares/dialers/keyloggers/trojans/usage tracks. Control Windows startup program

KL-Detector detect keylogging activity on your computer! (it can detect keyloggers only you have to remove it manually)

Portable ClamWin: portable Virus Scanner that can automatic downloads of Virus Database updates

GnuPG complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard

Irfanview free image viewer and converter supports an extensive list of multimedia formats: photo, audio, video, flash.

VLC media player highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.

Portable GIMP an image editor for photo retouching, image composition and mage authoring.

Free Download Manager full-feature free download manager

Portable Filezilla Mozzila-based FTP client

Portabke Firefox portable version of ;The product of the year 2005;

Portable Thunderbird comprehensive mail client and RSS reader

Removed by Animal. P2P links not allowed on the forum

XAMPP Download, extract and start, you have an Apache server with MySQL, PHP and Perl ready.

Foxit PDF Readerfast pdf reader

ClipX tiny clipboard history manager

Portable OpenOffice free and compatible with all other major office suites

EssentialPIM Portable: U3 compliant Scheduler, To Do List, Notes, Contacts secured with standard AES

Notepad2 is a lite syntax highlighting edior for many common programming languages. Support regular expression.

*** NOTE ***
Some programs with installer require setup at the first time, but after installed, you can copy their folders out to you usb and use.

Can you tell me yours?
I think this site would be appropriate, He has made a few awesome portable programs like making firefox portable, and the site also has heaps of links.
Nice list of programs, but there's also a list of Free Apps available - just check the stickies.

I'm going to -close- this thread to stop spamming, and there are also a few doubled-up entires when you look at the Free Apps thread. I'm fairly sure there'll be a lot of replies that say "thanks" and "nice list".