FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop - How to Cartoonize a Picture?

alkady
Before I used to use my Canon Printer, The Bubblejet 2100 I think to turn pictures in cartoon, Now that the model seems out of production. I am using photoshop, But have no clue how to do it. Can anyone help?
webbers
well, its purely depends on practise, u can use filters in photoshop, mi personal favorites to turn pictures into cartoons are:

COLOURED PENCIL

CUTOUT

Every item included in that SKETCH

note: you can find all thetutorials in pslover.com
dean
There is one program from http://www.acdamerica.com/ its coled canvas x and they have tutorials http://www.acdamerica.com/support-canvas/tutorials/tutorials.html for making some great things .
ocalhoun
I would suggest using adobe illustrator instead, it's much better at such things. I could 'cartoonize' about two large images an hour with it.
Good
I am also learning pic cartoonization, hope can get help from the expert here..
phinguyen
yes industry standards are goin to always be illustrator and photoshop from adobe, but it all depends on how realistic you're going to be cartoonizng yer imagez. i mean if they're gonna be all out of proportion (excuse all my spelling errors) you minus well free hand in illustrator or PAINTER, but if you're gonna be keeping proportions and even animating yer toons, there is this new technique that iz really really cool. Richard Linklater is responsible for this inredible animation style and technique; its called rotoscoping and i'm sure many of you have seen it before. there are commercials alwayz airing here in the states, thers a movie that is done completely in the style called "waking life" and a movie comming out with a more refined style called "a scanner darkly" i reccomend checking out the trailer just to see the evolution of the animation style. anywayz, for color and stuff i would use PAINTER to cartoonize photos instead of industry standards just because of the paint effects can sometimes be more useful than others.