FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Linux?

DimaSafr
guays. i would like to install a linux system. But can not choose one (since there are so many of them), I tryed a few but always would get a problem when installing o trying to operate. if anyone has positive experience please advise. will be very greatful!
kiranaghor
First linux version i used was Red hat 7.2. I ended up with so many problems with it that I almost forgot abt linux.
But then I got to know about Ubuntu Linux. It is really a bold and eazy to use distro and believe me it works!
U can download it from ubuntu website. Latest version is Ubuntu 5.10. It comes with all the softwares u need and u can always install latest updates online. The est thing to do would be experience yourself.
Another useful and eazy to use and eazy to install distro is Suse 10. U can get it from opensuse.org.
I tried it but it does not support mp3 and other codec support just after installation. But u can always get necessary programs from internet and u are done!
Let me know how did everything go!
One more thing Ubuntu can be installed on Macintosh computers too.
AG007
Yeah about Ubuntu.
I want to try ubuntu in my comp. Do you know if there is a way to have Windos XP and Ubuntu installed in the same computer and then decide in each start up of the computer, which OS I want to use.
Exige
I would recommend SimplyMepis! The install is super easy and there are alot of great programs on it.
nevillethenerd
Fedora Core 5 is just out and I've just installed it as a VM and it looks good. very bleeding edge and full of great new stuff. [wait for the purists to wade in and give me a good flaming hahaha Wink ]
Animal
Please use the correct forum (ie. Operating Systems)...

...and please search before posting.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-23119.html

-close-