FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


[*SOLVED*]Decode my message for 45 frih$!





bladesage
Hello, are you feeling lucky today? I have a very special message for you today, I even confused myself with it for a while Smile.

Code:

46531427254950465314274414272814272546535061465314272514272814272564465356594653526014272614272814272564465361465353142725465314272514272814272549566446531427251427281427254246535914273246465314272514272814272566465314272556465362142847142728


I'll answer 2 yes or no questions for each person to give it a shot.

Hint: It will involve you decoding the number, and then figuring out my message
within the line of code.

In reality, it's not that hard or anything. It's still kinda fun, though Razz
Empire
what do I have to do? it makes nooo sense? what do I do?/
Traveller
bladesage wrote:
I'll answer 2 yes or no questions for each person to give it a shot.

Q1: Are the repeated patterns within the number intended to be omitted (i.e. used as markers or a smoke screen)?
bladesage
Each symbol in the decoded number string represents something else, if that's what you're asking.
Blaster
Since I know a secret does that mean i can't use it???
bladesage
Blaster wrote:
Since I know a secret does that mean i can't use it???


Laughing lol, yes it does. I forgot entirely about that, it wouldn't be fair to everyone else.
Blaster
Man that would have been an easy 45 frih$
bogger
does 4 stand for e?

does 2 stand for e?
kany
well the hard thing about it is that you answer yes or no. otherwise it was really simple. All one has to ask was.

What does this string say?
alkady
This is just like trying to decrpyt Krytos, It's not easy.

So my question is,

Give me a clue that will lead me to what I need to know to decode this?
Blaster
no offense i dont' think anyone will get it. Sorry bladesage Sad

We can start a bidding thing on who wants the decoder.
TeenZine
1 under what ever the prize is !
bladesage
alkady wrote:
This is just like trying to decrpyt Krytos, It's not easy.

So my question is,

Give me a clue that will lead me to what I need to know to decode this?


Okay, I'll give you a 1-link clue.

http://javascript.internet.com/passwords

I won't say much more than that, it pretty much gives it away Smile.
bladesage
kany wrote:
well the hard thing about it is that you answer yes or no. otherwise it was really simple. All one has to ask was.

What does this string say?


It says "46531427254950465314274414272814272546535061465314272514272814272564465356594653526014272614272814272564465361465353142725465314272514272814272549566446531427251427281427254246535914273246465314272514272814272566465314272556465362142847142728"
mtorregiani
EL HIEL,# ELITEL # WELORELKS!# WELTELL EL # HOWEL # AELR'EEL # YEL OELU?#

Is that? Pray
dz9c
Hi little elks well how are you?
Is that it? lol I tried
bladesage
mtorregiani wrote:
EL HIEL,# ELITEL # WELORELKS!# WELTELL EL # HOWEL # AELR'EEL # YEL OELU?#

Is that? Pray


Well, that's step 1. You've decoded the string, but you have to solve the other little coding deal there. That much, you must do with your mind, and a bit of logical thinking.
kany
bladesage wrote:

It says "46531427254950465314274414272814272546535061465314272514272814272564465356594653526014272614272814272564465361465353142725465314272514272814272549566446531427251427281427254246535914273246465314272514272814272566465314272556465362142847142728"



Well Thats not what it says. Thats what it counts Surprised
kany
Well here is what that damned decoder think this string means .

EL HIEL,# ELITEL # WELORELKS!# WELTELL EL # HOWEL # AELR'EEL # YEL OELU?#

Well what were you trying to spell though . Are you so bad at english.
bladesage
kany wrote:
Well here is what that damned decoder think this string means .

EL HIEL,# ELITEL # WELORELKS!# WELTELL EL # HOWEL # AELR'EEL # YEL OELU?#

Well what were you trying to spell though . Are you so bad at english.


That's only the first step.

I wrote:
Hint: It will involve you decoding the number, and then figuring out my message
within the line of code.


No, I'm far from bad at spelling. You're talking to the straight-A English student.
Traveller
HI IT WORKS! WELL HOW ARE YOU?#
bladesage
Traveller wrote:
HI IT WORKS! WELL HOW ARE YOU?#


Correct!

I got the first part of the idea from the Deltora Quest book series. Take out all of the "EL"'s in the message. Then, I put in a pound (#) for every space. Besides the last pound that I made by accident, it is exactly correct!

Traveller, you just earned 45 frih$!!
Related topics
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> Contests

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.