FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Loading Pages?

patrick9480
Hi, I am quite new to Web Design and a little bit confused on how to go about creating a loading page for my site. I have made many sites on dreamweaver and flash (my latest creation you can check out at: www.patricktrolan.frih.net) but don't understand the concept of creating a loading page. How do you know how long your site needs to load? In general can someone please give me some advice. Thank you in advance, Patrick
webbers
yes patrick, i got a solution to ur problem. Its in flash.

Use flash actionscript to make pre-loaders(these are called pre-loaders), you can try searching for this keyword in google.

or you can try finding urself a good tutorial in actionscript.org, flashkit.com or kirupa.com for this pre-loaders.

Well all the pre-loaders use the same scripts, you only have to change the movie clip. you will find it easy m sure, best of luck.

Nishant kalia

Web Designer
jayandsilo
I woudln't worry about a preloader for your site, it only takes a few seconds.
patrick9480
Its not for that site its for another site I am currently creating with a rather large file size. Thank you both for your help
photographerguy
I highly reccomend the H.O.T. (Hands On Training) series of books. We use them in class at my school.

I'm just getting into the more complex things. You can set it up with variables in actionscript. You tell it to show a loading page and to display the main site when a certain % is loaded. I am learning to make a master library in a separate file. One of the things it suggests is to have a small entity off the stage and to have it load right away, this lets the external library load in the background while your main page will already be displayed. I am having trouble with some of the more advanced variable stuff, but I like the books I'm learning with.