FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Comments please...

billybob
I have just changed they layout of the home page on www.poxyproxy.com does anybody have any comments or ideas for improving this or anything else about the site?
thanks
ryan
Blaster
I think it looks awesome. Really good Very Happy Hope you get some good hits on that site. Very Happy
billybob
Blaster wrote:
I think it looks awesome. Really good Very Happy Hope you get some good hits on that site. Very Happy

lol thanks, it was doin great untill it went down! over 1,000 uneques per day but now its shot down but i suppose it as only been up one day! I need to let all the old user know we are back in business! any ideas of how to achieve this?
Comrade
Is it down again? I cant open your page...
billybob
Comrade wrote:
Is it down again? I cant open your page...

Confused nooo It’s not down... what’s the problem? Is anyone else experiencing simular problems???
Scorpio
It is working quite well now

Anyway a really good site you ve got there.

keep up the good work bob
billybob
Thanks for the posative comments...but does anybody have any ideas for improvements to the design/layout?

thanks
ryan
Donutey
I think it's a little cluttered on the bottom, and you might want to make the URL form a little more prominent (larger idk)

<echo>Glad to see it's back up.</echo>
Blaster
To be honest it looks fine. The only thing I suggest is maybe just add more free domain names to it. It would be cool if you could make it where it doesnt' leave history on the computer.
thpn
It looks good. And I love it, I use it every Tuesday and Thursday when I get online at school. Very Happy Great job though.
riv
I really agree that you did a good job on your site. It would be awesome if your site didn't leave anything in the browser history, though.
billybob
riv wrote:
I really agree that you did a good job on your site. It would be awesome if your site didn't leave anything in the browser history, though.

All it leaves is the fact that you visited poxyproxy thats it...... I think Confused

and thanks Very Happy Very Happy Tell everyone that I am back online!!!!
faker_phil
Nice Job, even for having the black background/ white text etc.
Tex_Arcana
faker_phil wrote:

Ever wonder why no one goes with like a dark grey background with smoke white text? Laughing maybe someday when I get around to it I'll make that a choice on my web site ala CSS Zen Garden. Maybe it will catch on as the next big design craze. I'm a little tired of seeing black and white with blue banners and accents just about everywhere I go.

Nice job BillyBob (I like that screen name but then I'm from The South), next time I'm on a web terrorism mission I'll be sure to add your site to the list of proxys I use to make my IP untracable. Laughing (that's a joke son, A JOKE)
faker_phil
Didnt mean that was better, I meant that I like a light background with dark text better, doesnt hurt so much on the eyes.
But what the heck, we're young, lets go black&white Wink
budazz
great website proxy site
billybob
Tex_Arcana wrote:
faker_phil wrote:

Ever wonder why no one goes with like a dark grey background with smoke white text? Laughing maybe someday when I get around to it I'll make that a choice on my web site ala CSS Zen Garden. Maybe it will catch on as the next big design craze. I'm a little tired of seeing black and white with blue banners and accents just about everywhere I go.

Nice job BillyBob (I like that screen name but then I'm from The South), next time I'm on a web terrorism mission I'll be sure to add your site to the list of proxys I use to make my IP untracable. Laughing (that's a joke son, A JOKE)

lol ...

and thanks for the nice comments, we have a mixed opion for the colours but what about the layout???
LukeakaDanish
My comment...cool...its a useful site, and you've made sure that all the important tools and documents are very easy to acces...

I do think the visual side of thing *could* be improved though...the way it is now with no "smoothness" i know many people (noobs?) will be "scared" when they enter the site of stuff like viruses and adware - they are likely to hit the back button straight away if they get scared!

Your only graphic seems to be the "logo" header thing...i personally think including a couple of gradients here and there could do wonders for the appearance of your site - and the good thing about gradient is their filesize is minimal!

The page looks ok though...dont get me wrong - i think you've done a good job.
Ankyro
Quote:
Welcome to PoxyProxy, we are a free proxy service that enables you to access websites that are blocked by school, college, work and even perental controls. To help keep this service free please disable any ad blocking software. PoxyProxy also has a active Forum with a helpfull comunity that will try to answer any questions you may have, anything from how to register a domain name to how to find a tax attorney.

Parental. And yeah, the site has a very AstalaVista feel to it. Sure you want a little of that Haxxor vibe, but I would try to make it look a little more legitimate. On the other hand, if they are at school, they arent realy likely to care less about the safety of the computer they are using.

And sweet, a proxy site. I've been looking for one of those.
billybob
Thanks for the comments i shall try make it abit more noob freindly over the weekend!

what do you think should I keep the banner or make a new one....? Rolling Eyes
wumingsden
billybob wrote:
Thanks for the comments i shall try make it abit more noob freindly over the weekend!

I think you should <"center"> the whole page so everything is in the middle rather than down the left-hand side.

Just a thought ...
billybob
wumingsden wrote:
billybob wrote:

I think you should <"center"> the whole page so everything is in the middle rather than down the left-hand side.

Just a thought ...

yeah it is in firefox Confused ... just not in ie Twisted Evil I will have alook, after I have some food! Wink
LukeakaDanish
billybob wrote:

I think thats pretty much up to you - its not really that bad a banner - allthough if the text was a bit cleaner it might be more easy on the eye...

JUst noticed the banner filesize btw...i think this can be compressed to half this size without any visible loss of quality...
billybob
LukeakaDanish wrote:

JUst noticed the banner filesize btw...i think this can be compressed to half this size without any visible loss of quality...

kk i will clean up the banner and optomize the image (note for weekend!!)