FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Request: Please install PHP "pspell" module

Traveller
With the "pspell" module, Frihost users would be able to perform spell checking with the applications they write for their websites. Since security is always a concern of hosts, you'll be glad to know that pspell would allow us to do our spell checking without our having to issue shell_exec() calls to Aspell.

This is NOT a request for spell checking within the Frihost forums (someone else has already posted that as a separate topic), but for something that we would be able to use within our own Frihost-based websites.

Thanks!
Daniel15
Good idea Traveller! Server 1 already has pspell installed, and I think that Bondings was going to instal pspell on server 2 (he was going to install FreeType as well Razz)
Traveller
daniel15 wrote:
Good idea Traveller! Server 1 already has pspell installed, and I think that Bondings was going to instal pspell on server 2 (he was going to install FreeType as well Razz)

Thanks. Of course, I do have an ulterior motive: pspell would greatly simplify the way I would like to implement my site and, therefore, make it easier for visitors to use, even though it would not be the typical application (e.g. not message boards, etc.).
krazycapital
Woohoo! I'd love if both of these were installed. Please and thanks Bondings!
Scorpio
I think this board really needs an alternative atleast.

Some posts get me really PISSED off(with a capital P)

The english and grammar is so bad, that it takes me around 5 minutes trying to solve the mess the poster had made there.
krazycapital
Mine or somebody elses?
n0obie4life
scorpio wrote:
I think this board really needs an alternative atleast.

Some posts get me really PISSED off(with a capital P)

The english and grammar is so bad, that it takes me around 5 minutes trying to solve the mess the poster had made there.

Your English isn't the best.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-13011.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vc-7.html

If you noticed, we have language forums, they have to come here to get support. Why do some people post only in language forums? Because their engilsh aren't good.
Scorpio
krazycapital wrote:
Mine or somebody elses?

Not yours certainly

Quote:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-13011.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vc-7.html

If you noticed, we have language forums, they have to come here to get support. Why do some people post only in language forums? Because their engilsh aren't good.

What exactly are you trying to convey here?

I was trying to say that those whose english is bad/terrible can very well post in the language forums alone and not all over the place.
The speakers of english find it more than difficult

The occasional spelling mistake is tolerable as every one can make it.

But not a post consisting entirely of sh***

Quote:
Your English isn't the best.

I dont need your opinion on my english. Mind your own.
n0obie4life
It's simple.

If you don't want people to comment on yours, don't comment on others. Unless they want you to.

The language forums are not supported by us, we just created them for the sake of people who speak other languages (well, the plan failed, so, we stopped creating more). The forums are moderated by people who speak that language.

The moderators seldom do know complex stuff such as this, so they have to come to this forum to post.

And you don't have to read posts if you don't want to, this forum was created for the staff to help people with problems. If you can't understand, just shut up and don't post nor comment.

Nobody's English is perfect, neither mine, yours, nor Bondings. Unless you can prove to me that your English is perfect, which I won't know how. You'll probably go on world news if your English is the perfect-est.
tidruG
When we have people from all over the world posting on the forums, you can't expect everyone to have perfect grammar and spellings. I think we have had this discussion in a few threads in the past (maybe before you registered, scorpio)... and the general consensus was that for those of us who find it too hard to understand a user's post, just ignore it. There is no point in pointing fingers at another person's post and saying "You're just as bad", just as there's no point in ranting about bad English. (I'm not implying you ranted, scorpio... I'm just stating it generally).

In my opinion, as it is, we have loads of people with statements like "Sorry for my bad English. I'm <<insert nationality here>>"... now, for these members, English is not their first language, and they obviously will not be as good at it as you or me... however, to have them apologize for something that's clearly not their fault seems a little silly to me. And I've definitely seem loads of members whose English has improved by miles over a few months of posting on these forums (I won't take names, though).
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
It's simple.

If you don't want people to comment on yours, don't comment on others. Unless they want you to.

The language forums are not supported by us, we just created them for the sake of people who speak other languages (well, the plan failed, so, we stopped creating more). The forums are moderated by people who speak that language.

The moderators seldom do know complex stuff such as this, so they have to come to this forum to post.

And you don't have to read posts if you don't want to, this forum was created for the staff to help people with problems. If you can't understand, just shut up and don't post nor comment.

Nobody's English is perfect, neither mine, yours, nor Bondings. Unless you can prove to me that your English is perfect, which I won't know how. You'll probably go on world news if your English is the perfect-est.

Whatever!!
mathiaus
closing to stop a war starting Rolling Eyes
-close-

Bondings will still be able to post a reply and may reopen if he sees fit
Bondings
Yes, I will install it, it's just a matter of when and finding some time to do it.