FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I use my mail address?

dwcnps
How do I use my mail address and how many am I allowed to have Question .

I need to know because I do not want to use my personal address.

Can anybody help Question

what is SMTP and POP3 Question
Helios
POP3 and SMTP are protocols.

POP3 is used to recieve e-mails and SMTP is sued to send them.

You can have unlimited amount of email addresses:

name@sub-domain.frih.net
Blaster
and to use it when you go to DA just click on Squril mail or ubie mail. you can also have a forwarder to forward your mail to your main address. Very Happy
dwcnps
Blaster wrote:
and to use it when you go to DA just click on Squril mail or ubie mail. you can also have a forwarder to forward your mail to your main address. Very Happy

So can I use somthing like outlook express to look at my e-mails. and I need how to use it without abbreviations and more explained(english Laughing ).
Daniel15
Quote:
So can I use somthing like outlook express to look at my e-mails. and I need how to use it without abbreviations and more explained

Sure, you can use Outlook Express!

First, create the account using DirectAdmin. More information on creating the account is available at http://www.site-helper.com/email.html

Then, in Outlook Express, go to Tools --> Accounts. Click the 'Add' button, and choose 'Mail'. Then, follow the instructions. Once you get to the step that says 'Incoming mail server' and 'Outgoing mail server', type in mail.frih.net or mail.[yoursubdomain].frih.net. Once you get to 'Account Name' and 'Password', type the email address into the 'Account Name' box, and the password into the 'Password' box.

Then, click on 'Send/Receive', and it should be working! Good luck Very Happy. If you're having problems with sending emails, then set the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)' to your ISP's server (eg. mail.[yourisp])
dwcnps
Thanks
dwcnps
But I can't use it for my profile
Blaster
what do you mean you can't use it in your profile?
dwcnps
Blaster wrote:
what do you mean you can't use it in your profile?

The profile rejects it when I type it in to the e-mail box.