FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online Gamers

Mizzro
I would just like to take a moment to think about the Online Gamers Language.

If you have never noticed, it seems that the Online Gamers have pretty much created their own 'language'.

Some examples:
haxorz
wowzorz
etc
etc
etc

I myself do play a lot of online games, but I think its pretty funny how they have adapted to speak like that. Its also really annoying!

(Oh yah, heres a good quote)

'omfgZ! You hAx! im reporting you to the addmin!'
moonblade
Leet kids are annoying...
alkady
I know how it's like, But thats how it is like when you have to type what you want to say. Its faster than writting the word in full and people get adapted to this anyway, Most Cell Phone user who text alot use slangs or acronym to write longer letters to suit the letter limits.
ChaosMike
It's worse when they bring in their "language" to school.
Some kids at my school just can't stop saying "pwned," "leet" and "noob" every time they open their mouths. These are high school students... Brick wall

It's so frickin annoying and irritating, you just want to kick their ass so they can shutup and keep them from embarassing themselves. Laughing
Toran
An online gamers phrase book would be handy. Anybody feel up to the task?
rightclickscott
Toran wrote:

I've been working on one since January. It's called "The l33t Dictionary: the words, phrases, and cognitations of the online realm."
Lord Kuat
rightclickscott wrote:
Toran wrote:

I've been working on one since January. It's called "The l33t Dictionary: the words, phrases, and cognitations of the online realm."

It should contain the 50,000 acronyms used in every freakin' game as well. "Hey man, you need to bFc the LrmC at the GRC to get the RKLzO in order to..." ect, ect.

And if you don't understand their garble?

"LOLZ, NEWB!!!!"

Rubbish. After playing with my friends online, I can no longer play open. What the hell happens to people? They get a lobotomy online?
Josso
Wtf j00 n00b. Hax0r aimbotz.

Haha yeah. I've never really got into it even after several years of playing halo.
laggy
I've got some here!

L33t
N0oB
HeadShot!
Boon (in otherwords noob)
Haxz0Rs
0wned
pwned

all the same to me. I think Owned is the most anoiying. When there the biggest noob in the game and you've shot them every round and they shot you, Then the suddenly do Owned noob. They then start laughing. Its funny but really Frustrating!
Allstar
It's pretty terrible on socom 3 us navy seals. Children think that they speak the 1337 language. It's kinda fun, but kinda annoying.
rightclickscott
Here is my favorite entry so far:

pwn: (pwned, pwning, pwnage, pwn3d) A spinoff of the word own. It came about when Pizza Hut released the Pizzone for a limited time only, and so people started saying "Are we at Pizza Hut? 'Cause you just got Pizzowned!" aimed towrds the person who got owned instead of just saying "LOL, Owned." After the Pizzone was taken off the market, it was condensed for future use, and then refered to simply as Pwn. However, diehard fans of Pizza Hut still use the archaic terminology of Pizzown.
Darkwind
Very interesting Pizza Hut story... I always thought the term "pwned" came from a typo when trying to type "owned" since the "p" key is so close to the "o" key... At least that is what a friend told me when he did a report on Leet Speak.

Kind of like typing "teh" instead of "the" like in the overused comment "U R Teh Suk!" I like "Pizzoned" better. I did a whole session one night on EQ2 in my guild chat inserting all kinds of crazy screwed up comments. It was funny for all of 12 seconds... Sad
mactox
giev epiek lewt 4 my Sexy Dr00d Very Happy