FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Optimizing a CR-RW Drive

bcnhs81
I have a 2 yr old cd writer and its already showing performance issues.. i cant afford to buy a dvd-rw as of the moment.. I just wana ask if there are softwares that can optimize my cd-rw..btw its a liteon cd-rw..thanks Very Happy
Donutey
no, but you may be able to download a firmware update, however, there is the chance that it may kill the drive in the upgrade process.

Search google for "Firmware update [drive name and model]"
psycosquirrel
Actually, if I recall correctly, Lite-On uses similar hardware in ALL their drives. So the only difference in some of their drives is the firmware.

BUT

You can never make a CD-RW into a DVD-RW. The way the reading/writing works is similar, but too different to just upgrade firmware to get it working.
izcool
Shocked How much money do you have not to buy a DVD burner ? I bought mine (it's a Samsung 8X DL) many months ago at MicroCenter for only $40.00, probably one of the most well-spent money I spent in a long time. I remember buying a CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive for $50.00 sometime before that at a different retailer. Go figure. They still sell them for that cheap if there's one around you.

- Mike.
technology.sponge
u cant reeli 'software optmize' cdrw drives
u can try upping the firmware but that cud do more damage than gud
better jus 2 buy a new dvdrw drive newiz, there only 60 bux