FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are the Forums becoming a "Chat" Channel?

Vrythramax
It seems that many, myself included, are using the Frihost forums as a "Chat" medium. It is indeed a medium to contact others and get your point across...but was it made as such? Are there not other remedies and technologies for conversing with others?

Any thoughts...Please.
Mr Smith
Erm... telephone... email... telephone... forums... erm
Vrythramax
Mr Smith wrote:
Erm... telephone... email... telephone... forums... erm

err...very true Mr. Smith, I mistyped my initial request. I meant is the Forum becoming a proxy IRC channel (much as we are speaking right now)?
mOrpheuS
Vrythramax wrote:
It seems that many, myself included, are using the Frihost forums as a "Chat" medium. It is indeed a medium to contact others and get your point across...but was it made as such? Are there not other remedies and technologies for conversing with others?

Any thoughts...Please.

A forum would differ from a chat room in the length and quality of messages posted - in how well these messages have been thought out before they are posted for public consumption.

And that definition bears striking resemblance to the concept of "quality posts" that we've always tried to promote here at FRIHost.

Sometimes short chat-like conversations cannot be avoided.

The only suggestion I'll make is that we all contribute to make things even better by posting more forum-like, and less chat-like Wink
ocalhoun
Sometimes being chat-like can be good, expecialy in places like the 'computer problems and support' forum. That way the one who is helping can ask pertinent questions and get answers to help solve the problem.