FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help watching videos via streaming!!

Da Rossa
Hi people,
I've been trying to watch my favourite show's videos on its site, www.fox.com/24.

There is a section named "24 inside" that has interviews with the cast & producers. When u click there, you are redirected to a internal page in flash that has the 'animated links', and when you click the links to the videos, a small window of the windows media player opens. So far, everything is good. However the video just doesn't play. It displays the labels: connecting... opening media...ready. And the black background stays.

Is it:
Firefox's fault
Flashplayer's fault
Windows media player's fault?

I've reinstalled wmp. Nothing changed.
Thanks!
smiler49
I have the same problem with firefox so I think it's a problem within Firefox. When I put the same link in IE all works well
Scorpio
Actually some players like that perfectly in IE because it is optimized for it

In a music site, I had trouble loading loading it through firefox but it worked perfectly in IE
budazz
the links is dead....
Da Rossa
The links aren't dead;
I used to play normally with firefox Sad
jayandsilo
I just use ieTab and switch to it when a video or something doesn't work in firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/
varun_dodla
The problem is definitely with firefox ......In my own webpages when I tried inserting Windows media Player Components I sometimes had similar problems when I tried to test those pages in firefox.
Da Rossa
Thanks Varun, Jayan and Smiler!! IeTab solved it! You're great!