FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do You Believe In The "friend Zone"?

down4load
The "friend zone" is somewhat like a point of no return. It's the point where a girl and a guy have become too good friends for the girl to consider a relationship (I've never heard of it being reversed- the guy not considering the girl).

I don't know if I believe in it. I've certainly experienced something like it (several times), but I kind of cling to the hope that it doesn't exist.
Mr Smith
I have been friends with a girl even since kindergarden, that was... 11 years ago. My mum still lets me visit her place on a daily basis (neighbours), and I see and wish nothing goes further than friendship. Everyone calls her bloddy hot, and sexy and all, but I see her as a sister.
Citizen Kane
the way I see it is this:

Women and men can NEVER REALLY be best friends. Because to me there's always this sexual tension between women and men. men will always be men, tending to grab whatever they can get their hands on. always considering an woman. Even if they are in a friendship with that woman.

probably a little black and white, I know,but it helps keep my life from getting complicated.
altikris
i think guys and girls can be friends...as long as neither one of them wants anything further. but it is usually the case that one of them does. sometimes this leads to problems. other times it doesn't. it all depends on the two people. i think more guys are friends with girls and would be more than friends if they got the chance. its just what happens with most guys.
gunnarr
yeah, there is a friend zone, and yup, one can get stuck in it. I knew this fantastic girl who was a dear friend of mine for three years. A few weeks ago, we started dating out and now she's not only a fantastic friend, she's a fantastic girlfriend too. So one needn't to be stuck in the friend-zone, there is always a hope Wink
taurus_just4u
This poem, not mine obviously summarizes the love frienship relationship!
for heaven's light

I saw the night sky clearing
when you spread your rainbow wings
But little did I know
what joy you would bring

From that moment on
a friendship did start
you kissed away my tears
and sheltered my heart

I bless the day God
sent him from above
But then I grew fearful
for I had fallen in love

I told you this feeling
and what did you say?
You said you liked our friendship
and that's how it would stay

I cried for a friendship I thought I lost
But then felt your warm, gentle hand
You then whispered in my ear
that by my side you'll forever stand
ehecatl
In my eyes, the point of a <i>boy</i>friend is a guy, that's a friend, that means the world to you. One whom you can tell everything and anything, one whom you can forgive things and forget them and move on without a hitch. Someone you have both types of chemistry with, someone who you can trust wholeheartedly and dont have to be around 24/7 to make sure they're not doing crap behind your back and stuff like that. To acheive that, you have to be best friends first... That's my opinion. It's never "too late". There <i>may</i> be a "too early" though. I admit that there are some guys whom I can never be more than just friends with, but it has nothing to do with the length of time that i've known them, it's just the kind of relationship I have with them... That's my two cents...
Insanity
I believe that there is a zone in that you can become really good friends, but I think if you're really meant for each other, you can come back out of the zone and love each other.
Spe_eddy
I believe in the zone, because i have been really good friends with this girl for years, and she used to fancy me, but she wasnt that pretty, but then like 6 months ago she suddenly got really hot, she has an awesome body and is the nicest girl i know, she is going out with one of my best friends, i really like her, but i dont think she sees me as more than a friend, although she is always like getting close to me and stuff, and putting her head against myn etc., even when her boyfriend is around, so im thinking she does it to everyone, so i think im going to wait and see if they break up, then see how it goes, what do you guys think?
Spe_eddy
taurus_just4u wrote:
This poem, not mine obviously summarizes the love frienship relationship!
for heaven's light

I saw the night sky clearing
when you spread your rainbow wings
But little did I know
what joy you would bring

From that moment on
a friendship did start
you kissed away my tears
and sheltered my heart

I bless the day God
sent him from above
But then I grew fearful
for I had fallen in love

I told you this feeling
and what did you say?
You said you liked our friendship
and that's how it would stay

I cried for a friendship I thought I lost
But then felt your warm, gentle hand
You then whispered in my ear
that by my side you'll forever stand

Thats a really nice poem, where did you get it from? or did you make it up?
Trapper
I agree. It's tough for guys and girls to be friends. Usually one just wants to be the friend and the other, generally wouldn't mind something a little more. It can work, but overall, the physical and sexual attraction can interfere and clog things up.

I know it can work, but eventually, a guy/girl friendship fades away. I do not know of too many or any that stay strong, particularly after one of both of them gets married.

I had a good friend as a girl in college, but I had no interest in anything more. I understand she could or would have liked more, but also liked our friendship as I certainly did. Likewise, I had a couple good girlfriends after college where I kind of wanted something more and they did not. It lasted a while, but eventually we became further apart.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. It can work, but generally not long term. Although I'm pretty impressed with the guy that's been friends with a girl since he was a little boy. Way to go man. I've never seen it long, long term, but you're doing well.
danito
I think the freind zone is definitely there, But as everone seems to agree there is always sexual tension, I know I've had a couple of really best friend girls, that even after the talk of "ohh it's so nice to feel relaxed and we can talk about anything, and we're so not into each other" sooner or later it ends up in bed together, in the one case that kinda ****** everything up in the other we were just good friens who had sex all the time cos we were both single, it came pretty close to being boyfriend/girlfriend but we both ended up hooking up whth other people and now we really are friends. Very Happy. well at least until one of us is single again. shiiiiiit it never easy.
headoncollision
Did somebody watch "Just Friends" before posting this? =P