FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost web hosting features you wish in the second year

alkutob
Although we join the best hosting community on the web , some of us may have extra hopes and wishes for some features to be added in the second year of Frihost Plans .

So let's express our hopes and may be dreams of what Frihost may be able to offer in the next coming plans .

For me .. I hope to hear about a plan that a member can get more disk space ( in any way that Bondings see it possible ) .

** What do you wish , guys ?
hrtorrent
Better security and backup system... and just a bit more disk space...
desertwind
A bit more webspace, not much, 100 mb will do.
Jeslyn
Security. Stability.
snowboardalliance
Some extra stability, although just existing for a year is pretty awesome.
Some of the little outages are annoying but otherwise I can't really complain.
alkady
Pre-Made Templates to allow FriHost to compete with the Big Boys like Yahoo, Freeweb ect.
dz9c
Little more bandwith, I always fear not having enough bandwith.
Scott
I don't need any more features really, I just want FriHost to keep running as strong as it is. They already give us a huge amount for a free hosting service.

Assiez
What frihost offers is already very impressive, but I wouldn't mind a bit more storage space. However bandwidth is fine for now, I'm not close to using 10gigs a month.
noexes89
1. Frihost should be a big button on the internet that when I press it it gives me money. Like, my computer becomes an ATM and money comes out of it. My house would become a tourist attraction!

2. Frihost should solve world hunger and bring peace between the nations of the wold with it's free hosting goodness. If it achieves any less than this it is a failure, like Google.

3. The reliability and speed of Frihost's servers should continue to improve.

4. Frihost should give me a pony. With rainbows.
Blaster
Frihost is mostly fine as it is. They got the directory up and it is running pretty smoothley. I like the space we have. It is the perfect amount. I think the future should maybe have something like another even better server. It must be fun. Very Happy
photon
i dont want anything extra right now. firhost has been running pretty strongly except for the server crash and the worm attack. and im still using less than 50mb of the space. so i dont think i need extra space for this year..

but it would be great if bondings introduces a system by which users can buy extra space for $frih. it would be nice Smile
silliman
Happy Birthday to the FriHost Team! You're doing a great job. Many thanks for all your hard work and sleepless nights.
[FuN]goku
Maybe raise the webspace to 350 meg Very Happy and add shell access for 1 bg process (for people with 500+ posts Very Happy )
nam_siddharth
I will like 1 GB free space.
Scorpio
Space, as mentioned above, I would like a 100 mb or so more for now, thats enough.

Bandwidth no problem

Service and Support just great

Nothing much, except that it runs smoothly
CWFwrestling
You mean Frihost can actually get better?!

Seriously, probably just a little more disc space and bandwith like the others have said, and a more encompassing CGI-bin.
whplace
I would like:

1 gb space
20 gb bandwitch

Cool eh ?

But i dont want to be gredy. I am happy with what i have.......... But you know ppl do have wishes

LOL i would like 100000000gb space and 10000000 times of that bandwitch ( Kidding ) Wink

whplace
ocalhoun
noexes89 wrote:

4. Frihost should give me a pony. With rainbows.

I want one too!

But really, I don't see why everyone wants more space. My site takes up less than 20Mb, and there are all kinds of big useless files hiding in it's structure.
Lord Klorel
whplace wrote:
I would like:

1 gb space
20 gb bandwitch

Cool eh ?

But i dont want to be gredy. I am happy with what i have.......... But you know ppl do have wishes

LOL i would like 100000000gb space and 10000000 times of that bandwitch ( Kidding ) Wink

whplace

Your idea is to big. If the ask me what i want than is it more diskspace. 500MB disk space would so great because i need to resize my video files so that i don't take too much disk space.
Blaster
Frihost is pretty perfect as is. There is enough space and banwidth. At least you can have unlimited databases and stuff like that. Very Happy
screamingdecay
Not srue but, Maybe alittle more space or bandwidth.

Or Payable upgrades such as 500MB more space for $5.00 a month and such.
Josso
Impressive service already. 250mb is a lot of space for free, just regular forum access but yeah if bondings prepared to go for more - loving it!
Blaster
I belive bondings is trying to not have any one pay. Not so sure though. It wouldn't be fair to those that dont' use/have paypal though.
Bondings
Blaster wrote:
I belive bondings is trying to not have any one pay. Not so sure though. It wouldn't be fair to those that dont' use/have paypal though.

Unless something really changes, we won't be offering any paid plans at all.

Maybe once (in a few years) domain registrations but so many things can happen and change between now and then.

If I do something similar I want to do it 'good' or at least try it that way. Not a small and quick thing for 10 people without any business plan and infrastructure. Wink
Marston
Register_Globals.
e-goods
unlimited bandwitch
CFM
JSP2
myrevolt
I just want for Frihost to stay alive (as opposed to suddenly quietly vanishing as do most free hosting providers).

I very much like Bondings approach and it is my opinion that if you are willing to pay for more space then you should pay for a seperate server to store videos/pictures and link to them from your Frihost account.

I was having a problem running out of diskspace but after resizing my photographs to their web-viewed size as opposed to full resolution 3 megapixel pics (Which are too big to be viewed on a standard monitor anyway), my pages load MUCH faster and I have plenty of server space unused. I'm not even close to the 10gb bandwidth limit, I'm at about 100mb per month, and 90mb of it is my matience/backup/uploading/testing of the site.

Good luck Bondings Smile This year has been fantastic, and I hope Frihost prospers for you Very Happy
Vrythramax
since we are wishing...Cpanel on Server 2.
Blaster
No DirectAdmin is better. I have used both and I think DA is much nicer.
clip
I can only wish a longer life for frihost! Very Happy Man, I can't live without it! Very Happy I wish frihost more power, more members and more ideas for frihost!
[FuN]goku
Vrythramax wrote:
no cpanel on server 2? that sux.. lucky im on 1
n0obie4life
[FuN]goku wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
no cpanel on server 2? that sux.. lucky im on 1

We are sticking with Directadmin. And we're staying with it.

Directadmin is way better.
selim06
May be some more Bandwith and hosting packages like
Plan 1:100mb
Plan 2:250mb
Plan 3:350mb etc...
Jamatu
n0obie4life wrote:

We are sticking with Directadmin. And we're staying with it.

Directadmin is way better.

And cheaper Wink

My wish is that Frihost doesn't up and off one day like alot of free hosts do. Here one day gone the next, no warning no anything.
snowboardalliance
Bondings wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Unless something really changes, we won't be offering any paid plans at all.

Maybe once (in a few years) domain registrations but so many things can happen and change between now and then.

If I do something similar I want to do it 'good' or at least try it that way. Not a small and quick thing for 10 people without any business plan and infrastructure. Wink

That's good. Some free hosts end after they get filled up with accounts that are killing the resources so they move to being a paid host. I think that's how my first or second host stopped.
Bondings
snowboardalliance wrote:
That's good. Some free hosts end after they get filled up with accounts that are killing the resources so they move to being a paid host. I think that's how my first or second host stopped.

That's because those free hosts aren't able to support the hosting in the long term. If you provide features which are way too high, then it's quite obvious that you won't be able to offer them for long. There are other free hosts that offer hosting for a one-time amount of posts. That's fine for a few months, but after a while (a few months or up to a year) they crash, because they don't get any revenue from the hosted users, only from the new ones.
Scorpio
Exactly.

This other site I know, offered 150 mb and cpanel hosting for free

and recently some crazy freak took over and reduced the space to 50 mb

And only one mysql is allowed

the forums suck

you have ads on your pages which stink and crack up your site and loads of other problems

This is by far the best

So thanks to

Steve Bondings/Ballmer/I dont know any other names
babumuchhala
Well my wish list would be that Frihost Keeps Rocking as it did in its first year Very Happy

What i would like to see is a 3rd server added Very Happy, but i dont know the staus of server 2 so cant comments Razz

Also one more thing i would like is better ad integration in the logged in view of forum. But maybe bondings happy with the current earnings Wink
    To all asking more bandwidth & space:
    You must move on, your sites probably too popular now and can afford the payments Rolling Eyes

I would like to see anythings that keeps frihost rolling and rocking for a very a loooooooooooooong time Very Happy
a.Bird
Can you get ads that pay you per click? Is that what your ads already do? I would click a few ads everyday if I knew it meant I could some how contribute to your cause. Thanks for the beautiful free hosting. I've been able to really explore my potential without the worry of a poor investment that I really can't afford to have dragging me down the tubes right now. Full time student, part time worker, making enough money to pay for gas to get to school, etc. I'm sure at least a handful of you guys feel me. Congratulations on being extremely bad ass.
darknez3
How about attaching an eggdrop bot to the package. Eggdrop could be used to hold a public channel, perhaps to further the interest of the many viewers of our websites.
manumiglani
Well, I wish a service with less downtime nothing else.

Blaster wrote:
No DirectAdmin is better.

Certainly Not. Check your facts and stats.
Blaster
I have used both of them. The only thing cPanel has is Fantastico. It is really messy and doesn't look nearly as nice as DirectAdmin.
manumiglani
Blaster wrote:
I have used both of them.

You are saying this as if you are the only one who have used both of them. I am using both of them for quite a while. It may be your personal factor that you think Direct Admin is better or may be you like its price (cheaper than Cpanel). But for average user out there, cpanel is a lot lot better than Direct Admin.
Jamatu
manumiglani: It's based on personal preference, some people like the cPanel interface better some people like Direct Admin. There's no point arguing about it Smile

In my opinion we should use Direct Admin, it's by far cheaper and gets the job done. I won't go into advantages and disadvantages though, I don't want to take this thread even more off-topic. Wink
Scorpio
manumiglani wrote:
Blaster wrote:
I have used both of them.

You are saying this as if you are the only one who have used both of them. I am using both of them for quite a while. It may be your personal factor that you think Direct Admin is better or may be you like its price (cheaper than Cpanel). But for average user out there, cpanel is a lot lot better than Direct Admin.

fair point actually

for the no0bie out there cpanel gives a great GUI and eye catching installation without doing much work

But Da is best for the advanced user and moderately better users.

But I go with DA always
windval
i hope Frihost may be here forever

this is my wish
n0obie4life
Quote:
for the no0bie out there cpanel gives a great GUI and eye catching installation without doing much work

scorpio, what does this have to do with me? Yes, I am a DA supporter.

It's way easier to create accounts on it and all that. Neat interface.

I don't bear grudges against DA nor cP. If I had a choice, I'd take Directadmin. If I had none, I'll just take whatever I have (cP, DA, Plesk..).
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Quote:

scorpio, what does this have to do with me? Yes, I am a DA supporter.

It's way easier to create accounts on it and all that. Neat interface.

I don't bear grudges against DA nor cP. If I had a choice, I'd take Directadmin. If I had none, I'll just take whatever I have (cP, DA, Plesk..).

Hey I did not mention you there.

I am seeing your name in the forums so often that I post that word everytime I have to post (newbie)

But you must have noticed it is missing an 'o' Technically its not your name Wink

PS: That is my 911 post. Coincidence?
And I hit 1900 Frih Bucks
babumuchhala
scorpio wrote:
What the hell do u do man. All i see u is Post post post all day on frihost Razz Are u cometing with n4l on who posts more evryday Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
roeenoy
i just want the service will not change

we have enough MB and enough badwi..

just dont take money

thank you frihost
Dezrok
My wish is to get my site accepted, after that all I wish is for the site just to stay stable, that's all..
n0obie4life
babumuchhala wrote:
scorpio wrote:
What the hell do u do man. All i see u is Post post post all day on frihost Razz Are u cometing with n4l on who posts more evryday Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

And contributes to Frihost with better things Smile.
EVILSKAAP
Yeah Frihost is really awsome! Although i dont have a site up i have a few scripts that im debugging,to get them to work like they should! But if things go well maybe in a weeks time i might have one up in a weeks time! THANKS YOU ARE THE BEST! some hosts are really $**+ and dont have support. I deleted all my other accounts,but i still get notices of new features! THAT FRIHOST ALREADY HAS!
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
scorpio wrote:

And contributes to Frihost with better things Smile.

..just like me.

Maybe not comparable to moi, but just OK all the same'
elyo-luk
Better security and backup system, more space....

Only this!! because frihost is very very good free hosting!!!
[FuN]goku
scorpio wrote:
Exactly.

This other site I know, offered 150 mb and cpanel hosting for free

and recently some crazy freak took over and reduced the space to 50 mb

And only one mysql is allowed

the forums suck

you have ads on your pages which stink and crack up your site and loads of other problems

This is by far the best

So thanks to

Steve Bondings/Ballmer/I dont know any other names
so true... id say frihost is the best. alot of other ones with alot off space or cpanel put ads on...
cfackler
Keep up the good work and stay around. It's a great free host.
faker
keeping up with all the good work will do.... frihost is already offering a really good deal. keep it up frihost!
alkutob
Bondings wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:

That's because those free hosts aren't able to support the hosting in the long term. If you provide features which are way too high, then it's quite obvious that you won't be able to offer them for long. There are other free hosts that offer hosting for a one-time amount of posts. That's fine for a few months, but after a while (a few months or up to a year) they crash, because they don't get any revenue from the hosted users, only from the new ones.

You are right Bondings

Last Friday one of the free hosts deleted all members domains with just an easy announcement

Quote:
Free Web Hosting Discontinued.

This free host was offering 300 - 1000 Mb . and in a moment all members dreems were lost .

When I asked one of the moderators here about his opinion about this free host he said

Quote:
(note that it says that its 100% uptime for all accounts; this is a lie, no server can run 100%).
I am also a little wary of the actual concept of it all, you have to get a certain amount of posts in order to recieve a better package. in my opinion this is not good because it simply has to stop somewhere, it may also encourage posts that aren't worthwhile on the forums

yes I think he was right about that it simply has to stop somewhere ...and that is exactly what had happened.

And they are now about to move to a paid host .

God bless you Frihost
500M SPACE IS OK
raman
Frihost has pretty much everything I need so far, but anything more is always better Cool
ltmas
I think free domain name registration would be awesome!!! I don't know if this would even be possible?
Bondings
ltmas wrote:
I think free domain name registration would be awesome!!! I don't know if this would even be possible?

Domains cost money. There is a fixed cost of something like 6.50$ for everyone, and then you still need to pay your own costs for registering the domain, that's why the cheapest domains are 7-10$. Everything below that is sold with a loss, in the hope that you buy some additional services like hosting or other features.
NjRocket
i just hope that this forum and hosting service stays here. Seems like other ones drop the ball on things. I was with profusehost.net...it was the best deal ever lol. It was free hosting, 1gb storage and 100gb bandwidth. I think it lasted less than a year and it shut off without a notice. Hosting services can't afford to give that much out like bondings said.
jongoldsz
I think Frihost already offers alot of services, so my only suggestion is upgrade security when ever new threats appear.
7gts-scout
1. better security(anti HACKER, etc..)
2. offer FREE DOMAINS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
3. add "pre-script"(mambo,phpbb,etc.) on server 2
4. more diskspace
5. unlimited bandwitdh
6. no posting requirement... Twisted Evil
Summer
bandwidth needs money and frihost need posting requirements so tat it wont host sites for inactive members . am i right?
alkutob
7gts-scout wrote:
4. more diskspace
5. unlimited bandwitdh

Domains cost money

Read what Bondings had written about this in the above posts

thank you
xorcist
7gts-scout wrote:
4. more diskspace
5. unlimited bandwitdh

But then people would just get there free hosting and Frihost will get nothing in return and Unlimited Bandwitch people would just be hosting big files for people to download.