FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can you outsmart your foot?

ml
Try this experiment:

1. While sitting down, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles with it.

2. See if you can keep your foot going in clockwise circles as you use your right hand to draw the number "6" in the air.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
oneightwo
more 'can you control your foot?' but, no, i couldn't... Sad
Idoru
Well, beeing a stubborn dude I made it at last, but not for long, n' it wasn't easy Evil or Very Mad

But fun Rolling Eyes
xorcist
I saw this one one website when I tried it the first times I couldn't do it but after I while I did it we were doing this in school thing to see if you have absolute control of your body and left brain and right brain things.
mOrpheuS
The trick is to draw the number "6" going clockwise as well.

That is, draw the "6" inside out.

Like this :

You have got to love loop-holes Wink
Blaster
wow i never even thought of that. Good find there mOrpheuS Very Happy

I will try it later. no time now Confused
Code of Ruin
Well maybe I am just weird but I don't have any problems with doing so.
Scorpio
mOrpheuS wrote:
The trick is to draw the number "6" going clockwise as well.

That is, draw the "6" inside out.

Like this :

You have got to love loop-holes Wink

Good one there Morpheus..

You are not Junior Admin for nothing Wink
HoboPelican
Dang, that was surprisingly difficlut Confused I tried it with the "normal" six first, since I wanted to see the effect. Like Idoru, I am stubbon and eventually could do it, but it is a no brainer using the loophole Cool

Has everyone tried the mind/body trick where you cross your arms, bend them vertical and have someone indicate a random finger to move? You have to really cocentrate to be able to do it.

I know that description sucked, but if you ever did it, you'd know. If not, here is the long version.

1. Hold arms straight forward.
2. rotate wrists until thumbs point down.
3. Cross the left arm over the right.
4. Hold hands, interlocking fingers.
5. Now bend your arms down and around past your chest and chin.
6. With your contorted arms pointing upwards, have someone point, not touch, a finger.
7. Try to raise ONLY that finger.

Fun with the human body!
meet in rio
I gave up on the foot thing after about 45 seconds. I never knew my foot had a mind of its own.

Got the finger one down, though Wink .
h5n1clan
You can do it if you take it slow, also can you have your hands in front of your chest and have them spinning in opposite directions. As in one hand is going clockwise and the other is going counter clockwise. If you do it right, itll be just as hard as this one
crdowner
There must be more to the spinning hands in opposite directions. I had no problems with this task.

I definitely experienced the effects of the spinning foot and the number six though.
h5n1clan
For the spinning hands thing ill draw something out soon once i get the time, but yah it should be pretty hard, most people cant get it
Cuhrir
that was tough at first, but i did jsut give up and just decided to draw the 6 the clockwise way Razz
rightclickscott
I did it while at the same time counting the seconds until I could get it write. It was 16 seconds. You can do amazing things while your not drunk!
silvermesh
the whole process of writing 666 in the air while making a circle in the air feels like I'm performing some sort of demonic summoning ritual.
ocalhoun
Odd, I found it absurdly easy. I guess I'm just more used to controlling supposedly uncontrolable portions of my mind.
For example I have used my subconsious to store test answers and I've made pain feel good.
dz9c
ocalhoun wrote:
Odd, I found it absurdly easy. I guess I'm just more used to controlling supposedly uncontrolable portions of my mind.
For example I have used my subconsious to store test answers and I've made pain feel good.

Same here, I found this very easy and not difficult at all.
screamingdecay
I do think I have done this in one of my math classes before, it also applys to think harder to do it Razz

Anyway, it must be easy to do it somehow.

You also just

1) Slow down a bit
2)
Stop for .4 of a second and think fast
3) Give up
4) be retarted like me and give up Sad
Josso
Hehe fun... I look like a weirdo though doing that.
Blaster
It was simple. Piece of cake. Really funny too. Laughing
alkady
Darn, I can't control the little ----, Noooooooo!
Blaster
LOL.

When i did it i did it 3 times Razz

How can you not do that it is soooo easy
alkady
Blaster wrote:
LOL.

When i did it i did it 3 times Razz

How can you not do that it is soooo easy

I guess I was never fit for physical activities.
h5n1clan
Ask your friends and if they cant do it, it will really bother them
Duncan Idaho
Took me a minute, but I managed. I drew the 6 starting from the top point. Anyone done that?
myrevolt
haha this is sweet. I can't do this without cheating. Although I can draw the 6 the normal way but only if I begin with the finger and then begin the foot. I hadn't realized my foot could be controlled with my fingers (hmm wonder if it can improve my running style Twisted Evil )

I am able to do the hold foot in air for 60 sec. test for alchohol no problem.

Further I can carry a container of water or coffee or a plate of food without spilling (my sis spills coffee on herself Confused ) but I'm not skilled enough to actually drink it while walking Rolling Eyes But at least I don't spill a drop Wink
StefanK
Piss Wink i did it real easy lyk
Juparis
I felt and looked like an idiot there for a second, but I got it on my second try.. I don't think I should have counted it, but I'm too tired to try any harder. Wink

The only thing I haven't been able to accomplish (even with stubborn attitude) is to drink a cup of water whilst running (after at least a mile of running). Happens all the time during Cross Country season, when idiots hand out water and I'm even more of an idiot to take it--I always end up choking and coughing for a bit before giving up and throwing the water all over myself.
eku53ru
I think I read about this trick somewhere, but it must have been a while ago since I can't remember the source (perhaps it was Zoom?). I tried to "outsmart" my foot several times, and I just ended up failing; gotta love how the brain works/wires functions, eh?

I tried this with my left foot and also had not much of a result. If I switched the feet around (right hand with left foot and so forth), it'd work.
Juparis
eku53ru wrote:
I tried this with my left foot and also had not much of a result. If I switched the feet around (right hand with left foot and so forth), it'd work.

If memory serves, I believe the two lobes of the brain--left and right--control the opposite sides of the body. So it's much easier for each lobe to concentrate on one monotonous direction/movement. But to give one lobe the control for too opposing directions is too much for most people. Not unless they go incredibly slow, and even then it's a bit wobbly (at least for me it was). Very Happy
[FuN]goku
ml wrote:
Try this experiment:

1. While sitting down, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles with it.

2. See if you can keep your foot going in clockwise circles as you use your right hand to draw the number "6" in the air.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
did it xD i outsmarted my foot
jaysen
Well great... now my daughter thinks I've gone mental... she walked into the room while i was trying it. She didn't even stick around for an explaination....
Yazz
DAMMIT!

I try and I try, but I just can't outsmart my damn foot...

It's always a step ahead of me.

-Yazz