FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'd love ASP.NET support

mirzapirza
It's a Linux server?

http://www.mono-project.com/Mod_mono

Pretty please? You'd get a wider audience for your services.. and I'm dying to try ASP.NET through mono!
kv
looks like a good alternative for IIS. And it is a server. So handling sessions must be much easier than PHP.
mirzapirza
Any words from the authorities - admins, moderators?
Bondings
It will most likely cause a higher server load.
mirzapirza
Well.. Yes, of course it will. So does having PHP, or any other feature. So does accepting more users.

Hmm?

Do you believe it will cause an unproportionally high load? If so, why?
WickedGravity
A massive server load depending on the scripts and programs that were run.

Plus, PHP is a better way to handle things in my opinion.

I am not the boss, but I vote no in the end.
Helios
and i'd like a WAP support.. but nooooooooooooooo
mirzapirza
WickedGravity.. massive? I didn't think so, but I might be wrong. Please explain.

I say it couldn't hurt to try. Mono is a serious and pretty mature project. .NET is state of the art technology and it isn't bound to the windows platform or IIS in any way. And you probably wouldn't have that many actually using it (as it seems that most people use it professionally and therefore don't need free hosting such as this) so you wouldn't have to worry about any run-away server loads..
Bondings
mirzapirza wrote:
WickedGravity.. massive? I didn't think so, but I might be wrong. Please explain.

I say it couldn't hurt to try. Mono is a serious and pretty mature project. .NET is state of the art technology and it isn't bound to the windows platform or IIS in any way. And you probably wouldn't have that many actually using it (as it seems that most people use it professionally and therefore don't need free hosting such as this) so you wouldn't have to worry about any run-away server loads..

Everything you add to a server, will always mean a higher resource usage. In this case, those modules will occupy more ram, imo.