FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

School Sends Kids to Closed Amusement Park

glennesau
Quote:
RENO, Nev. - Four bus loads of students from O'Brien Middle School made the four-hour trip to Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo, Calif., only to find the amusement park's gates locked Monday. The school-sponsored trip was supposed to reward top students.

"It was pretty much a fiasco," said Washoe County School District spokesman Steve Mulvenon. "They ended up wasting a day that those kids could have better spent in class or doing what they were going to do at the park."

School officials said the $50 fee will be refunded, and the tour company that arranged the trip has agreed to pay for the next one. "The tour company neglected to check the schedule," Mulvenon said.

"It is just a bummer for the kids," said parent Jeff Wood. "Now, they will have to wait another month to go and a lot of the kids might not be able to go then."

Principal Scott Grange said the school was even given printed tickets with Monday's date on them.

"But shame on us for not checking," he said.

--------Comcast.net Strange news "where else?"

All I can say is always call a head to see if the place is open. I don't see why some of the kids might not be able to go. Just becayse they might not be top students in a months time, it's not their fault. I say that they should all be able to go. It's not really fair to not let them go. I would be really upset if it was me.
clownFart
lmao, I wish I was there to see there faces!
ralphbefree
What a great lesson to teach the "top students": Check Your Details because (and I quote Donald Trump) "life sucks" if you don't. At least the story wasn't followed by another story of how a bus load of honor students declared mutiny and started a riot Smile
Blaster
That is wrong. I can't even say how wrong that is. They should have told them it was going to be closed. That sucked to be them kids.
alkady
Well atleast they got a chance to go to a amusement park, At my school Top Students are rewarded with a movie screen in the auditorium and then a brunch.
damj
Oh that sucks ... I'm visualized the Griswold family as they drive up to the gate of Wally World in "National Lampoon's Vacation".
cfackler
Sounds like something my highschool would do....
schudder
They don't even reward top students where I come from, so...

But yeah, how dumb can you be to not even check ahead to make sure the park is open. That's just... gah.