FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Directory submissions opened

Bondings
Discussion about this announcement.
ocalhoun
What are the twelve catagories?
Or do we even need to specify a catagory?

[edit]Now the catagories are easy to find. My bad for replying so soon![/edit]
dz9c
Ha what a way to earn frih$ lol...I will submit mine when it gets accepted in the near future
Marston
Wouldn't it be more logical to finish the new design (assuming that one will ever get finished Wink) before creating new sections?
Blaster
it isn't working for my domain Confused It is saying domain is invailed. Sad
ocalhoun
Blaster wrote:
it isn't working for my domain Confused It is saying domain is invailed. Sad

error wrote:
This domain is not valid. Please choose another one.

I know how you feel...
What's up with that?
Has anyone succesfully registered? What domain did you use?
Blaster
I told bondings about it. I think something is wrong. So we must wait....
Bondings
It should be fixed now. I apparantly didn't upload the latest version of the template causing the domain variable not to be recognized and hence the request rejected because the domain was to short/empty. My apologies for this, it is getting very late for me. Wink

Edit, Blaster requested, so it should work fine now. Very Happy
Blaster
Yea it works now. Thanks for all of that help. I think i may have been the first to sign up Very Happy

Edit: I was the first to register. I feel happy. Very Happy
Scorpio
I have requested for one.

Hope to get it soon
nam_siddharth
I have submitted my request for directory service. I was waitting long for this service.
n0obie4life
nam_siddharth wrote:
I have submitted my request for directory service. I was waitting long for this service.

Hope you like it.

By the way, please do not give us crappy descriptions, I'll be glad to reject them as usual.
exarkun
Can anyone give me a description of what actually is the service about? Rolling Eyes
xorcist
exarkun wrote:
Can anyone give me a description of what actually is the service about? Rolling Eyes

You basically can advertise your webiste that you have hosted on Frihost in this Directory. You pay 50FriH and you get it in the directory. People look at the directory to find sites sometimes and if they looking for your site category they click your link and you have another visitor to your site.
Blaster
Bondings said for the first month or what ever it is free Very Happy

@ n0obie you are not going to be rejecting my sumission anytime soon. Wink
Now to wait untill bondings gets the sites and starts listing them.

Very Happy
Bondings
Blaster wrote:

I'll be starting the coding for the actual directory pretty soon. I'll provide more details about it once it's ready.

The requests for listing will be free till the end of the month or a bit longer. You only need to request once.
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:
Blaster wrote:

I'll be starting the coding for the actual directory pretty soon. I'll provide more details about it once it's ready.

The requests for listing will be free till the end of the month or a bit longer. You only need to request once.

Does this mean I wont be losing 50 Frih$?
n0obie4life
You won't use it as long as you have subscribed during this month.
nam_siddharth
Very Happy Very Happy My website is added on frihost directory. Thanks frihost. Thanks n0obie4life. Very Happy Very Happy
godam64
Nice... Very Happy
i hope it's search engine bot friendly and have good pagerank soon. so we can get nice google page rank too shared by the directory.

good luck with the new project Wink .
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
You won't use it as long as you have subscribed during this month.

Oh Thank you..

By the way, how can a submission like this improve our pagerank or something

It is NOT a direct link. and google only scans for direct links.

If there is a redirect like in here, your pagerank will NOT improve

You will of course get more visitors through the links but that is about it
Helios
When I'll actually see my site in the directory?
Scorpio
I am seeing mine right now..

I applied around 12 hours ago.

Mine is visible for a few hours now
Helios
I've recieved the PM few hours ago..
babumuchhala
I am in the directory list

n0obie4life wrote:
By the way, please do not give us crappy descriptions, I'll be glad to reject them as usual.
OH no, one has to give a description that pleases n4l too, as if getting a good description wasnt going to be enough

@godamn64 & scorpio
You page ranking will benifit a bit, or i should say visitors will increase for sure. And since frihost has a PR of just 5/10, so dont expect your PR to gor through the roof. Also content does matter

@Bondings why only one subbmission per account, why not more. I have a forum and blog so why not allow more subbmissions. Especially since you are charging FRIH$s 50 as a one time submission fee.

Also what if I want to change my domain name or say completely change the listing entry.
Helios
Only 50 frih? Razz
babumuchhala
Helios wrote:
Only 50 frih? Razz
OH ya u heard it right.

I do thinks too less, since now one can get as much as 4 FRIH$s per post compared to what we used to get a measy 2 or if the post was ultra long then 3 almost a year ago.

So the bottom line is, at the current rate of earnings FRIH$ 50 is waaaaaaaaaay tooooo less. Make it atleast FRIH$ 100/submission, thats because i want multiple submissions enabled Razz
Helios
200 Frih at least!
Bondings
@babumuchhala, multiple submissions (maybe something like 3) are something I will certainly think about. However it creates the problem of having to check for duplicate domains/websites and can create unhealthy competition for other websites.

@godam64, it's not meant to be search engine friendly. It wouldn't be a good idea to link to hundreds of websites on the same ip-range (c-class), certainly with quite a few sites linking back to Frihost. And google is becoming very strict on this. A link from a banned website wouldn't help you either. Also, the clicks are counted and there is no way to do that with a direct link.
Even if you won't get any pagerank, search engines will crawl and count the link. Also, the url will be displayed on the page, and some search engines (msn) count that one as a normal link.

@Helios, I currently only finished a small part of the index page, the rest should follow soon.
Blaster
And mine is first Very Happy

It is looking a lot better now that you actually have sites there.
Marston
Just to spoil things - all of the links have the nofollow rel attribute. Don't expect a Google page rank increase from the FriHost directory.

Bit of a jip... Crying or Very sad
nam_siddharth
My website is under Top 10 (7th position).
Blaster
and mine is first. Razz

I have a questiong about the top10 how is that going to work. Is it just going to stay like that or go by most page hits?
Bondings
Marston wrote:
Just to spoil things - all of the links have the nofollow rel attribute. Don't expect a Google page rank increase from the FriHost directory.

I might remove that attribute, but the links aren't direct so you won't get any pagerank. Google doesn't like links to websites on the same ip-address, certainly not if there are a lot of them. I don't want to risk being banned.
n0obie4life
Don't do it if you might get banned Bondings..
babumuchhala
A few question remain Unanswered:

1. What about edditing?
    I already want to do a very tiny edit in my forums description Laughing

2. How does the Top 10 Work currently?
    Have the current top 10 been put up by you or is it based on the actual hist they have recieved Rolling Eyes

3. What about the pricing?
    Most of us here feel the prices have been kept too low Sad

I dont mind a "follow" or "no follow", as long as it keeps getting us visitors I am happy with it. I suppose the inflow of traffic will automatically result in increased PRs Very Happy
Scorpio
Quote:

I dont mind a "follow" or "no follow", as long as it keeps getting us visitors I am happy with it. I suppose the inflow of traffic will automatically result in increased PRs Very Happy

Thats what I want.

But the procedure to keep it in the top 10 is what i want to know.
n0obie4life
babumuchhala wrote:
What about edditing?
I already want to do a very tiny edit in my forums description Laughing

Currently, you can PM a moderator/admin who manages accounts (me, Gurdit, mathiaus, morp, bondings, and i think i forgot some) and we'll change it as accordingly.[/quote]

babumuchhala wrote:
What about the pricing?
Most of us here feel the prices have been kept too low Sad

They will be increased if we deem fit Wink
Bondings
scorpio wrote:
Quote:

Thats what I want.

But the procedure to keep it in the top 10 is what i want to know.

The directory is currently being built. You'll get more details when it's finished. It will be based on a 'bidding' system.

n0obie4life wrote:
Currently, you can PM a moderator/admin who manages accounts (me, Gurdit, mathiaus, morp, bondings, and i think i forgot some) and we'll change it as accordingly.

You forgot a lot of them tbh. Also, you aren't able to change it at the moment, unless while handling the request. People who want to change their descriptions will have to wait a bit. Also, I don't think one word is enough to justify a change. Wink
babumuchhala
Hmm... bondings instead of sheding light you put more questions in our mind Razz

What kind of bidding??? The more i pay the higher i go Shocked

Usually top 10 means the top 10 sites accessed via the directory or so, but then.... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Also, I don't think one word is enough to justify a change. Wink
Well that change in one word cand make my forums sound a lot more international Very Happy
Blaster
babumuchhala wrote:

1. How does the Top 10 Work currently?
    Have the current top 10 been put up by you or is it based on the actual hist they have recieved Rolling Eyes

I am wondering the same thing. Can someone answer this?
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:

1. How does the Top 10 Work currently?

I am wondering the same thing. Can someone answer this?

Its based on a kind of links-per-click system. The more times your site is accessed on the Directory page the higher the chance of your site being in the Top Ten. Due to the fact that its not yet finished is why there is no formal information on it.
Blaster
ok that is pretty cool I like it. But can't people just keep clicking on it and make it up into a higher rank?
Bondings
Blaster wrote:
ok that is pretty cool I like it. But can't people just keep clicking on it and make it up into a higher rank?

No, clicks do not and won't change your listing. Sorry for the confusion. It would be really easy to get your website to the top 10 that way. The clicks are an indication of how many visits you got from the directory.

The websites will be ranked by a bidding process. You will be able to bid frih$ for a higher placement every month. You will get more details about this when the first version of the directory is finished.
Blaster
Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds pretty cool. Good thing i have a lot of frih Very Happy
babumuchhala
Blaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds pretty cool. Good thing i have a lot of frih Very Happy
I suppose i have enough FRIH$s too Very Happy

But if this bidding system, gets too hot we might loose it quite fast Razz
Blaster
Yea good point. Not if you post a lot. That would be a good idea to get more people to post too. Very Happy
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
Yea good point. Not if you post a lot. That would be a good idea to get more people to post too. Very Happy

Note that there is a difference between usual posts and quality posts Blaster. Frihost would like most of the latter although we realise that both are needed.
Indyan
Ahh.. finally! It is here. Very Happy
Scorpio
wumingsden wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Note that there is a difference between usual posts and quality posts Blaster. Frihost would like most of the latter although we realise that both are needed.

Of course that is right.

But the best way to earn money here and the fastest is by means of accepting ads or by offering and doing quality services.

Take dz9c as an xample .

So that is the fastest way to riches here.

Or by being a moderator and modifying your frih buck Wink
Blaster
wuming is not one of them that would modify his frih bucks.

Also you would be smart to enter contest and save frih bucks. Not spend them on silly things.
babumuchhala
scorpio wrote:
Well moderators on Frihost dont have that privelage (thats as far as i know Very Happy)
Blaster
Yes they do. n0obie said it in 1 post. I forget the post though
Donutey
Frih have two uses now:

Paying for Sigs/Sig Advertisements
and
Advertising your site
Mr. Green Mr. Green

Thanks for adding my site to the directory so quickly!
wumingsden
babumuchhala wrote:
scorpio wrote:
Well moderators on Frihost dont have that privelage (thats as far as i know Very Happy)

Moderators do have the ability to edit the Frih$ amount although I'm not one to abuse it, and nor do I think anyone else would be.
heady233
Bondings wrote:
Blaster wrote:

No, clicks do not and won't change your listing. Sorry for the confusion. It would be really easy to get your website to the top 10 that way. The clicks are an indication of how many visits you got from the directory.

The websites will be ranked by a bidding process. You will be able to bid frih$ for a higher placement every month. You will get more details about this when the first version of the directory is finished.
Bondings, is that a new signature, Because Google Isn't Big Enough, I like it Laughing .
Bondings
heady233 wrote:
Bondings, is that a new signature, Because Google Isn't Big Enough, I like it Laughing .

I changed it like a month ago (or just a few weeks) from the one in your signature to this one, so you can call it "relatively" new. Wink
heady233
Bondings wrote:
heady233 wrote:

I changed it like a month ago (or just a few weeks) from the one in your signature to this one, so you can call it "relatively" new. Wink
Sorry I took yours.
n0obie4life
babumuchhala wrote:
scorpio wrote:

We do. But no one has abused it.

I don't know why, but people seem to link me with cash mod abusing, somehow.

I earnt all my FRIH$ legitly through donations by Frihost members, my phpBB services and other stuff.
Blaster
I can belive that you dont' n0obie. But the point of bondings charging frih is to get you to post. ( That is what i belive at least) So it is all fair to mods. I know that they never use that button.
TeenZine
Can we suggest changes at a later date.
n0obie4life
TeenZine wrote:
Can we suggest changes at a later date.

Yes, you'll be able to request for changes [to your directory entry] later.
LostOverThere
Hey Cool!

50FRIH$ Seems a good amount to me.
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
scorpio wrote:

I earnt all my FRIH$ legitly through donations by Frihost members, my phpBB services and other stuff.

Of course.
We know better than to blame our mods.

All the mods are fair.

Though I did notice a couple of mods havent logged in, like for about a month and the other junior admin has disappeared(not morph)
vlnjodie
This is great. Always looking for a way to blow some Fri$. A directory will really give a greater sense of community than before. Thanks for the hard work, I'm going to go submit my site.
Scorpio
Thanks to the directory my site is listed second..

Thats really cool.

Finally the damned googlebot crawled my site.

I am on number 3 on google and 1 on msn and nowhere to be found on yahoo!

Gotta get to number 1 in google
n0obie4life
vlnjodie wrote:
This is great. Always looking for a way to blow some Fri$. A directory will really give a greater sense of community than before. Thanks for the hard work, I'm going to go submit my site.

You'll have more places to blow your FRIH$ at next time Wink

@scorpio, congrats on getting third Razz
wumingsden
scorpio wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Of course.

All the mods are fair.

Though I did notice a couple of mods havent logged in, like for about a month and the other junior admin has disappeared(not morph)

Note that no-one has "disappeared", although one person is known to be non-active. ALL Mods/Admins have their status hidden most of the time, I'm currently hidden right now and when have you even noticed Bondings online ?
Scorpio
wumingsden wrote:
scorpio wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Of course.

All the mods are fair.

Note that no-one has "disappeared", although one person is known to be non-active. ALL Mods/Admins have their status hidden most of the time, I'm currently hidden right now and when have you even noticed Bondings online ?

I dont mean HIDDEN here.

Of course I know that you, no0bie, bondings are hidden.

I meant that they have not logged in a month or so.
Blaster
http://www.frihost.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10

If you look at bockmen he is currently on a breack. So he didn't disapeer. There are people that seem like they dont' post the amount that they should but i am not saying who i am thinkging about *cough*n0obie4life*cough* Razz
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:

If you look at bockmen he is currently on a breack. So he didn't disapeer. There are people that seem like they dont' post the amount that they should but i am not saying who i am thinkging about *cough*n0obie4life*cough* Razz

Currently N4L is less active than usual, but still active. You may think that "There are people that seem like they dont' post the amount that they should" but there is a lot of work to do outside of the public eye as well having our own lives. Also post count doesn't really mean anything, its the quality not quantity.
Donutey
the CIA will never find the evidence!!!
Blaster
You wern't supose to tell people that. Now i have to go beat everyone.

*goes to bid over mathias*

Ok now i am on top again. Very Happy
Donutey
Blaster wrote:
You wern't supose to tell people that. Now i have to go beat everyone.

*goes to bid over mathias*

Ok now i am on top again. Very Happy

lol I was wondering why there wasn't anybody talking about it... Rolling Eyes
Blaster
I dont' want to lose all my frih off the bat. You weren't supose to let people know about it.
Donutey
ahhh the CIA is going to come after me ... again!! Rolling Eyes
babumuchhala
So now the bidding process is in place (although the person on top is not the highest bidder Rolling Eyes ) in the top 12 list for some reason.

A few questions:

1. What if my bid is not enough to make it to the top 12, will my FRIH$s be refunded ???
    I hope so because bidding means you pay only when you are the highest Very Happy

2. When will multiple entries to the directory entries be started.???
    Since each subbmission will be screened by a mod, I dont think duplication of websites be anyproblem.

3. What if I want to bid more???
    Also I think one should be able to see how much one has bid for his site in his account page itself Smile
n0obie4life
wumingsden wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Currently N4L is less active than usual, but still active. You may think that "There are people that seem like they dont' post the amount that they should" but there is a lot of work to do outside of the public eye as well having our own lives. Also post count doesn't really mean anything, its the quality not quantity.

Smile

I'll be really active during the June period, watch out Wink
Scorpio
This means no0bie will be posting lots of spam..

Finally someone can warn the mod himself

Oops! Did I say that audibly!
Commando_Sondre
Maybe I didn't understand this. But is this some sort of "mechanism" were you can register a new domain?
Might be a stupid question, but I don't really understand it. Thanks for all answers.
Scorpio
No it is not a domain registration

This directory on frihost is like a telefone directory at home

Like the fone dir has names addresses and fone numbers of people, this directory here has the names and websites of people hosted on frihost
babumuchhala
and just to add, not everyone one is added by default, but you have to submit your site to the directory, and its not a free entry Very Happy
Scorpio
babumuchhala wrote:
and just to add, not everyone one is added by default, but you have to submit your site to the directory, and its not a free entry Very Happy

Atleast not any more....
Vrythramax
I have a question about all this...I have a cuple of differant domains here at Frihost that contain a number of differant websites each...does this drectory submission only apply to my Frihost site or can I submit a site other than that one for listing (still hosted here)?
Scorpio
Quote:
does this drectory submission only apply to my Frihost site or can I submit a site other than that one for listing (still hosted here)?

Is there a difference between your Frihost site and the other one you have hosted here. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, if it is hosted here they allow you to submit any site.

But now you have to pay up I guess
Vrythramax
I have no site on my Frihost url and my other sites are each differant than the other. Thanks for the info Very Happy
Bondings
It doesn't need to be a .frih.net or .frihost.net subdomain. It just needs to be hosted on our servers as it's a directory of Frihost websites.

So if you have a domain hosted by us, then that one is allowed. The only thing I don't like is the "cloaking" ones as that are just hiding the 'real' url instead of replacing it as a real domain.

And it's still free, I haven't yet finished the coding of the directory. (didn't have enough time) As you might see, a lot of things are still missing, like the descriptions of the categories and the 50 frih$ cost. I'll make an announcement when it's finished.
Donutey
Is is just me or are there not a whole lot of sites listed?
Vrythramax
thank you Bondings...I'm pretty sure I can swing 50 FRIH$ Wink

1 more question if I may...are we allowed multiple submissions for differant sites? (and no, I do not use url masking or forwarding)
Donutey
only 53 entries??!! free(ish) directory listing doens't seem too attractive i guess... although I'm not sure if bondings has it set up where it will automatically add a site when it's requested... or if he has to do it manually.
Blaster
That is pretty good for the people that actually post here. It is still fairly new. Plus the less there is the more likely people will check yours out.
Scorpio
Donutey wrote:
only 53 entries??!! free(ish) directory listing doens't seem too attractive i guess... although I'm not sure if bondings has it set up where it will automatically add a site when it's requested... or if he has to do it manually.

Auto acceptance is not a possibility at all.

Because of the fact that spam submissions can not be excluded very easily
manumiglani
I am not able to see my site in the directory. My site's url is www.whatsmyipaddress.be

Is it deleted/removed from the directory ?

Also, Can i submit more than one site now ?
n0obie4life
manumiglani wrote:
I am not able to see my site in the directory. My site's url is www.whatsmyipaddress.be

It's in a queue.
manumiglani
n0obie4life wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

It's in a queue.

But I have seen it in the listings before. How can it be in queue if it is already listed before?
n0obie4life
Sorry, my mistake.

I think it's a bug, there should be a second page for the Directory.
Idoru
I'm sorry for the content-less post,
but I just have to boast the fact that
I succeded in no. 1 ranking Laughing

Don't think it will be long til' Blaster finds
out and throw a chump of frih$ there,
but it was fun while it lasted Laughing Laughing Laughing

...and while I still had a chance, for the dir is
so fresh Wink
Scorpio
How is the top 12 in the directory decided?
Blaster
Idoru wrote:
I'm sorry for the content-less post,
but I just have to boast the fact that
I succeded in no. 1 ranking Laughing

Don't think it will be long til' Blaster finds
out and throw a chump of frih$ there,
but it was fun while it lasted Laughing Laughing Laughing

...and while I still had a chance, for the dir is
so fresh Wink

Ok done. I beat you and mathiaus. Wow I am losing a lot of money here. Ahh its all good. I am making it back. Well yea don't expect to beat me unless you are S3nd K3ys bondings or n0obie4life. But i doubt bondings would put his in there being it is on his. Razz
n0obie4life
scorpio wrote:
How is the top 12 in the directory decided?

http://www.frihost.com/forums/account.php

You bid and bid and bid and bid Wink
Scorpio
I never even saw that thing..

EDIT: what process goes into this?

Is the bid money refunded if my bid is unsuccessful?

How many bids can one make?

Who does the money go to?

how will the winner be decided?

where will the winner be posted

how can we see the current leader in bidding?

What is the period of bidding?

Like do the highest bidder of this month remain on constant first spot throughout next month ?
PLease elaborate.

Do you have a FAQ page for the bidding?

if not when will you set one up?

thank you
n0obie4life
You aren't refunded any money.

The amount you bid, then it will be "stored", and your ranking on the account page will rise. Depending on the amount you paid (look at the fansites one, I paid 10 FRIH$ while mathiaus paid 50 FRIH$, so he get's a higher directory listing than me. But I get a higher listing than those who never paid. http://www.frihost.com/directory/category-3.php - you can see the amount we bid by clicking on "more info").

You can make as many as you want.

No where land. It just disappears.

Quote:

No such thing.

The current leader is the one right at the top of the listing.

1 month.

No FAQ yet.
Scorpio
Thanks for that concise answer..

Anyway I made my bid sometime ago..

good thing I have a lot of frih bucks.

Why cant you donate some to people?
n0obie4life
scorpio wrote:
Thanks for that concise answer..

Anyway I made my bid sometime ago..

I'm glad you understood my brief FAQ Wink. No problem for making it anyway. If you still have any problems, feel free to ask us.

scorpio wrote:
Why cant you donate some to people?

Sorry scorpio, I didn't quite get this question.
babumuchhala
Well, on the Bid System, what you guys are saying that there will be competion even in the directories. Razz

On how much one bids, I feel I should have the freedom to bid any amount i wish right from 0.1 to 10000000000000000000 (if i have that much Wink) and not just 10,20,50 or their multiples Very Happy

Plus shouldnt I be able to see how much I have bid in the accounts page itself isnt it Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
You do have the freedom to do so, just keep clicking on the amount you wish to bid (it'll just increase automatically). But please be reminded that the bids reset every month to zero Wink.

Well, I've told Bondings to add that (amount you've bidded). But for now, you need to go to the Directory, go to your listing and click on "[More Info]".
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
You do have the freedom to do so, just keep clicking on the amount you wish to bid (it'll just increase automatically). But please be reminded that the bids reset every month to zero Wink.
Yup I know that. But what if i feel i only want to bid say 45 FRIH$ for this month or say if i want to bid a 1000 FRIH$ for the month I wont like to keep hitting that 50 link again & again
Take the current thing in the Bids, I bid 10 FRIH$ but u too & have a rank above me in the top 12 & so if i could make it 11 FRIH$ i would be above your site. Or another thing could be to add a 5 FRIH$ bid Very Happy

n0obie4life wrote:
Well, I've told Bondings to add that (amount you've bidded). But for now, you need to go to the Directory, go to your listing and click on "[More Info]".
Yup knew that too Very Happy, but the directory isn't updated instantly so thats the problem :s
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:

if it gets reset to zero, then what site will remain at the top?

Since the fact will be that no one would have paid any money for the new month, whose site will be at the top
Vrythramax
I should think it would, at least until someone bids any amount more than you did for the new month...then your standing would drop accordingly
n0obie4life
I think it's clicks after FRIH$..you'll have to ask Bondings doh Wink
manumiglani
My site is deleted/removed from there without any reason and the admin/mods are clueless about it.

You can post only a single site.

And there are tons of other reasons.

We expected better than this atleast.
Scorpio
manumiglani wrote:
Frihost Directory Really Sucks............ My site is deleted/removed from there without any reason and the admin/mods are clueless about it.

It has no directlinks and also has nofollow attribute.

You can post only a single site.

And there are tons of other reasons. It sucks

We expected better than this atleast.

Is your site removed from the directory listing page or is it not there in the categories itself?

Also, I got my site listed on 3 search engines because of the directory

I dare not complain, atleast for now
n0obie4life
manumiglani wrote:
Frihost Directory Really Sucks............ My site is deleted/removed from there without any reason and the admin/mods are clueless about it.

Before flamming us, you should know that our Directory is only in BETA and there will definately be bugs as in all BETAs.

We're trying to find out why your entry was removed/not there.

manumiglani wrote:
It has no directlinks and also has nofollow attribute.

Of course, we want to track who clicks on what, otherwise how would we know how many clicks were there?

There would be no point letting the bots follow it, you cannot even pagerank of it as it's just a redirect to your site.

manumiglani, if you think you are so good at coding, please, go start your own webhost, manage it, modify it, create your own directories and stuff. Coding isn't simple. Bondings is doing this because he's kind, he doesn't really make much money off Frihost. The ads here barely meet his costs, he has to pay out of his own pocket sometimes.

The directory coding is done by him and only him, naturally, there would be bugs.

Please, think before you flame anyone.
Bondings
manumiglani, your website is not removed from the directory. It's just that I didn't have enough time to work on it. I originally planned to have pages of 10 listings and your website is currently at 11. I removed the limit now and it is appearing again.

By the way, this link was always working. http://www.frihost.com/directory/site-33.php

I will most likely also make it possible to have up to 3 listings per person, they however all have to be hosted by Frihost.

About the "nofollow". There is no way I'm going to link directly from the frihost.com website to all those other websites. There is a good chance that google would ban us because of it (all on the same ip).

I was originally going to register a domain for the directory and put it there (and then link directly without the "nofollow" tag). However, the clicks wouldn't be counted anyway and I suppose it would have more or less the same problems.
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:

About the "nofollow". There is no way I'm going to link directly from the frihost.com website to all those other websites. There is a good chance that google would ban us because of it (all on the same ip).

I was originally going to register a domain for the directory and put it there (and then link directly without the "nofollow" tag). However, the clicks wouldn't be counted anyway and I suppose it would have more or less the same problems.

May I ask why that would happen?

Like many sites have a number of links on their pages.

What causes google to ban them?

I did not comprehend the last line of the 2nd para.Kindly elaborate.

Also, what exactly is the nofollow tag used for?
is it related to the counting of clicks?

Thank you
n0obie4life
I don't know about the banning thingy.

But having "nofollow", makes a search bot not follow that link Wink.
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
I don't know about the banning thingy.

He said that the clicks would not be counted anyway, why is that?

Because it was mentioned that its necessary to measur the no. of clicks only in the earlier para
Bondings
n0obie4life wrote:

No, it actually does follow and sometimes even show the link if you search for them with "link:site". It just doesn't see it as a "vote" and doesn't (or not as much) transfer any pagerank.

Quote:
May I ask why that would happen? Like many sites have a number of links on their pages. What causes google to ban them? I did not comprehend the last line of the 2nd para.

The problem is that all websites are on the same 2 ips, both in the same ip-range (c-class ip). Normally this happens very very rarely as there are so many different ip-addresses in the world.

Also, quite a few websites link back to Frihost. Those links are being devalued anyway if you compare it with one-way links.

When Google notices this, it will see it as suspicious and punish the website in question (=us). The punishment can even result in a complete ban or just by ranking us much lower. I really can't risk it.

About the clicks, well if you have a direct link (the only ones counted as a "vote" or real link, the "nofollow" isn't really needed in this case) then you aren't able to count the clicks. Like if I link to xxx.frihost.net . The browser just requests xxx.frihost.net and the website linking to it doesn't even know that.
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:

When Google notices this, it will see it as suspicious and punish the website in question (=us). The punishment can even result in a complete ban or just by ranking us much lower. I really can't risk it.

What exactly causes google to suspect us?

I mean, is having multiple links on 1 ip illegal or something

We are just linking, right?
Bondings
scorpio wrote:
What exactly causes google to suspect us?

I mean, is having multiple links on 1 ip illegal or something

We are just linking, right?

Oh, but it's certainly not illegal. But there are a lot of things that aren't illegal and that can get you banned from the google index. Like hidden text or linking to "bad neighbourhoods", like spammy websites or link farms.

The thing is, that Google likes natural links. Take 2 random websites on the internet, the chance they are on the same ip is really small to unexistant. If there are 100 sites on the same ip, then that's a bit too suspicious.

It's just a way to keep their pagerank system alive and to avoid spam/low quality websites and scrapers.

Quote:
Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35772&ctx=sibling
sonam
Quote:
The thing is, that Google likes natural links. Take 2 random websites on the internet, the chance they are on the same ip is really small to unexistant. If there are 100 sites on the same ip, then that's a bit too suspicious.

Is it in this situation frihosters link exchange can result with baned from google? Rolling Eyes

Sonam
manumiglani
n0obie4life wrote:

Before flamming us, you should know that our Directory is only in BETA and there will definately be bugs as in all BETAs.

How could I know that the Directory is in BETA ?

http://www.frihost.com/directory/ It is the homepage of the Frihost Forum Directory and no information is provided there about the directory being alpha, in beta.

Well the bondings's announcement about the opening of frihost directoryalso does not state that the directory is in beta or some thing. It just says that its need to be completed that does not specify that directory is in beta. It only specifies that the directory is in still to be completed.

Quote:
Bondings is doing this because he's kind, he doesn't really make much money off Frihost. The ads here barely meet his costs, he has to pay out of his own pocket sometimes.

I know that and I really appreciate and respect Bondings for that.

n0obie4life wrote:
The directory coding is done by him and only him, naturally, there would be bugs.

I understand that.
Bondings wrote:

I originally planned to have pages of 10 listings and your website is currently at 11

What makes my site fall on the 11th place. I mean on what factors does it depend ?

Bondings wrote:
I will most likely also make it possible to have up to 3 listings per person, they however all have to be hosted by Frihost.

Eagerly Waiting for that.
n0obie4life
First off, I thought it was in the queue because that's the standard reply to everyone (at least for me, and I didn't know that the bug existed at that time of posting)

Then you said that you were sure you were accepted, so I checked.

Yes, it's there, so I did some research, played around with the ids for the request and found out (and I spent almost 45 minutes trying to do that for you) it's on the second page of the directory (which doesn't exist at that time of posting).

Then you asked again, I told you I didn't have time to talk to Bondings about it.

Quote:
I think its basically based on regional and family factors.

Definately not. We don't pick mods based on that. We have mods all around the world. Australia, India, Europe, America.

Quote:
I think there should be a rule in the Frihost Forum rules page ( I am sorry I should be posting this in suggestions forum ) that mods can break the rules whenever they like because they do that more often than anyone else. They post dam off topic replies that are very irritating. They closed the topics which should not be closed and the topic that should be closed are always open. I know that only mods can decide that according to frihost forum rules. Can Bondings please reveal the factors on which mods are decided however he can hide if he wish to. I think its basically based on regional and family factors. However, I can be wrong as always.

Quote:
I can give truly give you many examples of what I have just said where the mods of Frihost just behaved childish ( not all of them ) and spread their crap all over the frihost forum.

I don't know where you can find this, we seldom go offtopic.

Nothing goes with examples. We have our reasons for closing topics. That's for sure.

--

You don't know that the directory is in BETA?

Quote:
The submissions for the Frihost Directory are now officially opened, the directory itself isn't finished yet.

that's on the index page! on our forums!

The factors that caused you to drop to 11th place is because of the bidding system. Just put in something like 10 FRIH$ on your listing and you'll be up there.

This can be done through the account page - http://www.frihost.com/account.php
Jack_Hammer
The Directory is still new and has problems, all of which Bondings and N0obie know about and are working on, unfortunatly Bondings is very busy and has little time to edit the code so the problems will be fixed as soon as possible.
Wink
Scorpio
Quote:

Quote:
The submissions for the Frihost Directory are now officially opened, the directory itself isn't finished yet.

that's on the index page! on our forums!

He mentioned in the earlier post.

"Just because it is incomplete it does not mean it is in beta"

Beta means
Quote:
The second stage a software program goes through before a final is released. Software undergoes rigorous testing until it is ready to be released.

That does not mean the software is incomplete.
It means it has some bugs, but the coding is done.

Since you have mentioned it is incomplete, it does not mean it is being tested.
It means *"in software terms" * that the coding is not complete

Before completion of coding no one can release a beta or an alpha for that matter.
n0obie4life
scorpio, a BETA means, the core coding is complete. But not the whole thing is complete and there would be bugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_version#Beta

Quote:
A beta version or beta release usually represents the first version of a computer program that implements all required features although additional features may be added. It is likely to be unstable but useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers, but not yet ready for release. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, as a technical preview (TP) or as an early access.

Often this stage begins when the developers announce a feature freeze on the product, indicating that no more features requirements will be accepted for this version of the product. Only software issues, or bugs and unimplemented features will be addressed.

Beta versions stand at an intermediate step in the full development cycle. Developers release them to a group of beta testers (sometimes the general public) for a user test. The testers report any bugs that they found and sometimes minor features they would like to see in the final version.

When we released the Directory, it didn't have the auction system and was EXTREMELY basic. We added the Auction system now and it's rather limited to be honest (I want to test something, but I don't want to "destroy" my FRIH$ Razz). Such as the fact that you need to keep pressing the FRIH$ and you cannot bid something like "26 FRIH$".

As pointed out in the Wikipedia link too, Windows Vista is in BETA, are you telling me that it's code is not complete? It's rather complete, to be frank, it's just bugfixes, testing, and etc now Wink.

And scorpio, I thought you go to the phpBB forums, they have lots of [BETA] mods in the development forum. You should know that these BETA mods have their code and etc, but they are buggy..I thought you knew that..
mathiaus
Added the fact it's in BETA to the announcement so there can now be no confusion. (Hope Bondings doesn't mind)
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
scorpio, a BETA means, the core coding is complete. But not the whole thing is complete and there would be bugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_version#Beta

Quote:
A beta version or beta release usually represents the first version of a computer program that implements all required features although additional features may be added. It is likely to be unstable but useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers, but not yet ready for release. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, as a technical preview (TP) or as an early access.

Often this stage begins when the developers announce a feature freeze on the product, indicating that no more features requirements will be accepted for this version of the product. Only software issues, or bugs and unimplemented features will be addressed.

Beta versions stand at an intermediate step in the full development cycle. Developers release them to a group of beta testers (sometimes the general public) for a user test. The testers report any bugs that they found and sometimes minor features they would like to see in the final version.

When we released the Directory, it didn't have the auction system and was EXTREMELY basic. We added the Auction system now and it's rather limited to be honest (I want to test something, but I don't want to "destroy" my FRIH$ Razz). Such as the fact that you need to keep pressing the FRIH$ and you cannot bid something like "26 FRIH$".

As pointed out in the Wikipedia link too, Windows Vista is in BETA, are you telling me that it's code is not complete? It's rather complete, to be frank, it's just bugfixes, testing, and etc now Wink.

And scorpio, I thought you go to the phpBB forums, they have lots of [BETA] mods in the development forum. You should know that these BETA mods have their code and etc, but they are buggy..I thought you knew that..

OMG

I am sure you misunderstood me noobie..

Quote:
Since you have mentioned it is incomplete, it does not mean it is being tested.
It means *"in software terms" * that the coding is not complete

Also,
Quote:

Beta means

Quote:
The second stage a software program goes through before a final is released. Software undergoes rigorous testing until it is ready to be released.

That does not mean the software is incomplete. <<--This sentence means that the coding is complete
It means it has some bugs, but the coding is done

Hope you understood

You completely misunderstood me and made a 4 point post there Laughing
Indyan
n0obie4life wrote:
You aren't refunded any money.

The amount you bid, then it will be "stored", and your ranking on the account page will rise. Depending on the amount you paid (look at the fansites one, I paid 10 FRIH$ while mathiaus paid 50 FRIH$, so he get's a higher directory listing than me. But I get a higher listing than those who never paid. http://www.frihost.com/directory/category-3.php - you can see the amount we bid by clicking on "more info").

You can make as many as you want.

No where land. It just disappears.

Quote:

No such thing.

The current leader is the one right at the top of the listing.

1 month.

No FAQ yet.

Wow. That's a pretty nice concept. Thanks for explaning it.
manumiglani
Quote:

How could I know unless it was stated. It is stated now atleast

So by seeing thae data in the directory one can easily see that some sites have the same no. of Bidding amounts (0 Frih$) and some sites have less no. of clicks but these sites are still placed above my site.
Bondings
The number of clicks has nothing to do with the listing. The listings are ordered by the bidding amount. If there is no bid available, then the database outputs the listings in a default order, it is by id, so the people who requested first, will be put higher.
salman_500
how do i submit my site???
wumingsden
salman_500 wrote:
how do i submit my site???

At the bottom of http://www.frihost.com/forums/account.php
Donutey
I've gotton ~5 more unique visitors since I bidded.
n0obie4life
manumiglani wrote:
Quote:

How could I know unless it was stated. It is stated now atleast

So by seeing thae data in the directory one can easily see that some sites have the same no. of Bidding amounts (0 Frih$) and some sites have less no. of clicks but these sites are still placed above my site.

The defination of BETA is common sense. Totally common sense.
manumiglani
Quote:
The defination of BETA is common sense. Totally common sense.
yeah, you are right. I do not have much of that.
coolclay
I went and submitted my site, but I don't see anything about bidding. Where is this located?
n0obie4life
coolclay wrote:
I went and submitted my site, but I don't see anything about bidding. Where is this located?

In the account page too Confused

http://www.frihost.com/forums/account.php - once you are accepted for a listing, you'll see the bidding options.
yooksauce
If I run more than one site from my frihost account, is it possible for me to buy a separate directory listing for each? Or if not, could I switch my listing? Who do I talk to about this?
Scorpio
yooksauce wrote:
If I run more than one site from my frihost account, is it possible for me to buy a separate directory listing for each? Or if not, could I switch my listing? Who do I talk to about this?

Bondings did mention that he will accept multiple requests in a short time.

He is just preparing the code, I guess.
Bondings
sonam wrote:
Quote:

Is it in this situation frihosters link exchange can result with baned from google? Rolling Eyes

Sonam

If you would exchange links with 100 websites with the same ip, then yes you are at risk. If it's just a few link exchanges, then please don't worry about it.

And yes, I will allow multiple submissions. Also, I'll change the categories a bit, it is split the most popular ones and remove some others (with no listings).
coolclay
Ah now I see where to bid, thanks noobie
Donutey
Blaster is up to 320 Frih$! that's pretty insane... assuming 2Frih per post that's 160 posts...

It'd be pretty cool if you could have the top 12 on the frontpage of FriHost, in place of the sample sites. That way it would give people even more incentive to post/bid...
Blaster
I wouldn't be if it whern't for mathiaus thinking he could beat me. I wont' stop at nothing to be up top. I got 82 clicks on it since it opened. I must make say 50 frih a day so that is nothing. Very Happy
NjRocket
lol, blaster i just got accepted to the directory and payed 50FRI$ to for fansites. I'm almost done designing my site. let me know if you have any suggestions, www.topsportlinks.frih.net
Blaster
really good looking site.

Yea 50 frih isn't going to beat me people. not to many people have a chance. Twisted Evil
Vrythramax
@Blaster

does it reset at the end of the month, or does it carry over?
Blaster
I beleave it resets sadly. Sad Oh well more bidding wars then Very Happy
NjRocket
Blaster wrote:
really good looking site.

Yea 50 frih isn't going to beat me people. not to many people have a chance. Twisted Evil

if you were referring to my site, thanks, i still got to finish up the links and fix up the forums. Alot of hard work did/is going to be put into this website lol.
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
I wouldn't be if it whern't for mathiaus thinking he could beat me. I wont' stop at nothing to be up top. I got 82 clicks on it since it opened. I must make say 50 frih a day so that is nothing. Very Happy

matt wont beat you in the near future.

He's got only 340 frih bucks and also is getting ready for a design order to shell out another 75.

But I am closing in.

I am taking it slow now.

I am 5 th place I guess.
But I can crack into the top anytime I want.

Wink
Blaster
Yea he is ordering a phpbb templete. Guess what. I am getting some of that money Very Happy
Scorpio
Lucky dog..

What work do you do on that template??
johanfh
I've just submitted my site to Philosophy and religion. It looks like I'm the first! But you never know, so i'll wait Wink

I like the directory. And I like it that there's now something you can do with your frih$. So the value of Fri$ 50,- is one listing in the dir. And the value of one post is between Fri$ 1 and 3. Are there more values known?

Greetings,
JohanFH
Scorpio
johanfh wrote:
I've just submitted my site to Philosophy and religion. It looks like I'm the first! But you never know, so i'll wait Wink

I like the directory. And I like it that there's now something you can do with your frih$. So the value of Fri$ 50,- is one listing in the dir. And the value of one post is between Fri$ 1 and 3. Are there more values known?

Greetings,
JohanFH

Actually the value of a post is between 0 and 4 frih$..

it is not updated there..

Anyway, you can go to www.frihost.com/forums/account.php

Here you can bid certain frih$ in order to get your listing into the top 12 on the right side of the main directory page.

Of course your bid must be among the top 12 bids made for your site to be displayed there
johanfh
Hmm, you're right about the between 0 and 4. I tried for the fun of it to create some sort of comparisionlist of the worth of a FRI$. But that's off-topic, so I won't continue this. Embarassed

About the directory: i think it's a really great idea. There are a lot of frihosters which you talk to at the forums and now you get to know their sites also. You can look in the dir who created a site in the same category and share info and knowledge. That's a nice improvement of the community-idea.

JohanFH
Donutey
a biiiig sigh... 5 or 6 websites of the top 12 don't have any original content on them...
alkutob
How can I see the listed websites in directory service ?

is there any link to check there ?

thank you
Scorpio
alkutob wrote:
How can I see the listed websites in directory service ?

is there any link to check there ?

thank you

Clik on the directory link at the top of the page
vignesh_natraj
but where can i submit my general directory will the submission rejected if it is not submitted in a suitable directory mine itself is a link directory
Scorpio
vignesh_natraj wrote:
but where can i submit my general directory will the submission rejected if it is not submitted in a suitable directory mine itself is a link directory

Submit it in the MISCELLANEOUS topic..

Since you cant expect Bondings to create a separate topic for directories(because you are probably the only one on frihost)

better do that.

That way, they cant reject your site on that criteria
Bondings
vignesh_natraj wrote:

As long as the website is ok then it will be accepted. I sometimes put a website in a different category if I think it should be in there or if I create a new category.
salman_500
hey,

how are the top 11 sites in the directory chosen????????
Scorpio
salman_500 wrote:
hey,

how are the top 11 sites in the directory chosen????????

www.frihost.com/forums/account.php

Here you bid in frih$.
The 11 highest bidders' sites will be at the top
Donutey
why was it reduced to 11 from 12?
mathiaus
Donutey wrote:
why was it reduced to 11 from 12?

Without actually 100% knowing, I'm guessing it was because there were 12 and most had 2 and some 3 lines so they didn't fit into the table/div Smile
Blaster
yea i belive so too. I saw a lot of the direcory thanks to you mathiaus. Wink

It is different too. Kind of funny i think.
Bondings
It will eventually be a top-10 and/or top-3.
Blaster
I would keep it at least a top 8. Top 3 isn't enough. A top ten thought would be pretty cool. But i think a top this just isn't enough people.

Where does the frih$ go exactly?
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
I would keep it at least a top 8. Top 3 isn't enough. A top ten thought would be pretty cool. But i think a top this just isn't enough people.

Where does the frih$ go exactly?

Back into the vault Twisted Evil
TeenZine
I bid 100$
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:
It will eventually be a top-10 and/or top-3.

A top 3 is a bit too much, if you want to reduce it so badly, you can bring it down to top five atleast
Dragonfly
This Directory is really an excellent idea.

If I submit my site which is username.frihost.net it will re-direct to my top level domain, is this okay? Since I have bought top level domain which I hosted as addon. You can see the top level domain in my signature. Link too is provided. Thank you.
Bondings
Dragonfly wrote:
This Directory is really an excellent idea.

If I submit my site which is username.frihost.net it will re-direct to my top level domain, is this okay? Since I have bought top level domain which I hosted as addon. You can see the top level domain in my signature. Link too is provided. Thank you.

Dragonfly, you may submit your domain kaladan.com if you want. It doesn't need to be something.frihost.net. It's ok as long as it's hosted by us.
zjosie729
It's nice now that there is actually something at our account page and that the the Frihost directory is finished, but I think the cost for submitting your website is way too much.
I also think the font in the directory should be made bigger. It's a little too hard to read, especially after staring at the screen for a while.
Blaster
Its free for now unless you are bidding. Like i already spent almost 500 frih$ to get on top. So free isn't that bad. Very Happy
Bondings
Blaster wrote:
Its free for now unless you are bidding. Like i already spent almost 500 frih$ to get on top. So free isn't that bad. Very Happy

Blaster, just a tip, don't spend all your frih$ in one month. There will be other months with maybe a lot more traffic to get. Wink
TeenZine
oh i didn't know its for a month in that case 50 frih$ And i bid 100 for june
Blaster
Bondings wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Blaster, just a tip, don't spend all your frih$ in one month. There will be other months with maybe a lot more traffic to get. Wink

Yea good point. I will get it back though. Yea i should stop now. Stupid mathiaus. He made it go that high. I shaw yell at him the next time he is online. Wink
nuskin
Bondings wrote:
Discussion about this announcement.

Dear Sir!
Directory submissions is a great deal for all of webmasters.
Could you , please, tell us: why do you not prefer Free Directory Submissions ?
I am not sure, that you you are right.
You can see a lot of internet directores free of chage...
Am I right? Very Happy
Scorpio
It is not a question of free or not-free here.

He asks you to pay 50Frih$ for a submission, not 50US$, this is just to ensure that you are active enough.

50 frih$ is not too much at all.

Every active user has that much or more than that.

You just have to post meaningfully and usefully and not spam.
DarthSilus
Although I am all for reform here at FriHost, I agree that an overhaul of the template should have been completed first.

...and I'm not sure I really am for the exact categorization used here. Sure. It's great at organizing every possible subject in the sun. That's just dandy. Except. There is no conversing going on. There are too many people barraging each topic scavanging for something they can write in payment for websites in a small amount of time. Organize the boards into personality types, with catregories under each of those. Hey, why not give some Mods some boards or "bands/gangs" of their own. Make it personal for God's sake before we cycle through another 100 memebers.

Hell, I don't even know why I'm writing this... no one will read it anyways.

Your Truly,
Dr. Unruly
Blaster
I read it. I dont' know what you are talking about but i read it. And also new month is starting so start bidding. Dont' worry you will have a chance. I am reamaking my site so i won't be bidding for it.
TeenZine
Blaster wrote:
I read it. I dont' know what you are talking about but i read it. And also new month is starting so start bidding. Dont' worry you will have a chance. I am reamaking my site so i won't be bidding for it.
Veary Veary funny Blaster.
Donutey
I'm guessing Bondings is gonna manually reset the bidding, because it's june 1st and it hasn't reset yet.
Blaster
Well you must remember there are differnt time zones. I am in GMT -4 for example and it is still the 31st. So who knows. It may be a little bit of time.
TeenZine
Right I accedently messed up and saw it was the 1st on the frihost fourm so I assumed it was reset and bid something i forgot the exact amount. How bad for me im so sad Sad
Donutey
yea, that's where i saw the time, on the forum, so i assumed that was when it would be reset... aw well...

EDIT:

It's June 2nd !! lol...
Scorpio
Donutey wrote:
yea, that's where i saw the time, on the forum, so i assumed that was when it would be reset... aw well...

Frihost runs on GMT+1

Atleast thats what bondings runs on.
n0obie4life
scorpio wrote:
Donutey wrote:

Frihost runs on GMT+1

Atleast thats what bondings runs on.

Server 1 runs on GMT +1
Server 2 runs on GMT -6
Donutey
I guess it's not being reset? Has anyone asked Bondings about it?
kiranaghor
There should be a category titled: "Education" or "academics".
Blaster
kiranaghor wrote:
There should be a category titled: "Education" or "academics".

I actually like that idea.

I dont care that bondings didn't reset it yet. That just means that it is longer for me to be up there. Very Happy

But i really like that idea. I think bondings should make that topic.
Empire
how many sites can we put in the directory? I have like 5 sites hosted @ frihost... can I only put one up?
Ratman2050
At the moment you can't get your site link on the home page. The current sites will be replaced in the future but Bondnings has made no decisions yet on when or by which sites. You can however list your site in the directory ( http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-35393.html ).

Umm Mathius told me do do this I didnt really get what he meant here are some details. #Domain: http://www.clan-nda.frih.net/
#IP: 216.32.85.170
#Server: 2
wumingsden
Ratman2050 wrote:
At the moment you can't get your site link on the home page. The current sites will be replaced in the future but Bondnings has made no decisions yet on when or by which sites. You can however list your site in the directory ( http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-35393.html ).

Umm Mathius told me do do this I didnt really get what he meant here are some details. #Domain: http://www.clan-nda.frih.net/
#IP: 216.32.85.170
#Server: 2

You have to submit it yourself through the accounts page: http://www.frihost.com/forums/account.php I don't think the way its handled has changed.
Bondings
Oh and the frih$ should be reset pretty soon as we're approaching the end of the month.
TeenZine
Thanks do you have an approx date like are we talking 1 day or 5 days .
wumingsden
TeenZine wrote:
Thanks do you have an approx date like are we talking 1 day or 5 days .

Bondings means at the end of the month, there are 31 days in June
Ratman2050
Wait what is the directory thing do what does it mean?