FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

STARGATE... maybe based in a real story?

sentinela
there is some comments all over the net about the stargate sg1 being based in a true sotry....

something about area 51 project and so....

comments?
arch23
just another rumor/conspiration theory out there. i don't believe it's true although that a great tv show (and movue)...
wistom
I like the story STARGATE sg1 .
I looked all them over, maybe its not true.

But some information maybe true not all of them are theory..

Just for that we could not know everything that every country has the informatin, we just can imagic what we have .

We could not get all the techneque so that we could not know
Fred1967
I don't think it's based on true, but I like the serie.

Series like the X-files also seems to be based on some unsolved mysteries.
That I believe rather then SG1. Nevertheless SG1 is a nice serie.
talonsmallville
I canīt believe in parts You know. I guess everthing can be true.
alkady
Another Conspiracy, C'mon you really think this is true? If it was their would be Battlestations in space protecting the earth from the Goaul'ds
ChaosMike
There is no way anything like this exists. If it did, at least there would be a leak about some Stargate program. I've never even heard of anybody considering this as a possibility. the 9/11 conspiracies are more plausible than this Laughing

Going off topic on the issue, but I LOVED the stargate movie. I also liked SG1 series when the show first started, now I don't seem to excited to watch.
faker_phil
alkady wrote:
If it was their would be Battlestations in space protecting the earth from the Goaul'ds

Not really (it said based on, not exactly like), but still, NOT TRUE!
I dont think it is possible to cover something of that magnitude up (ships crashing and so on..)
alkady
faker_phil wrote:
alkady wrote:
If it was their would be Battlestations in space protecting the earth from the Goaul'ds

Not really (it said based on, not exactly like), but still, NOT TRUE!
I dont think it is possible to cover something of that magnitude up (ships crashing and so on..)

Actually the serie is based on ancient mythology from around the world, But primarily the Egyptians.
faker_phil
Yeah, I figured that was common knowledge, but what I meant was the "Stargates do exist, the govt. is just hiding it" stuff.
I am currently taking Ancient Civilizations in school, and its pretty fun to always have stargate theories in the back of your head while learning that stuff.
dray101
Stargate Rocks! Razz
but I don't think that it is based on a real life.

However I think that if the US government did have/know of something like a Stargate the wouldn't tell the public (or other countries) and...
ChaosMike wrote:
If it did, at least there would be a leak about some Stargate program.
I don't think it would leak and if it did the US government would just deny it. Wink

Anyway Stargate Rocks! Very Happy Laughing
kazza
Don't think its true either!

Yeah, Stargate SGI is awesome, better than Atlantis, the characters are great and orignal (except for mitchel)! And they're so funny! I liked Jack O'neil but he's gone. He's the best.

Vala is a great character too. but every since the Ori started attacking our galaxy, she's starting to get a bit more serious and borin. But I value her change in virtue.

What's ur fav. character?
Idoru
True, as in conspiracy concealed by US Gov... not likely! True as in based on mythologi,
definitly! In a good way using the power of Science Fiction to break the bounderys
of what's 'know to be true', still keeping the base in familliar science. Nice! I can but
applaude it Applause

In the end all we know is true is that we doesn't know anything, so I guess there is
room to wander away, but still, I prefer to keep my feet somewhat on the ground.
Though I must say that the spinn-offs on theology and philosophy are amazingly
thoughtworth from time to time.
talonsmallville
Hi people,

I loved that show. I was so sad that was cancell.

I have directv, and They didnīt have Fox channel, now They did, I was so happy, them I head that show was cancell.

I miss Jack OīNell. I hope They get so good end that show.
benjmd
talonsmallville wrote:
Hi people,

I loved that show. I was so sad that was cancell.

I have directv, and They didnīt have Fox channel, now They did, I was so happy, them I head that show was cancell.

I miss Jack OīNell. I hope They get so good end that show.

Not so fast Talonsmallville!! There are still a few episodes of SG-1 left to air on SciFi. (They better have some sort of resolution to the Ori thing before they stop or I'm gonna be hopping mad for months.)

I've also heard rumors that other companies are still considering picking up the Stargate SG-1 series and continuing it, although I don't think there's anything real promising just yet in that regard.

At least we have Stargate Atlantis still, which should feature some cameos from our favorite SG-1 men and women, and the (again, rumored) prospect of another spin-off.

All I ever wanted was to win the Get-In-The-Gate sweepstakes Crying or Very sad
vw_bugg
Does anyone remember the episode where one guy whose memory they erased was a hollywood producer, created a show about the stargate program inside the show. may be it is like that.
benjmd
vw_bugg wrote:
Does anyone remember the episode where one guy whose memory they erased was a hollywood producer, created a show about the stargate program inside the show. may be it is like that.

Yeah, the character was "Martin Lloyd" played by Willie Garson. Episodes 4.11, 5.12 (Wormhole X-Treme!, which is what I think you're mainly talking about), and 10.6.
RT Cunningham
Although the Sci-Fi channel and others haven't renewed the contracts for SG1, I can't see it being canceled for all time. Even if there's a hiatus between seasons, I think it will be back. It's one of the highest-rated shows on television, in several countries. Cancellation would be retarded -- unless the main actors just don't want to do it anymore (that's happened in the past).

I also know that it's one of the most downloaded series on the Internet and probably will be for years to come.
talonsmallville
benjmd wrote:
Not so fast Talonsmallville!! There are still a few episodes of SG-1 left to air on SciFi. (They better have some sort of resolution to the Ori thing before they stop or I'm gonna be hopping mad for months.)

I've also heard rumors that other companies are still considering picking up the Stargate SG-1 series and continuing it, although I don't think there's anything real promising just yet in that regard.

Hi There,

I hope your new itīs will be true.
Here at Brazil there are news on websites noticied that be certain that show was cancell.
For actors maybe not so good in continued made some episodes, but for us fans, that would be huge.
vw_bugg
benjmd wrote:
vw_bugg wrote:

Yeah, the character was "Martin Lloyd" played by Willie Garson. Episodes 4.11, 5.12 (Wormhole X-Treme!, which is what I think you're mainly talking about), and 10.6.

I knew someone would remember, i am a trekki not stargate.
kwaksalver
Well it would be cool if we had this kind of stargate, but I don't think it's realistic.. Imagine that earth was attacked by someone out of space suddenly Rolling Eyes .
pegasus sword
il love stargate and it's true that this story may be true there's many rumors talking about that like the area 51 and many other things and it's not impossible even if it's a TV Show perhaps we're not alone in this universe who knows
NeoValkyrion
Not exactly related to the topic, but I found Stargate SG-1 nowhere near as good as the movie.

It may be a good show, but it's not the show for me. Without the original characters from the movie, it just kinda got dull.
PriDe
totally agree:
Quote:
Yeah, Stargate SGI is awesome, better than Atlantis, the characters are great and orignal (except for mitchel)! And they're so funny! I liked Jack O'neil but he's gone. He's the best.

Vala is a great character too. but every since the Ori started attacking our galaxy, she's starting to get a bit more serious and borin. But I value her change in virtue.

Richard Dean anderson is great it's a pity he wanted out.. he's still working on the video game voices but he hasn't been mentioned so far in the two movies they're going to make straight to dvd

Game Link:
http://www.stargateworlds.com/
faker_phil
Stargate Worlds is going to use the new Unreal 3 Engine, so the game is going to look a lot better than those screenshots. Very Happy
pansophia
Yummy! I can't wait for Stargate Worlds!
Simulator
Neither can I but back on Topic. Building of a Stargate is possible, but the amount of energy required for it would almost be impossible, at least with technology we have nowadays, anything is possible, but I don't think it's happening now....
IdontKnow
Coincidence, a break-thru in technologic field, jumping from a 2 floor - lamp calculator to a super computer not bigger that a book in less then 50 years and we had a spear,bow,horses,cannon, for almost 5000 years. So nice to live in our sweet ignorance knowing that ther is nothin out there to truble our little punny lifes!
Ignorance,sweet ignorance!
Felixurban
I assume you're not talking about the idea of aliens pretending (or creating) all anchient myths as a way to enslave or interact with anchient humans? THAT part woud be a bit farfetched. Still, the idea of alien tech being in anchient times and pyrimids being inflenced by aliens and all that isn't a new concpet. I beleve the book "Chariot of the Gods" is along thoes lines AND I seem recall talk about pryimids being spotted on Mars and all that. Most of it is crackpot but you NEVER know. Smile BTW, there's a great book from (I think) the 50's called "Lords of Atlantis" by Wallance West (oddly enough also the alter ego of Flash III, the former Kid Flash) about Martians pretending to be Greek/ Roman gods and living on anchient Earth. If you can locate it the book is a good read.
Dean_The_Great
I'm currently watching Stargate in order from DVD all the way through. I'm currently starting season 4, and I can't wait until it starts to get really crazy in the upcoming seasons. Then now I hear there are to be additional TV movies? Awesome!

Plus, I still watch Atlantis, so we're good to go there as well!
Idoru
Movies, yup! Very Happy

There is 'The ark of truth' and 'Continuum'. Many familiar faces and stories you know well. Smile
Quite nice, I must say, quite nice.
And Atlantis, I must say I think it's getting better and better. Like a good friend. Cool
MeddlingMonk
The first movie, The Ark of Truth, is due out in Australia on DVD in April, I think.

As for Stargate having any basis in reality.... somehow, I don't think the pyramids were built by an advanced alien race. Stargate, in my mind, is just an great sci-fi series with links to the mythology of some cultures, which I don't believe were influenced by any extra-terrestrial lifeforms (ie. Goa'uld, Asgard, Ancients, etc.).
Blu_Spykz
Stargate is a classic example of manipulation.

The writers are clearly well versed in history, and where there is REASONABLE doubt as to how something went down (for instance, the Pyramids, the "Gods" of the egyptians, the lost city of atlantis etc and so on) they basically wrote it in to their plot.

And it WORKS because NO ONE, currently, can disprove it!

Just media manipulation.

Incidently, if it were true, I wouldn't mind travelling to P3X 481
Idoru
I'd say that blue_S have some points, but still, if you study it there will propablly be flaws. Still, I and many with me
are intrigued with the seemingly exploration of a vast unknown universe. It works, and from time to time they even
succed in making quite good philosophical points. Other times they, like all series aired a long time, simply get stuck
in their own fictional world.

Anyhow, true story or not, the Science Fiction enviroment is a great playground for ideas, and the writers of Stargate
have presented some nice ones. Like Thor beeing a thin mighty alien. Laughing That one made me laugh quite a while.

Still, they fall where so many others in SF also fallen, lack of imagination of un-humanoid life-forms. Sure, they have a
few examples, but have for different reasons choosen the humaniod form in different variations to represent alien
enteties. Personally, I like it better when it's a bit 'strange'. Smile

Anyhow, I still watch all SG released, and will keep doing so. It's a good one. Cool
Felixurban
Blu_Spykz wrote:
Stargate is a classic example of manipulation.

The writers are clearly well versed in history, and where there is REASONABLE doubt as to how something went down (for instance, the Pyramids, the "Gods" of the egyptians, the lost city of atlantis etc and so on) they basically wrote it in to their plot.

And it WORKS because NO ONE, currently, can disprove it!

Just media manipulation.

Incidently, if it were true, I wouldn't mind travelling to P3X 481

Doesn't manipulation imply they were TRYING to make us think it really happened? Last I heard they were just making entertainment, not trying to sell some werid religion (like Scientology) or trying to rook people into thinking the story is/was real. It's a slick plot device (old gods as aliens, magic as science) but not a new one. As posted (here or somewhre) there's a fiction book from the 50's about Greek/Roman gods being aliens from Mars by a guy named Wallance West (it's called "Lords of Atlantis"). Smile Fun read, check it out if you can find it.
Felixurban
Dean_The_Great wrote:
I'm currently watching Stargate in order from DVD all the way through. I'm currently starting season 4, and I can't wait until it starts to get really crazy in the upcoming seasons. Then now I hear there are to be additional TV movies? Awesome!

Plus, I still watch Atlantis, so we're good to go there as well!
Yeah I'm watching the last season in syndication as well as "Atlantis" and they both heavily advertise the direct to DVD movie "Arc of Truth" I beleave it's called. I need to get on finding the box sets of "Stargate" but I've gotten behind. Smile Ebay, here I come.
dude_xyx
They have used legends and stories around the world smartly in their scripts all possibilities which no one can denied. So in someways its true.
arguiaren
sentinela wrote:
there is some comments all over the net about the stargate sg1 being based in a true sotry....

something about area 51 project and so....

comments?

I always thought that was a story based on real events!!!