FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frontpage Uploading is Failing

Northgatebaseball
Hey,

I use Frontpage to do my website, and it is giving me problems when I upload. The message it gives me is:

403 Forbidden
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It uploads some files, but then it seems to hang up when it gets to a picture that I need to upload. I went through direct admin and I counld not find that file anywhere. If anyone can help me, please let me know.

Thanks
thpn
You need to go to the main page of DirectAdmin and click on 'Frontpage Extensions'. Fill-in the password and press enable. It should/might work from then on.
Northgatebaseball
Yeah,

I have done that multiple times, making sure that it is enabled. It worked earlier, it just stopped working this past week. I have no idea why. Any other guesses guys?
Scorpio
Northgatebaseball wrote:
Yeah,

I have done that multiple times, making sure that it is enabled. It worked earlier, it just stopped working this past week. I have no idea why. Any other guesses guys?

Suggestion::

Why bother?
Use filezilla or cuteftp or smartftp to do the uploading

It will save a lot of hassle