FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Silent Hill the movie??

djcaution
So they decided to make another movie from a videogame... anybody know if this one is any good or does it completely suck?? It looks like it could go either way. I loved the game, or at least the first couple.. Confused
ainieas
After all the debacles in the names of movies based upon video games made I'm reluctant to go and see this movie. One this is for sure, I loved Silent Hill 1 and 2.
sabu99
looks good lets hope anyway tomb Raider was crud
zvonca
Its a great game with great music too.
I hope that movie will be good as game Wink
Kelcey
It's doing pretty well right now(the movie). It doesn't look so bad. But then again I don't know how true it is to the game as I've never played it. Can't be as bad as DOA though (the movie that is).
altikris
All of my friends said it was a good movie. When i asked if it was better than than V for Vendetta they definetly agreed and said it was better. V for Vendetta wasnt that great...haha
shaggly
I went to see the movie yesterday, and I'm still recovering.

I enjoyed the games, and played them for hours.

The movie - well, I still can't stop yawning...

Personally, I thought it was a waste of money. The plot was almost identical to the game, which kind of defeated the purpose of making the movie. The effects were a huge let down and very, very cheesy in parts.

The attempts at atmospherics were not as good as playing the game on a large screen at home. The acting was wooden.

All in all, I really can't find anything good to say about it.
m_furquan36
its just so typical that many games that are super cool are turned into really boring movies....i wonder how they manage to totally ruin such a great thing Razz
trickstott
The first hour of the movie is pretty great, as are a few moments after that, but as a whole you will leave the movie feeling like the guy at the ticket booth stole your money and your time.

If you do decide to go to see Silent Hill, let yourself be fooled by the opening. Let yourself think that this will be a wonderful film full of frights and surprises and mystery. But when you start to feel bored, when you start to think that maybe the movie is going to suck, leave. Just walk out of the theater, and think to yourself: "That was a great movie! Too bad I was called away on urgent business!"

You will have far better memories of Silent Hill if you do as I say.
zanzou
I didn't like it at all-- not because it was a bad movie or because it got about the game wrong (which it did), but because it wasn't scary at all.

Lack of terror in something Silent Hill related = a failure to me.

:/ I've listened to music from the game and been more afraid.
Nigeria
The movie was ok. I never played the games. Let's just hope they arent planning a sequel.
Dj Redrum
I have'nt had time to see this at the moment, but hopefully it will be alot better than the game based movie '' Doom '' as that was very bad all round.
zanzou
Dj Redrum wrote:
I have'nt had time to see this at the moment, but hopefully it will be alot better than the game based movie '' Doom '' as that was very bad all round.

Bad-- or excellent? (Ha, ha.)

Really, I was amused as hell throughout all of Doom, possibly because it was just that bad. (It had the Rock. There were explosions, things died. I got everything I expected out of it.) Silent Hill doesn't even get the entertainment vote from me. :(
indeedwrestling
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE !

This movie put Video Game movies back at least ten years. If I was a studio, I'd never want to make another movie based on a game after this. It was digusting, immoral, plotless, confusing and way too long. Roger Ebert put it best - when it was over, he still had no idea what happened or what it was about.

A film is judged by it's performance as a film. You can't be expected to have read the book or played the game. It's the job of a movie to explain itself, the plot, and have characters that make senses. This film fails in all those ways. It's stock full of cliches (the factory that does nothing except make smoke) and impressive CG effects. However, that belongs in an art exhibit - not a movie. It was dumb and offensive. TERRIBLE!
mtoni
is this the movie directed by that german director ?? which had many sucky movies ?
Ljsk
I liked it, but I didn't really have an opinion on it until after I'd watched it.
djcaution
Laughing

Quote:

If you do decide to go to see Silent Hill, let yourself be fooled by the opening. Let yourself think that this will be a wonderful film full of frights and surprises and mystery. But when you start to feel bored, when you start to think that maybe the movie is going to suck, leave. Just walk out of the theater, and think to yourself: "That was a great movie! Too bad I was called away on urgent business!"

This is the best advice in the world!! thx!
jeslikesyou
zanzou wrote:
Dj Redrum wrote:

Bad-- or excellent? (Ha, ha.)

Really, I was amused as hell throughout all of Doom, possibly because it was just that bad. (It had the Rock. There were explosions, things died. I got everything I expected out of it.) Silent Hill doesn't even get the entertainment vote from me. Sad

Ha, I totally agree with you about Doom. It was far from good, but I watched it twice! Smile

But I actually kind of liked Silent Hill. I know I'm in the minority here, but for me the awesome visuals were enough. Don't get me wrong, I think it couldn't been much better, and the stupid tacked-on scenes with Sean Bean I could have done without, but I thought the rest was pretty entertaining. Maybe it helped that I'd been playing 2 right before I went to the theater, so I was already in a Silent Hill frame of mind.