FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who sayz cartoons are meant for kids???

varun_dodla
Hey you know what I'm a 22Yr old guy who loves watching cartoons....they are inspiring....motivating...touching ...and what not? A whole new world with a show of all possible emotions....

......surely they are meant for all don't you think....????
HoboPelican
Oh yes, even us old geezers love 'em! Although, we may like diferent ones

Smile

Some of my favorites

Old Warner Brothers. Bugs, Marvin, Daffy. Still love those.
The Tick (Spoon!)
Rocky and Bullwinkle (all time favorite!)
Space Ghost coast to coast (NOT THE ORIGINAL SG!)
Simpsons

oh and the really old Popeyes (B&W) were pretty trippy Smile
alkady
I like cartoons too because the possibilites are endless, They look so great and it's true it can have this undescribable effect when watching. Just like movies.
Octaeder
Have to admit a love for cartoons like Invader Zim, Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents. The randomness keeps me amused for hours.

But I still love to watch te old WB cartoons as well, I appreciate them all the more because they all had a maturity that I just didn't pick up on as a kid. Absolutely classic TV.
Whong
I too love cartoons, I'm 16 so quite young still, but still love them! Laughing
My favourites are Tom & Jerry, Pokémon, Dexter's laboratory, Iznoogood and Jackie Chan Adventures! Those are just some of my favourites, cartoons are really great! Wink

I wonder who has started the "Cartoons are for kids" saying! Thats really trash, I'd say that if adults would watch more cartoons they could relax better and take things more easy! Wink
rip8fan1
Another old geezer here, (I was born before the 1970's), and I enjoy the following cartoons:

Spongebob Squarepants
Scooby Doo
Danny Phantom
The Simpsons

And the 'old' classics like:
Roadrunner
Bugs Bunny
Tom and Jerry
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Eiken
I'm not that old, (15), but I'm older than the age people expect to stop wtaching "kids cartoons", but really, a lot of them are still great to watch, they're how I'll spend my time when I'm bored, especially if it's one from when I was growing up.
HoboPelican
rip8fan1 wrote:
Another old geezer here, (I was born before the 1970's), ...

Shut up! Laughing If you're an "old geezer" what the heck does that make me? I was born in the 50's! Laughing I guess that makes me one of the Ancients, uh?

But at least we share some of the same favorite cartoons. Have any of you younger folks even seen Rocky and Bullwinkle? I haven't seen them on the tube in quite awhile, which is a shame. It seemed every year older I got, I caught on to more of the jokes. Truly a toon for all ages.
SilverDogg
i love cartoons aswell. made for adults or kids doesnt matter to me, if they are funny they are funny.

man, i need to get my tapes of bikermice from mars up here. that show kicked ass =D
brad31337
HoboPelican wrote:
rip8fan1 wrote:
Another old geezer here, (I was born before the 1970's), ...

Shut up! Laughing If you're an "old geezer" what the heck does that make me? I was born in the 50's! Laughing I guess that makes me one of the Ancients, uh?

But at least we share some of the same favorite cartoons. Have any of you younger folks even seen Rocky and Bullwinkle? I haven't seen them on the tube in quite awhile, which is a shame. It seemed every year older I got, I caught on to more of the jokes. Truly a toon for all ages.

Im 17 and I used to love Rocky and Bullwinkle as a kid. Such great stuff! You can buy them on google video im prettysure http://video.google.com "Hey rocky watch me pull a rabit out of my hat" but thats beside the point... I also used to love Roger Ramjet which I havent seen for years. Sad I dont know if anyone remembers there was a show on here but it wasnt on for very long which is sad. But it was called Victor and Hugo. It was about these two little criminals it was really funny, and I was very dissapointed as a child when it wasn't shown. Does anyone know it!?
Dezrok
16, love cartoons, always will.
I guess one part of it is the fact that I want to get into the animation business, but I just find them entertaining..
Anyone ever seen Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends? I love that show...
cparakawa
There are cartoons for kids, girls, adults, general audience, etc.
I'm watching Simpsons since the beginning (1989) till now (season 17). It was better in the past. And I like South Park, Family Guy, Futurama ... even Dilbert (not so great as the strips). There are Cartoons for everyone if you don't have prejudice about them.
CrimsonStrange
I learned more about myself, relationships, society and general human nature from watching Looney Tunes and those old Tex Avery shorts than I ever did in school or from my parents.