FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cash Mod Help

munkey_boy
Hi, i tried to install Cash Mod onto my phpBB2 forums and failed they are like 1/2 installed and i need a S-M-A-T i mean S-M-A-R-T person to fix it for me PM or add me on MSN ill be on again in about 10 mins, Thanks
Scorpio
For me the cash mod worked successfully the first time..

Though I installed it successfully, I am not sure if i can fo it for you..

And that was the first phpbb mod I had ever installed, it took me around 30 mins to complete the work

When you say half installed, what do you mean?
munkey_boy
scorpio wrote:

And that was the first phpbb mod I had ever installed, it took me around 30 mins to complete the work

What i mean is i copied all the files installed it etc. i went to admin panel clicked on cash admin and it said remove the sql_install.php folder i removed that then i went back to admin cashg it had the interface but the text was missing and i dont know how to uninstall it so i can "try" again so i was wondering if any1 copuld fix it and get it working for me
n0obie4life
Did you run the sql_install.php file?
munkey_boy
n0obie4life wrote:
Did you run the sql_install.php file?

yes
Scorpio
munkey_boy wrote:
scorpio wrote:

What i mean is i copied all the files installed it etc. i went to admin panel clicked on cash admin and it said remove the sql_install.php folder i removed that then i went back to admin cashg it had the interface but the text was missing and i dont know how to uninstall it so i can "try" again so i was wondering if any1 copuld fix it and get it working for me

Did you remove the sql_install.php file or some other folder of the same name.
krazycapital
Oddly enough I had it not work for the first time I tried. I don't use PHPBB anymore though. I actually like my new one better. Back to the point, I had to try a few times to get it to work. I'm not sure what it was. I think it might have been a file where the line appeared twice, and it was after the second one instead of the first one. Please note the keyword is 'might'.

Edit: Major question: What version of PHPBB is the Mod currently recommended for?
Scorpio
krazycapital wrote:
Oddly enough I had it not work for the first time I tried. I don't use PHPBB anymore though. I actually like my new one better. Back to the point, I had to try a few times to get it to work. I'm not sure what it was. I think it might have been a file where the line appeared twice, and it was after the second one instead of the first one. Please note the keyword is 'might'.

Edit: Major question: What version of PHPBB is the Mod currently recommended for?

I think it 2.0.18 because it was released latest last year october or november.

But I use 2.0.20 and it worked perfectly the first time, no hassles at all..

Thats a record for me. Very Happy
Bondings
Krazycapital, always use the latest version of phpBB. The other versions have security exploits.
engeland
I was just about to say what bondings said. Try to have your forum updated to the lates version all the time.

I used to have problems like yours since i stubbornly ignored forum updates
n0obie4life
Always update to the latest version, the [2.0.18] on the header means it works for 2.0.18 (and later versions, but there's no guarntee). Although if the mod author is active or you are hardworking enough to scan the topic, you may be able to find fixes (if any) for het latest version.