FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to find details with phone number

NuniPio
does anybody know how i can find a persons address if i have their phone number? is it possible?
n0obie4life
It depends on where you are living. I'm not sure about sydney, but it's possible here Very Happy.
alkady
In Canada it's called a Reverse Phone, But doesnt work with Cell Phones and if the person opted out the directory.
Vrythramax
alkady wrote:
In Canada it's called a Reverse Phone, But doesnt work with Cell Phones and if the person opted out the directory.

it's also called a Reverse Directory in the US, and it does list all the normally omitted numbers....but is [usually] only available to Government and "Police" Agencies.
HoboPelican
Vrythramax wrote:
alkady wrote:

it's also called a Reverse Directory in the US, and it does list all the normally omitted numbers....but is [usually] only available to Government and "Police" Agencies.

Lots of front ends for reverse lookup (at least US) are on the net.

One example that I use often
http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/

or
http://www.411.com/10668/reverse_phone

or
http://www.infospace.com/home/white-pages/reverse-phone

They may all use the same DB, I don't know.
screamingdecay
You can also type in the number in google and if they did not opt out it will be listed on top in there phone listing such as there address and such.
Slizer
Just out of curiosity, why would you need to do this? Sounds a little stalker-creepy to me...no offense..
dz9c
Heh I just use whitepages.com Smile
alkady
Slizer wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would you need to do this? Sounds a little stalker-creepy to me...no offense..

Perhaps it's for revenge against someone. C'mon even a stalker would know this.
HoboPelican
Slizer wrote:

Actually, I use it to track numbers to my phone that I don't recognize and double check phone numbers that I wrote down and forgot who it was for (it's embarassing how often I've done that Sad ).

Stalking? No, not yet. So far, I haven't been able to get Sarah Chalke's phone number so that I can leave my wife, cats and home and start stalking her fulltime. Laughing
alkady
HoboPelican wrote:
Slizer wrote:

Actually, I use it to track numbers to my phone that I don't recognize and double check phone numbers that I wrote down and forgot who it was for (it's embarassing how often I've done that Sad ).

Stalking? No, not yet. So far, I haven't been able to get Sarah Chalke's phone number so that I can leave my wife, cats and home and start stalking her fulltime. Laughing

If you plan to stalk LOL, I can give you Paris Hilton's Phone Book LOL. It has hundreds of phone numbers of well known star. Just joking.
Scotty Too Hotty
paris hilton, i had actually found all those numbers on the internet, i think they were available for download via bit torren if i do believe, but it was great, i laughed so hard when i had heard that
hobbitaurus
iirc someone told me that her phone was acquired via social engineering

ie someone tricked her into giving them her phone

i'm not surprised, but that is hilarious Very Happy
yupeng
I think these are people's private information.
And if you know the phone number and you can call this number,why not?
Unless you want to do something illegal Laughing
xorcist
Go to www.google.com and type in there phone number I did that and my address and name came up.
alkady
yupeng wrote:

Phone numbers arent consider private really, I'm guessing because anyone can aquire it off the directory.
HoboPelican
alkady wrote:
yupeng wrote:

Phone numbers arent consider private really, I'm guessing because anyone can aquire it off the directory.

Yep, in the US it is all public info, unless you pay a little extra and get an unlisted number. Most people don't want that, becuase then nobody can look you up.

You can also look up birth records and how much someone paid for their house (in my area, at least).