FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem index page

bluffmango
my default page that is index.htm has a problem, when i try to edit it from Cpanel,,,, it doesnt show any code init ,,,and it also says that the file is empty....what is the prob.where did the code go????
arch23
save it from your web browser, edit it offline and then upload it to your space.
smartbei
You could also try editing it with your FTP client (which is essentially the same thing unless you have php code - it won't be saved from the browser). I use SmartFTP and it works well for that.
engeland
try deleting the file and upload it again into your file manager...instead of overwriting it.
n0obie4life
Just refresh the page, or at least make sure you didn't upload a blank file..
bluffmango
i had not touched ma files for long and one day i find that theres this blank index page ....... i didnt do anything with the files
Bondings
Which file is it and do you have a backup of it? And is it from a cms or something similar or did you code it yourself?
bluffmango
i m trying to upload my index.htm but its not working , i m not being able to save it after online editing either, yes i have a backup for it... Its the main page of my website....so my website is not accessible... Mad
Scorpio
Isnt your website bluffmango.frihost.net or bluffmango.frih.net

In the bottom of your post the "www" icon points to bluffmango.frihost.com
Bondings
I removed the empty index.html and index.htm files from your public_html directory.

Please try to upload a new index file now and let's hope it works this time. Very Happy
bluffmango
i uploaded a new index.htm and i opened it and its empty AGAIN and the size is 0 ....... Mad
bluffmango
i tried to Edit it from the filemanager and it said saved successfully an dwhen i clicked the continue editing index.htm link it was again empty..........
Bondings
It seems like the file manager in your account is saving all files empty. This is the first time I see this.

Maybe try it with an ftp client like filezilla?
NjRocket
i use smartftp and it works great. I recieved my hosting last night and i connected through ftp instantly. Try checking the index file you have or reupload the index file. It sounds like the index is blank or something.
bluffmango
Bondings i will send u the code of my index page and i want u to upload it some how plzz...tell me where to send it
Bondings
bluffmango wrote:
Bondings i will send u the code of my index page and i want u to upload it some how plzz...tell me where to send it

Send it to bluffmango<the at symbol>frihost.com .
bluffmango
i have sent it, and let me know if u hav fixed the problem with the control panel...file manager....
Bondings
bluffmango wrote:
i have sent it, and let me know if u hav fixed the problem with the control panel...file manager....

To fix that, I will most likely have to remove and recreate your account. If you have a lot of files, then I guess that's not a good solution.
Bondings
I uploaded the file now, please tell me if it's ok now.

Maybe try it with an ftp program like filezilla.

About the problem with the file manager, cpanel is sometimes acting weird and then the only solution is to recreate the account.
bluffmango
How did u upload the file into my account ???
bluffmango
which software did u use
Bondings
bluffmango wrote:
How did u upload the file into my account ???

I uploaded it to one of my own websites and then transferred it to your account.
bluffmango
i am using Cute Ftp and its still not working which ever file i store and in which ever directory it fails to upload that file and makes that file empty.....deleting ma account will result in deletion of all ma files and uploading of those files again?????????? if yess its not possible i uploaded ma stuff pretty hardly so plzzz find sm other way out.. Pl Crying or Very sad zzz
Bondings
Do you have any databases? Because if you don't then it shouldn't be too hard and I'll try to move your files myself.
n0obie4life
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-5551.html

Bluffmango, try using FileZilla.
Bondings
Ah, I found the problem. You exceeded your disk quota (250MB) and that's why everything you add is refused and doesn't contain any content.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
Ah, I found the problem. You exceeded your bandwidth quota (250MB) and that's why everything you add is refused and doesn't contain any content.

Erhm, space quota.
evilryu530
same thing happend to me. so i got 2 messages in direct admin saying that my website will be suspended for the remainder of the mointh. i had to go in and delete a bunch of stuff from my folders.