FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is ASPELL (or other spell checker) available for our sites?

Traveller
Does Server2 have GNU aspell (or other spell checker) installed and, if so, are we able to use it (it would probably require our PHP code to issue a shell_exec() call)?

If it is neither installed nor available for us to use, is there some alternative we could use?

Note: this would NOT be for checking the spelling of anything in the forum (as has already been asked), but for us to use within our own pages that visitors to our site could use.

Thanks!
dayveday
I know this is an old topic now, and that Aspell was uninstalled because of the problems it was causing on server 2. Is there an alternative available to check spelling (like Ispell?), or is there a possibility of reinstalling a newer version of Aspell. I think that it was originally uninstalled in 2005 (?) from the reading of the forums - any chance of looking at it again?

Thanks!
Bondings
I reinstalled it on the server. However, if it causes the same problems as last time, I'll be removing it immediately.