FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vacation Mode

alkady
I think this may have been suggested, But I was thinking the site should have a vacation mode to suspend the Point System when someone is on vacation or needs a break without affecting their points count. THis in turn prevents the active users to go in the negatives when they are gone for a while to concentrate on other things like exams.
Animal
You're right, it has been suggested many times. But what would stop people going on "Vacation Mode" forever and not returning to the forums?

That's the point in the points system - you can get a maximum of 45 which gives you 45 days. Your account won't be deleted until you hit -20 points, so you can be away from the forums for 65 days without making a single post and your hosting account will still be active. If you're going to be away for longer than that, you can take a backup of your site, then re-request an account when you return - you'll almost definately get one.

The points are really a revenue protection for Frihost. It costs real money to run a free server, so if you don't come to the forums, Frihost doesn't get money and we can't afford to keep up the free web hosting accounts.

-close-